World of Warcraft

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vorak, Jun 14, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

I've never really been inclined to play this game before but I've just gotten a free 90 days worth of play so I may as well give it a go.

Does anyone else here play?

2. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

yea, I do.

If you can play at the European servers, log onto "Dentarg" :)

3. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

Despite the millions of people who play it, there really are better games (MMOs) out there. I've played it on and off for a few years, but Everquest 2, Age of Conan, ect. are much better. The only reason that it's so popular is because it has the word 'Warcraft' in it :/

4. Darkform

Darkform New Member

hmmm word association to sell games hmmm. someone should make a game called "Final Fallout of Arcanum".

a post Magick holocaust game where it is hard to find any magick at all but it's still around if you look hard enough.

5. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

I have an account and normally play on Eldre Thalas, but I ran out of time and don't have enough money to buy more. 90 days is actually plenty of time to completely beef up your character. I've sadly seen people level up from 1 to 70 in about a week, and I've read guides that let you do it in about 5 days.

6. Vorak

I have 2 seperate 10 day guest passes, could you use those to keep playing?

7. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

I played WoW for a while, but it really wasn't my thing. Too much work, too little fun. Too many people who take it way too seriously. The setting and story don't really do anything for me. Some of the gameplay mechanics really piss me off.

8. Vorak

Its amazing how much of that I'll ignore until they ask me for money.

9. Jungle Japes

Hey, don't let me talk you out of playing, you may really enjoy it. Part of my problem was that I didn't have a good network of friends who played, and you can't get very far without partying up. I prefer a good single player RPG myself. Now if only somebody would make a really good one, then keep pumping out new content for it like they do with MMORPGs. Of course, I guess that's probably what they were hoping to do with Arcanum.

10. Grossenschwamm

The trial passes don't work for established accounts, but thanks. My biggest beef with the game is that my friends were never really on. What pissed me off even more about that is I'd be on, level a bit, and sign off. I'd be off for a week, then come back on, and one of my friends who said he'd play with me whenever is 10 levels ahead after being two levels behind me the entire week before! How the hell am I supposed to quest with a guy at level 58?

11. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Have you played Neverwinter Nights at all? I mean number one, not two, by the way. Number two had some cool new features, but number one had SOO much more fan made content, and such nicer stuff. I'm planning on re-installing number one, and starting to play it again. Some of the modules for it were absolutely beautiful pieces of work.

12. Slayte

Slayte New Member

It is rather easy to hit 70 in about a week not even playing all that hard core.

I used to play on Blackhand Horde side

70 Hunter Marksman heavy build
    70 Warrior Ex-Fury now a Protection bitch
    70 Elemental Shaman

End game raids got a little silly on time required, so been WoW free for about 6 months.

But on the other hand they are dumbing down a LOT of content.

PVP Gear from Arena fights is on par or slightly better in some cases based on your play style, and Arena requires the least investment of time. That is unless you are going for the Upper ranks.

Off topic ......Shadowbane is a free to play MMO that is all PVP including ganking guildies, party mates etc. Caveat is its an OLD game now by MMO standards.

PS Alliance sux :D

WoW = Waiting on Warhammer :lol:

13. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

I played Shadowbane once and in all honestly I couldn't stand it. It was a huge let down, because I really wanted to play a Minotaur :(

And yes, I can't wait for Warhammer :D

14. Jungle Japes

I played it a little, but never finished the main story. So hopefully the fanmade stuff was higher quality than the rubbish in the campaign.

15. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

The NWN campaign was pretty awesome in my opinion...

16. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    The NWN OC was quite OK, but Shadows of Undrentide was ways better.

17. GrimmHatter

GrimmHatter Active Member

Never played it (WoW) and never will. MMO's suck ass.

NWN, however, is a good play. I enjoy a good hack-n-slash here and there but with a game like NWN, the actual role playing and character interaction is more enjoyable. Problem is, NWN's OC doesn't offer that much of it. The two later expansions, though, did to the point of intimidating or bluffing NPCs and and extra exp for following your alignment and such. The official modules were pretty good too though with dedication required to finish. But the OC, as I saw it, was more of a D&D primer for noobs.

Anyway, Guild Wars was the only decent MMORPG. It was free to play and the skill collecting was kind of fun, and you could get as much enjoyment from it if were casual or hardcore, but it too eventually got too repetative and boring pretty fast.

Ironically, one of the main things that drives me away from MMO(RPG)s is the very premise they're based on: playing online with other people. People in general piss me off for know reason. Why would I want to pay a monthly fee to put up with their bullshit during my spare time?

18. Grossenschwamm

The first MMO I ever played was Diablo 2. Yes, I played Diablo as well...but not until after I played the sequel. I stopped playing when I met the player hackers. Nothing pissed me off more in a videogame than being killed by that flaming-headed cock-ass and robbed blind. I was level 54!!

19. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Some of the fan made content is absolutely amazing. It's never as long as the OC, but it's absolutely wonderfully made. Also, I like the "feel" of NWN better than NWN2, if you will. If you still own it, re-install it, and go hit up nwvault.ign.com and pick up some of their top-rated modules for the game. The Fan-made stuff is why I play NWN. In all honesty, I think I only ever did the first quest in the OC before getting bored, lol.

20. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

Diablo and Diablo II aren't MMOs, man. MMO is a game that's online only.

Our Host!