Woohoo! I'm a pot!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DarkUnderlord, Aug 23, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

Does DU deserve a custom avatar?

1. Yes, because the rules say you are allowed one after 1000 posts.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes, I think you deserve one.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No, you don't deserve one after complaining about so many things so often.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No, it would be an insult to Saint_Proverbius.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. No, I dont like you. I HOPE YOU DIE!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Yes, I've reached that stage of time where my useless whiney, insulting spamming has made me reach 1000 posts without being banned (which is somewhat of a miracle really). I am now a pot. So, you may well be asking (tzehoong is anyway), am I going to go for the custom avatar?

Well, I honestly don't know. I think my insults, bitching and arrogant attitude have insulted almost everyone on this forum. To the extent that I'd consider I don't deserve one. Certainly, when it comes to the Arcnaum community I have done many things that have helped out. Well, only one thing, but that's a really big tutorial, so I'll count it as many.

Also, some believe it might be an insult to Saint_Proverbius, the man who made all these avatars for 1000+ if I were to snub those avatars. Avatars such as the wonderful pot which I now find my presence graced with.

So, I ask the question, should I get a custom avatar? Yes or no? Do I deserve a custom avatar considering all the trouble I've been?

If I do get a custom avatar, it will be the cow:
    [​IMG]

So, yes or no?

2. Milo

Milo New Member

Yes.

You gotta go for the cow. It defines you. Besides, that bottle avatar sucks.

3. DarkUnderlord

I like the fact that so far, you're the only who's replied, yet the option "No, I dont like you. I HOPE YOU DIE!!" has one vote and none of the others do... I knew adding in that option was a bad idea.

4. Milo

Milo New Member

That wasn't me, I swear. I didn't even know this was a poll, so I didn't vote. It was probably Sheriff Fatman.

I'll prove it. I'll vote for something else. You'll see. Can't vote twice, now can we?

5. DarkUnderlord

I thought you could. You just have to empty your cookie jar or register another account.

Another thing I did think of was that the cow might become too much. It'd mean I'd have it in my signature as well. I suppose I could go for Otto.
    [​IMG]

6. Milo

Milo New Member

Why limit this thread to just a poll? It's your 1000 posts, so you get a custom av. That's that.

Let's throw the thread open to custom avatar submissions.

7. DarkUnderlord

Sounds fair. Okay then. What should be my custom avatar then? Any suggestions? The Cow? Otto? Or perhaps the nun?
    [​IMG]

8. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Well, DU, to be honest, you've never really offended me. Also, the rules don't say anywhere when you can get a custom avatar. It's just generally accepted that you can ask for one after you reach 1000, but it's no guarantee. Of course, everyone who has more than 1000 has one, with the exception of you, BUT IT'S NO GUARANTEE!

Yeah, I wouldn't go for the cow either. Nor Otto...he doesn't seem to suit your personality, as it were.

9. tzehoong

tzehoong New Member

So can anyone explain to lil' ol me the connection between DU and the bottle of S?

10. DarkUnderlord

I can change that if you want. :D

Kind of why I asked actually... Although Milo says otherwise.

What? Prince Otto Edward Leopold von Bismarck doesn't suit my personality?

I need to save my soul! Damnation! No donation, no salvation!

11. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

That's the avatar for that level. Of course, it used to be the clockwork medic, and the bottle of salvation came at around 1250+ posts or so. Something like that. I almost got the magick flying blade, but then I got my custom avatar, so it was all good.

12. DarkUnderlord

I think tzehoong is referring to the "salvation" part.

13. Milo

Milo New Member

I could've sworn the old FAQ said that at 1000 posts you can choose your own avatar. OR, if an admin wished, you could have one sooner.

14. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

Hey! I hope that was a joke, or I'm gonna get a little offended. I'd not do something so malicious and underhanded. I had actually not planned to vote at all, since we all agreed back when DU kicked up a fuss that it was Jinxed's decision.

Personally, I'd like to see DU get a custom avatar. He's a regular and contributes a lot. So what if he disagrees with me?

15. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

To tell the truth your bitching about "Rosie got a custom avatar below 1k, I want one too" was indeed annoying. On the other hand though I have to admit that I don't notice much of spam work on your behalf - it's just around everyone's average. All in all I think you should get your custom avatar if only to make you stop whining about it ;)

As for what to choose I say go with the cow and change your sig. Personally I really like bottle avatar and I'm wondering myself whether to ask for a custom avatar straight away after I hit 1k or perhaps it's better to wait till I hit that stupid flying blade.

The effort that Saint put in making those high level avatars, which are now mostly unused is yet another question. And an important one which finally should be solved. IMO when one hits 1k he/she should gain a possibility to choose from among board's avatars (excluding banned avatar) in profile all by him/herself. My opinion is such because for one Saint did design really good avatars plus I know that people do like some of our default avatars which they loose once they reach higher rank (I for one like hammer, expert mace, and 36shot rifle which I won't have because it's only available at a very high post count plus there are avatars I don't like along the way). So we have a user with a possibility to choose a default avatar to her/his liking and then there's Jinxed who can assign a custom avatar to people who deserve it. IMO when someone posts a lot, and doesn't get banned he should not get a custom avatar already after some 2-3months presence.

PS. Just to make things clear I didn't vote last option either. I didn't vote at all. (so far)

16. DarkUnderlord

It's a pity all of that got lost in the server change. Damn we lost some good threads then. :cry:

Stop whining about it? Oh no. No, no, no, no, no, no, no. Once I get my custom avatar I'm going to shove it in your face "Non custom avatar boy". HA! Then we'll see how you like it bitch! MUAHAHAHAHAHH!!!

I'm going to run around the forum saying "Hey, nice post count. Do YOU have a custom avatar? What? What's that? No? No you don't? No you DON'T have a custom avatar? HA!! HA!!! YOU SUCK! You're pathetic! Behold my cow INFIDEL!! AHAHAHHHAHAH!!!!"

The first thing I'm going to do is to create a poll to say how great my custom avatar is and how much better it is then everyone elses. Then I'll rub it in all your faces by changing my signature to:
    "I have a custom avatar and YOU don't. HAHA!!!"

In big letter like this:

And bold and italics even. Like this:

Then we'll see what you say about me getting a custom avatar after I've done all that, huh?

I really miss the FAQ. It had all those avatars, nicely explained.

Yeah okay, it was Milo. I know it was Milo. He told me. He said "I may and/or may not have voted for that last option in the poll which you may and/or may not have created that may and/or may not have been about custom avatars."¹ or something to that effect. Then to pretend that he didn't, he voted in the poll under another account of his.

¹This may and/or may not have happened. And I may and/or may not be completely making it up. If I am making it up, it may and/or may not be because of that person who may and/or may not be a self-confessed dirty, underhanded sneak who may and/or may not go by the name of Sheriff Fatman who may and/or may not have forced me to say this.

NOTE: This post may and/or may not be a figment of your imagination.

17. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

friend_al_23 is the only guy to have had every single avatar...if it wasn't for the two server changes, I'd have more posts than him by now, but as it is, I've only got 240 odd to go :). Then I'll have an even 3300, woohoo!

As for choosing one of the regular avatars to be your own, well, everyone's going to want the flying blade...it was pretty damn cool.

18. tzehoong

tzehoong New Member

I've never seen it! And it's not in the FAQ. Where might I find it? To tell you the truth I've always thought there were no avatars for 1000+ post counts. I've never seen the Salvation Bottle, so I initially thought that it was DU's custom avatar :lol:

Is it supposed to represent the potions of healing?

Dragoon, the first time I saw your new Marvel avatar I thought you were DU! I've always associated you with the Clockwork M.

19. Kozmo_Naut

Kozmo_Naut New Member

Sounds to me as a very reasonable thing

20. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Thanks, we would have to cinvince Calis to do it though as it would require forum editing. I think I'll start a new topic named accordingly to subject taking some of the answers people gave here to make sure more people (esp. new and relatively new users) get an insight and state their opinion.

Our Host!