Yes and anyone who read my other threads can make a guess on

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Incubuspawn, Mar 5, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Incubuspawn

Incubuspawn New Member

Change the general section name to off topic. Trolls wont read the description as they think they all ready know hat general means :grin:
    Split the hints an tips into two areas.
    One area is Called Spoilers ( or something obviously meaning the same thing )
    and the other General on tpoic discussions with a no spoiler please thrown into the subject line. :grin:
    I think the off topic stuff can be combined with another forum here. I am not asking for a brand new forum just a change of contents. :grin:

2. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

This has been dwelled on for a bit. But splitting the tips board? That will result in more posts that get misplaced no matter what the description of the board is. Trust me I've seen it happen more than in one place. As for the General discussion, we just like it the way it is. We never had a *serious* troll problem.

3. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Ack! Trolls! Where!? Where!?

*DarkUnderlord pulls out his "Trusty Looking Glass Rifleâ„¢" and gets ready for action*

My thoughts are with Calis, I don't see a need to split up the hints & tips forum... And if PEOPLE CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO READ then they deserve to be abused and treated poorly!!

4. Incubuspawn

Incubuspawn New Member

Perhaps I should not have used the term troll :grin: I may have misrepresented what I was trying to say oh well. This is a lesson to me though. Allways read descriptions. General is general after all and doesn't generally mean the same general thing eh :grin:

5. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Hmmmmm.... I think I generally agree.. In a general sort of way.

6. Incubuspawn

Incubuspawn New Member

7. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

Maybe we just need a bit of perspective, as in:
    • Not everyone is as familiar with web pages, netiquette or fourms as us. Let's not give our potential recruits a hard time for not being born web-literate.
    • The odd posts in the wrong forum are hardly a problem. Jinxed cleans them up nicely, and I'm sure he doesn't find the task exactly onerous.
    • YOU WILL ALL EVENTUALLY BOW TO MY WILL, so why even have these little discussions where you delude yourselves with irrelevant ideas such as "freedom" and "choice?"

Our Host!