WorldEd problem

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by Zeratchi, Nov 7, 2012.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Zeratchi

Zeratchi New Member

Hello everyone.

Something that has been annoying me for a long while with WorldEd, is that everything is so slow..

Like, if you are in "Top-down" mode, and want to zoom out, for me it starts to lag. Or if I click around on the map several times, it kinda slows down for each click.
    Is this how it is suppose to be, because it is really demoralizing me..

I can play any kind of game today with the highest graphics, I'm also using windows 7 ultimate 64-bit edition.
    Been trying some different compatibility settings and the "-doublebuffer -no3d" command, but it doesn't help me much.

This is really annoying, and it is slowing/halted down my progress, so if someone knows the reason for it, please, share some hints/tips.

Thanks in advance.
    Zeratchi..

2. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

Install Windows XP if you really have to make custom maps for Arcanum. WorldEd won't work properly on Vista/7.

3. Zeratchi

Zeratchi New Member

Re:

The answer I expected, but really hoped for something else.. Dammit..

Thanks for the reply.

4. The Pigeon

The Pigeon Member

I have the same problem and hate the slowness as well. Guess I'm going to have to get a duel boot or pure XP machine at some point.

5. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

If you've W7 Professional or Ultimate, you can install XP Mode, which is a fully functional XP virtual machine. Maybe give that a try?

6. The Pigeon

The Pigeon Member

Sounds promising. My personal computer is a vista machine which I've almost finished reinstalling the basic programs but should I ever get a windows 7 license I shall do so.

I fortunately discovered I DO have a pure XP machine which is wonderfully fast (in world ed) compared my vista one. Only regret is that the map saving and game loading is noticeably slower, but it's well worth it.

Our Host!