World Cup 2010

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mesteut, Jun 18, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Mesteut

Mesteut New Member

I can't believe this still hasn't received its own topic.

Anyone here watch the games? I'm rooting for Italy and Uruguay because Turkey got eliminated. I can also go down the neighbourhood to play football too, so it's football season for me now.

P.S. You Scandinavians happy that Danes got defeated by the Netherlands or sad? Don't know if you like or hate each other.
    P.P.S. I hate vuvuzelas.

2. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

I thought about creating a topic for it but then figured I watch most of the games and talk about it all day so it was becoming overkill. Rooting for Australia even though it looks like we'll be out. Still to be smashed by Germany isn't such a bad thing, if they play like they did for their other game the cup is as good as theirs.

I have to say the Danish did well considering they were pastry and all.

3. Mesteut

Mesteut New Member

Meh - Germany goes to overkill in any game they can. I still remember the 13-0 San Marino game.

I wonder, is Harry Kewell still injured though? Watching him in Galatasaray, I have to say he looked to be more talented than the rest of the team. I know that if he doesn't play, he won't be in Galatasaray next year, so ı'm divided on if it's a good thing of him to play or not.

4. FrostyMixi

FrostyMixi Member

Yesterdays' Argentina vs South-Korea game was epic!

As for me, i support both Korea teams.

5. Mesteut

Mesteut New Member

Argentina played South Korea. Brazil played North Korea.

Both played nicely, though I didn't expect Korea to push Brazil this hard. South Korea's defenses couldn't hold Argentina/Higuain for long though.

6. FrostyMixi

FrostyMixi Member

They still did nice. Specially last minute goal before the break. And when the score was 3-1, Argentina leading, they still played with much dedication, not letting the game to die. This game gave me a nice adrenaline boost.

7. Mesteut

Mesteut New Member

Not to mention, the game was one of the few that didn't end up being a closed-defense fest. They play quality offensive football alright.

Seeing that their competitors in the group are Nigeria and Greece, S.K. and Argentina should make out of the group easily.

8. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Waiting for Kewel to be cleared though its Harry Kewel, if he wants to play he will play. With Cahill out for the Ghana game it is probably in Kewel's best interest not to play as there would be too much pressure on him.

9. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

It's better that Australia lost against Germany than Slovenia. Yet, I feel that Australia for us a suprise in store. Yes, as a supporter of the Dutch national team, I am happy with the victory over the Danes. (Always a nasty opponent.), but it was not so good game than I expected. Tommorow they have to play against Japan. Which countries I support? Netherlands, Argentinia, Mexico, US, Australia, and South Korea.

Latest news: France, a former WK champion is beaten and are going home.

10. Transparent Painting

Transparent Painting Well-Known Member

Danskdjävlar!

Regarding Venezuelans: I think pity is a better feeling.

11. Arthgon

Don't want to nickpick, but vuvuzelas are those annoying traditional toots, who sound like a bunch of angry bees. (it also cause deafness.)

12. Transparent Painting

Ah? I though he simply spelled Venezuelans wrong. I guess I just send some unnecessary sympathy to South America in that case.

13. Mesteut

Mesteut New Member

I thought you were just joking when you took vuvuzelas for Venezuelans. =o

14. Transparent Painting

No, I wasn't. I have never seen that word before. Might be because I only look at E-sports on my free time. Oddly enough, they never use vuvuzelas on E-sport events.

15. Mesteut

Mesteut New Member

Vuvuzela is exclusive to African football events for now... Although a friend from South Africa (an Afrikaan) told me that the black people there started playing it in the rugby matches too.

It all started with last year's Confederation Cup. They should've banned the thing already. I think I may start to develop a hive mind watching the games now.

16. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

17. Arthgon

The latest news of the WK is that Germany lost from Servia with 0-1. In the 38 min. Klose got two yellow cards.

18. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

The only part of the world cup I saw was Nigeria vs Germany. Scoreboard said NIGGER. I laughed.

[​IMG]

19. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

On CBC, they abbreviate it as 'NGA'. But every time I read off the abbreviates in full country form I say shit like

Others: Who's playing?:
    Myself: Greece vs. Niggas.

My favourite part of the French vs. Mexico match was when the entire French team stopped playing, and the Mexican just diddled around with the ball for a bit before shooting into an empty net.

Also, Argentina is going to win, because they're the bestest ever!

Technically, I support the Barcelonan team, but until the Catalans win the Spanish Civil War, I will have to settle for Argentina.

20. FrostyMixi

FrostyMixi Member

England vs. Algeria game, that just ended, was kind of a dissapointment. I expected more from both teams. This game was boring in my opinion.

Our Host!