World Cup 2010

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mesteut, Jun 18, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

It does not look good for England, indeed. Oh well, they really thought that they would win it easy. Now even the US stands on the second place, and Slovenia on the first place in the poule.

2. Mesteut

Mesteut New Member

The U.S. is actually a formidable team. Certainly not winner material, but they will get out of the groups alright.

The Algeria game, meh. I got too bored so I stopped watching it. 0-0 tie, so I seem to have made a wise decision.

3. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

that's why I don't watch the games. I can't understand how a sport can be allowed to end in a tie. Sounds like a sport for 5 yr olds. "We're all winners kids! That's why it was a tie!"

How the hell can you determine who advances if there are no winners?

4. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

5. Jazintha Piper

Jazintha Piper Member

It's not a round robin, but a tournament, isn't it?

Vuvuzelas: they've ruined it! I saw a plastic trombone in a two-dollar shop and got it for my music teaching - and now they have to ruin it!! Argh!!

6. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Only reason they haven't banned them is because the Africans are playing the race card.

7. Mesteut

Mesteut New Member

What Grakelin said.

Winners get 3 pts, a tie gets 1 pts. If you get ties with everyone in your group, it is only worth as a single victory. It is just to provide something that is slightly more valueable than losing.

Look at it this way - you now have the perfect tool to annoy anyone you so much hate in your lfie.

8. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Mete has quite a point there. Which reminds me:
    http://www.terra-arcanum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=225780#225780

9. FrostyMixi

FrostyMixi Member

It seems like vuvuzelas' annoying voice is quieter than it was before. But i'm not surprised really, because one of the commentators said they have found a way to silence it.

On a side note: Try this

10. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Looks like Australia is out thanks to some bad reffing once again. I am shocked just how much influence the refs have on this year's world cup. What also annoys me is how Ghana are going to be the top team in our pool simply from scoring two goals, both of which were penalties.

11. Arthgon

Yes. They finally turned the sound of the background lower, so that means that the annoying tooters are not dominate anymore. The latest news is that the Dutch national team has won from Japan with 1-0.

12. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7B2LPxggvqY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7B2LPxggvqY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

13. light-servant

light-servant New Member

I watched Brasil vs Côte d'Ivoire yesterday... That was some shitty judging.

14. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

"You get a red card for not getting out of the way as this guy zooms into you. Learn 2 play fair, plz"

15. Arthgon

It was shitty alright. I also heard that Italy and New Zealand became a tie. (1-1) That was a real surprise, because everyone thought that Italy would won this easy.

16. Mesteut

Mesteut New Member

I rooted for Italy. A shame.

A shame Harry Kewell got a red card too, he was a quality player to watch in Turkey.

Abdel Kader Keita, Kewell's teammate in Galatasaray, is a total dick and deserves to be shot repeatedly. The guy punched our ROBERTO CARLOS in their game with Fenerbahçe (which they lost 3-1).

Oh, and Muro, that is the most epic site "ever".

17. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    I wouldn't have bothered much even if Sweden had made it in. The days are long gone since we secured the bronze medal.

18. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Or the silver, for that matter. Why doesn't anybody seem to know? We once made it to second place, beaten in the final by (who else?) Brasil.

19. Arthgon

How do the Norwegians and Swedes actually feel that the Danes lost from the Dutch, and won from Cameroon? Well, Portugal won from North Korea with 7-0.

20. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    We were at war with the Danes for centuries, they deserve what's coming for them.

Our Host!