World Cup 2010

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mesteut, Jun 18, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
  2. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't watch soccer but I felt good inside when I saw Germany beat Argentina last night.

3. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Spain vs Netherlands would be a bit more historically fitting but I am sure a Germany final will be great. Though I think Germany will win I will back the Dutch.

4. Silvara

Silvara New Member

So will you all be sad if we do actually manage to beat the Dutch? :p

5. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

6. Dark Elf

Media:
    No, we would use it as an opportunity to flame Arthgon and flirt with you. What do you take us for, fools?

7. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

Your use of the words 'would' and 'be' indicate to me that you're not really paying attention to the World Cup at all.

8. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

Well, tomorrow there will be the semi-finals with the Dutch National team against Uruguay. I do hope we shall win, and be in the finals against Germany (Deutchland, alles ist vorbei.), and have revenge for losing the WK finals in 1974.

Silvara: Welcome back!!! How's things in Uruguay? Your national team is doing good as well.

9. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Uruguay, you say? Well now, I didn't know we had any chicas latinas around here.

10. Arthgon

Yes, we truly have some latinas here. That's because Silvara comes out Uruguay, and if I remember correctly Bunny is from Argentina.

11. Mesteut

Mesteut New Member

Well, screw this. I prepared some bunch of words to say to the assistant referees and the time-passing Dutch players, but I guess that doesn't change anything. Netherlands to the final.

Too bad both Germany and Spain roll them at ease.

12. Arthgon

The last minutes was very nerve-racking, because that stupid referee took his own time to blow the end whistle, while it was already over. I must say that uruguay was a worthy opponent. Also, everything can happen at a WK finals. Perhaps we shall win, at the last minutes against Germany. We shall see.

13. Mesteut

Mesteut New Member

He took his time because Van Bommel (?) was busy lying on the ground after a position he himself hit a Uruguayan player. The referee is to be commended to not buying cheap tricks and giving Uruguay the chance they deserve.

Especially considering the second Netherlands goal was offside. The guy blocked the goalkeeper's vision of the ball, thus the position should not have been considered a passive offside. And several perfectly legitimate Uruguay attacks were cut as offsides too.

P.S. Still, as I said, the score is 3-2 at the end. Just do not complain about the referee. The game decisions generally favored Holland.

P.P.S. What makes you think Germany will reach finals? Last time I checked, Spain has defeated Germany in the recent past, and is perfectly capable of doing so again. Not to mention, a Spain vs. Netherlands final would be the final of eternal underachievers, and at least one of you (Spain) would return home with the cup.

14. Arthgon

You are right about the referee, it was indeed most of the time in favor of the Dutch national team. Why I think that Germany comes in the finals? (I don't mind we have to go against Spain) That's because I have a feeling that this will happen. Also, like I said we will have finally revenge for losing the WK finals in 1974.

15. Mesteut

Mesteut New Member

Or get defeated and relive the trauma. Should be fun. Rooting for Germans tomorrow. Yay! =p

16. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

Psychic Octopus has spoken.

Spain shall be victorious.

17. Dark Elf

Media:
  18. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

If Germany play like the have been they will storm through to the final and win. However the octopus bets against them, big call by the octopus because if he is wrong I bet ze Germans have a pot waiting. Spain are a good team though, they have just been underperforming and playing against terrible teams. What really gets me is if Australia wasn't the victim of poor officials this world cup, we would of been where Ghana was, and we would of beaten Uruguay and the Dutch meaning we would of been in the final. How exciting that would of been.

19. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

Haha, Aussies beating Uruguay and Netherlands, that's funny. So funny, that it even managed to come first in this post instead of

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIN SPAIN WINS SPAIN WINS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL SPAIN WINS SPAIN WINS SPAIN IS THE WINNER YEAH SPAIN IS IN THE FINALS SPAIN SPAIN SPAIN GO SPAIN GO SPAIN GO SPAIN YOU THE MEN SPAIN YOU THE MEN WHO MAKE UP THE SOCCER TEAM WHICH BEAT GERMANY BECAUSE SPAIN WOOOOOOOON

20. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Australia has beaten both teams the last two times they ever faced. Oh well hopefully the Dutch beat the greasy Spainish.

Our Host!