Yet another freaky site

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Luchaire, Dec 6, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Luchaire

Luchaire New Member

Check this one out:
    http://www.co.jyu.fi/~np/rpg/DnD/lovegame.html#children

Any D&D players should get a wild laugh out of this, especially the section on the "Occult books of Advanced Dungeons & Dragons" wherein the author says such wise things as:

:eek:

or:

Is this guy for real?? You decide...

(okay, it's a joke, but it's funny as hell)

2. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

I think - like most things in my life - I may have mentioned this before on T-A:HoL, but anyway ... when I was 16 yrs old or so, there was this guy in the group we knocked around with whose mother was a bit of a zealot (in all the wrong ways).

I leant him Saga of the Exiles (a sci fi quartet), and she told him she didn't want them in the house because they were tantamount to devil worshipping, and that he would come to a bad end. She threatened to chuck him (her 16 yr old son) out on the streets if he persisted in reading them.

When she found out that I had leant them to him, and that I played D&D too, she became very uncomfortable having me in the house (although she was two-faced enough not to say anything to me directly). One time, when I was around another friend's house, whose Dad was the Baptist Minister, she was there doing some "church business" and handed me a flyer very similar to the page Luchaire linked.

Mind you, she was right about here son, as it turns out - the evil bastard never did give my books back.

3. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

4. Gabriel Knight

Gabriel Knight New Member

Great page.
    Its the perfect example of Finnish humor.

5. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

I will just say this and then sit down. I know this page is in fun, and I am not trying to suck this thread into the black hole of the tired argument of "Christians are nuts!......No we're not" yada yada yada, but I would like to say this. That kinda nonsense posted on that site is complete and utter bullocks and they are the ones that give Christianity a bad name. My father, an extremely reverent person would scoff were he to read that.

6. Luchaire

Luchaire New Member

Unfortunately, Retard, I have read all that same sort of stuff on sites that were NOT jokes. In the 20+ years I have been role-playing (D&D since 1979), I have had some pretty freaky run-ins with whacked out Bible-thumpers - no, I don't mean the average religious/Christian person, I mean the hardcore fundamentalist nutcase. I've seen D&D book-burnings, group "sessions" to pray for the players, interventions to "help addicts see the light" and bookstores boycotted because they sold D&D stuff.

Your father is probably a more reasonable and intelligent fellow than the kind of person that this site pokes fun at. At least, inasmuch as he can be reasonable fellow having you around :p (That's a joke, please put down the flamethrower!)

7. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

I have seen them too. They scare me. They also make me sorrowful at the image they are putting on Christianity. I just don't buy into the fanaticism. I think religion is a personal thing.

Oh, no, not a flamethrower. An aluminum bat is my weapon of choice. :p

8. Luchaire

Luchaire New Member

If more people thought like you, I'd have less problem with Christianity in general :)

:eek:

*runs away*

9. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

I ditto that. There is something about people that say that I em doomed because I don't belive in something that is written in a old book that gets on my nerves. Luckily most people here think like that.

Our Host!