WTF another stupid bug.

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Howard Stern, Jul 25, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Howard Stern

Howard Stern Member

Here`s the bug: i pick up my mechanized arachnid in my inventory, put it into one of my slots at the bottom and then try to "throw"the aracnid which is how you get it from your inventory into the arcanum world as your pet or follower, and it doesn`t work. I try to throw and nothing happens, the arachnid goes from one of the slots at the bottom of the screen back to my inventory.

I`ve had this problem ever since I dealt with those stupid halflings in blackroot who are near the camp of thieves who stole the mayor`s dagger.

2. Howard Stern

Howard Stern Member

and how`s this for another stupid bug: when your in a fight, you use your healing stuff, like healing salve miracle cure whatever or your fatigue restorer and they have NO effect on your health or fatigue.

Anyone else get this problem too sometimes?

3. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Does your character have a high magic allignment? If so tech healing itmes won't work.

4. floyd

floyd New Member

Hm. I seem to remember having to deal with the same bug once, but I'm not sure what I did to solve it...
    Wait...
    Have you tried putting the Arachnid into one of your quick slots and throwing it at an enemy DURING COMBAT? I'm not kidding. I think you can activate it that way. If you'll touch it, though, you'll have to pick it back up again and repeat this process. Tiresome, to say the least.

If it ain't the magic alignment that's causing your Healing Potions to fail, it might be a (known) bug: I've had this happening to me as well, and I found that the Healing Potions only took effect AFTER you moved your character a tile or two. Weird, huh? But if I remember correctly, the bug disappears again after some gameplay.

Are you patched to version 1074? I don't think I ever had trouble with these bugs after the 1074 patch.

5. The_Bob

The_Bob Administrator Staff Member

I think there's some of broken healing stuff laying around in the game, the dungeon of the dragon pool being the only place I can remember ATM.

Some pots there that always seem to fail.

6. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

The healing salves in the dragon pool are actually healing potions with the wrong graphics.

7. Howard Stern

Howard Stern Member

I have 100% tech aptitude.

8. Howard Stern

Howard Stern Member

Yeah the bug where the healing stuff (tech) doesn`t work seems to come and go. It actually doesn`t happen that often. And I do have the 1074 patch.

9. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    If so, I've had the bug that makes the medical arachnid a mage's best friend. Tech stuff always heals me for some reason.

10. team a

team a New Member

All the tech healing items and most of the magic potions will work regardless of magic/tech aptitude. It can be pretty helpful to make a mage with just 2 points in herbology to make heal fatigue. The magic healing potions have a custom script that calculates effect based on tech aptitude. In my opinion, all magic items, and most tech ones, should do this. I created a script awhile back to fix some of the potions, but how they should respond to certain aptitudes is a bit subjective.

11. kirarxe

kirarxe New Member

i dont think i have ever encountered my potions not working for me....Even if its a technical healing item even at 500 Magic apt it'll still work 100% fine for me...

oh and if you wondering how i get 500 Magic apt, i found the cursed item Helm Of Evil, or something like that, And it cause my Magic aptitude to increase to 500(Through repeatedly reequipping it...At a penalty of -6897 Evilness...
    thats probably the closest thing to a bug i found but even so...

Its still nice to be able to hit 70000 with rock throw and gain +18 dex from a +1 dex ring 8)

12. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

Wait, is it possible to increase MA beyond 100 ? :-?

WOW.

13. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Normally, no. In his case, aparently.

Our Host!