Would you?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Zanza, May 12, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

It means it took me a few tries to get it right. Shouldn't try to stop anyone anywhere anymore unless last post is more than 14 days old.

2. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

3. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Wow, so the goatse didn't work from the beginning. Shame I missed the fun.

Shut up Virgil and let me think for a second. OK, I still seem to have some money. That's good. What, Joachim? Yeah, yeah, listen, I'll talk with anyone you want as long as you take me to the nearest city. I need a long warm bath :)sniff sniff: by the gods, I smell like a red herring). And a cup of earl grey. No, a jug of earl grey. Say, don't you have any earl grey with you? I'll give you a nice ring for it!

Well, in real life I propably wouldn't feel right about myself if I didn't look for some survivors before that. And actually try to find the owner of the ring. Conscience is a bitch.

4. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

*giggle* Well, that would be awesome. I think Virgil would learn to carry a LOT of Earl Grey very very quickly.

5. Maloch

Maloch New Member

Virgil,do me a favor and remind me to never ride coach again.

6. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Like Muro, I would probably look for survivors and then give the ring to the little dude in Shrouded Hills. Then I would probably wash my sorrows away in the inn next to me new drinking buddy Sogg.

7. Skyfish

Skyfish New Member

At first the pain and shock would probably be overwhelming, but after Virgil healed me up i'm sure looking for other survivors would be foremost in my mind.

Posing a complex question:

Would you support the efforts of Don Throgg and the labor unions? If so, would you prefer to do so quietly or openly? What methods would you advise or employ?

8. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Orcs are to be seen, not heard.

9. Maloch

Maloch New Member

I believe I would support them,though I would probably do so quietly as that would attract less attention my way while I plot and plan.

As for what method I would employ, that would depend on what spells I had available to me. Using Dominate Will on Don Throgg's opponents would help rally support to him without much persuasion.

10. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

I'd go and wipe out the protestors. Kill them and the Tarant council will be your friends for life and they are the most powerful group on the continent afterall.

11. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

In every game I've actually let the guy sneak out the back.

12. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

I'd definately be with Donn Throgg on this one. Orcs and half-orcs are people too, and I'm too much of a softy at heart to not help them. I'd be a sort of silent aid behind the scenes, ensuring that things went as well as they could and providing somewhere for Throgg and his compatriots to hide when things got really hairy. Being persuasive, a healer, and possessed of a few Mental spells, not to mention a whole lot of money after my adventures, I'd charm, bribe, and argue various councillors and men of power into giving Throgg open support.

Oh yes, and I'd come for Captain Wheeler while he slept and inform him that he either left off or died, his choice.

13. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Chances are I probably would be part of the Tarant Council, so I would be the one paying all you guys to deal with it.

14. General Mandible

General Mandible New Member

I'd help Donn Throgg. After he became powerful enough, he'd owe you one.

And right after the crash, I'd loot survivors, torture the truth about T'sen Ang and the Molochean Hand working for the Dark Elves out of the hired killer guy, then get drunk in Shrouded Hills and take things from there.

15. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Would you really go to the void knowing quite well you may never come back, and knowing that it is a prison for Arcanum's evils?

Nope, I would be pretty content with sipping on my earl grey, betting on the fact that one necromancer cannot defeat a whole continent in an all out war.

16. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

I'll help Throgg sneak out using the backdoor, and that's it. Orcs aren't people (obviously), yer half-orcs somewhat are, and they may become a equal part of society. I'm not 100% keen on that idea, yet Wheeler's method is the lat option I would consider right. I't just help Babcock and Throgg to not get killed unjustly, I could even be sort of a silent bodyguard in the shadows, but it would be up to them to fight for orc rights. I would just look after the fact, that everything would happen in a just way, no matter if Throgg would suceed or not.

You didn't know it would be kerghan, before banishment you thought it would be Arronax. And he destroyed whole Vendigroth before any one noticed WTF is going on.
    Still...
    No chance in hell. If I wouldn't be able to defeat "Arronax" once he would return to Arcanum, neither would I be able to do it in the Void. In case I failed, it wouldn't matter where I die, and if I would win, I would wan't to have a life awaiting me after the whole affair.

17. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

...You know, I'm not sure. I'd be compelled to kick Arronax in the cahones, but at the same time, the Bane of Kree would be there, and I'm not so keen on being raped and murdered by psychopaths. I guess I'd go, but I'd make sure that I had some very nice daggers and a Charm/Stun spell on hand at all times. Or I'd take Geoffrey with me and get him to wipe the bugger off the face of the Void.

18. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

A bit soon but Muro gave me an idea.

Would you worship a God in Arcanum? If so, which one?

19. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Maybe soon indeed, but there isn't anything wrogn with answering a few question's at once, is there? Just let's not make it dozens of questions. After all, what's the rush. The thread doesn't have a time limit, in which all of the questions must be asked.
    It's hard to answer anything else than "Velorien", since his the All-Father and everyone (OK, most uf us) knows about the Mazzerin's Mystery. But on my first walkthrough, I first didn't wan't to worship any god (because it would mean being on the bad side of some other god, and I prefered to be neutral on the matter), until I got the Pagan Gods Book from the Tarant university. Then I wanted to not worship any god until I would find the altar of the All-Father (well everyone knows how that would have ended). it's a all or nothing game for me.
    So I would either worship none, or go for worshipping Velorien. And how that would have ended would depend on if I figured out Mazzerin's Mystery prior to that.

20. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

Here are some more questions.

1. Would you form with some others a new pantheon of Gods?

2. What for god (ess) would you be and what do you think what the other members would be if they were a god(ess) in real time Arcanum?

Our Host!