Writing whole posts in a color different that the defaul one

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Muro, Dec 16, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

One of Vorak's posts made me think I should ask this question. Is it allowed to write whole posts in a different than the default light grey color if it's not too garish? I'm asking because I usually write my posts in light blue color (as visible) on boards with default white (or close to white) to give them a little feel of myself without making it exaggerated however, therefore the mild hue. To make things clear and act polite I would like to ask if I am allowed to do so in the House of Lords, because I have no interest in irritating the staff without reason if it's forbidden.

2. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

You've been writing this way since May, if no one's complained yet, You're probably good to go.

3. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Well, it irritates the fuck outta me to be honest. It's also gay.

Yup.

4. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

That's probably why Xz doesn't seem to mind, there's more of his kind around.

5. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Indeed was I naive thinking this will be taken fully serious, however it was worth a try. :wink:
    Unfortunately not gay, hetero and occupied instead. Hope I didn't disappoint anyone, but better that than letting unreasonably hopes to grow. :D

6. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

I use the subsilver skin, and I fucking hate your color.

7. Telcontar

Telcontar Well-Known Member

Yeah it is deffintely......homo. But hey it is better than the dark bold blue you have in your sig.

8. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

If I wouldn't observe some of the forums society specific sense of humor while absorbing knowledge of Arcanum on the boards, I would think some of you people really need to chill. ;)
    It's so fascinating how in opinion of some people colors can have a sexual orientation. :D
    Telcontar, I surely can't agree with you, IMHO cornflower blue is the greatest color of all. Although as you said it is bold, therefore I didn't use it to write whole posts.
    Now I see Frigo has a point. The light blue looks awfully unclear in subsilver. And as users may use it as well as the terra arcanum theme, I prefer my colors to by clear in both styles. But I must say sir, you surely lose much of the forums atmosphere by resigning from the forums climatic and characteristic colors set.

9. mathboy

mathboy New Member

Anything that makes it harder to use subsilver is good. Continue using the lightblue text, or I'll have to edit every post you make to add it.

10. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Well you're welcome to do so. :D With that text you just made my day. :thumbup:
    Actually it isn't such a bad idea. I don't have anything against subsilver (I find that default sheme quite nice actually), but here is is just bad for the Arcanum soul of the board. If you're thinking about a rebellion against subsilver on the House of Lords than why not make a massive action of everyone writing in a almost-invisible-in-subslilver. It would be patriotic in terms of Arcanum. :D And I dought anyone would stick to subsilver in that situation. I just checked it and I believe white would be even more annoying to subsilver users than light blue.
    :thinks a second: mathboy, you're one of the staff. If you don't like subsilver so much than why don't you just make the Terra Arcanum colors the only one avaiable in the user's profile?

11. mathboy

mathboy New Member

That was a good idea. And it reduces the amount of work both of us have to do. Just don't change to subsilver now, because it might be difficult to change back.

12. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Standard text is superior to coloured text.

End of discussion.

13. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

I decided to actually right standard anyway, so no problemo. :wink:
    What do you mean by that?

14. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

He's changed the default font colour in subSilver to white.

15. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Good one. :thumbup: Doesn't disable subsilver, but is a hard kick in the butt for users of it. Now that's a strong suggestion to use terra arcanum.

Our Host!