Xbox owners rejoice...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jungle Japes, Oct 9, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Good news for the Xbox people I guess. Tekken is the ultimate beat'em up series hands down.

3. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Lies! Mortal Kombat shall forever triumph!

4. Jungle Japes

Mortal Kombat is, was, and always will be a semi-amusing pile of rubbish.

5. Dark Elf

Media:
    The one redeeming feature of the Mortal Kombat games is the finishing moves. Freezing people to a block of ice only to carve that into a statue can only be described as cute.

It ended up having far too many ninjas though.

6. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Wait....

There were ninjas in that game?

7. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Good, aren't they?
    :p

p.s: what's the next post-step for titles?

8. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

There is a ninja.
    This ninja can take out a Troll Hammer as weapon. It's almost bigger then he is, and when he turns invisible the hammer does not.

So all you have is a giant Troll Hammer swinging around in the air.

9. papa_dog_1999

papa_dog_1999 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Tekken is okay.
    MK is...meh.
    I prefer the Soul Caliber franchise. (in spite of the recent cheesiness of added StarWars characters)

10. Heart_Flame

Heart_Flame New Member

Tekken forgot to turn 360 degrees and walk away? This is absurd.
    At least the joy is being spread to those less fortunate.
    What was with the inclusion of those Star Wars characters in Soul Caliber, anyway? I laughed when I saw that...

11. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

12. Jungle Japes

What this means for me is that I now have no reason to want a PS3.

13. papa_dog_1999

papa_dog_1999 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Yeah! Squire-Enix still has an exclusive contract with Sony for FF franchise.
    'sides, I find myself being a Sony loyal. Not that I don't have other consoles. Just that if I have to choose, it's the PS's.

14. Jungle Japes

Given that I have yet to play any of the FF games, that doesn't really do anything for me. Not sure why, but FF has always been a game that other people play, not me. Something about it just makes me go a big rubbery one.

15. Dark Elf

Media:
    The Final Fantasies are the kind of games you'd have to grow up with to appreciate, and even then the series goes far up shit creek past the seventh installment.

Part of me wants to be a ten year old again, playing FF6 on the trusty old SNES. Back then, the story was deep! Not to mention the steampunk...

16. Vorak

The idea of a console exclusive game has really started to die off, most companies now just concentrate on maintaing a small number of 'flagship titles' and not wasting the money trying to secure exclusive rights to other games.

Some developers still like one console over another, Rockstar really didn't want to release GTA4 on the Xbox but when Microsoft gave them enough money they did it. Their reasoning is supposedly that the 360 still uses DVD discs which mean that any game that is intended to be on both platforms has to be held back because the PS3's blueray discs can hold 50GB of content and the Xbox discs can't hold anywhere near that, hence why Microsoft have to have so much downloadable content on offer, if they didn't they couldn't provide the same volume of content.

So an Xbox means I have to pay for the bandwidth used to get the content, a lot of which I have to purchase anyway AND I have to pay to play online. A PS3 comes with almost all the content on the disc, free updates and free online play (although yeah I am still paying for bandwidth) and if I wanted to I could run it with Linux or upgrade the HDD without voiding my warranty, Sony have the better deal in my opinion.

17. Jungle Japes

I'll concede that point, but at the end of the day, I have fun with my Xbox, and I can't afford a PS3. If I could afford a decent PC, I'd give them both the finger.

18. Vorak

I bought my PS3 to have fun with I enjoy console games because you can get right into them for an hour or so and then just turn it off, whether you have a Playstation or an Xbox the principle is the same; PCs are still what real gamers use, Macs are for fags.

I just appreciate that Sony make their money up front, yeah they are definitely over charging for a lot of stuff but they do it in one hit, Microsoft hide behind low initial prices and then slowly bleed you dry, plus no region codes on PS3 kicks ass, I have a shiny new Rock Band set just arrived from The USA.

19. Jungle Japes

I must confess, I own a macbook. My reasoning was to have a computer that I wouldn't be tempted to dump a ton of money into. It works out pretty well for me, I run Mac OSX and Windows on it, so I can still play some of my favorite old games and such.

I just got RockBand 2, and I'm pretty pleased with the song selection, though there are some really lame ones on there. I've nearly mastered the guitar, but some of the classic rock and metal solos are pretty insane.

20. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

I must admit, Final Fantasy VI had some of the most epic Steampunk ever. It was very cool.

Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana may be my all-time favourite game. It's cute, fun, light-hearted, silly, full of awesome characters and a plot that creeps up on you. It's too much fun. Plus it's got DELSUS, NORN and ARLIN and if you've met those characters you know why they're so cool. It made me happy to own a PS2.

Soul Calibur is the best fighting game series I've played, no arguements. I'm just ignoring the presence of Star Wars characters, because I value my sanity.

(Although there is this cool looking game called Folklore I'm going to chip in for with a friend... this game could revolutionise RPGS... I'm not going to buy a PS3 until the price drops a LOT (which probably means I'll never own one), but since he has one it's not an issue. I love my laptop, anyways.)

Our Host!