Wolsung - Pen & Paper "Steampulp" Game System

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheDavisChanger, Aug 16, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

About a year ago, I mentioned a steampunk board game that I thought looked cool. Wolsung was pitched as an entire game world, but the only instance of the world I could find was within the board game. A recent playing of the game inspired me to investigate if Wolsung was actually expanding or if it was only an intriguing idea that had died. To my surprise, Wolsung is actually expanding!

To be complete, Wolsung probably hasn't expanded much, but it is finally accessible to people who read almost exclusively English, such as myself.

Not only is the game world intriguing, but the game system strikes me as a refreshing departure from the popular D20 system. The inclusion of a standard deck of cards seems like it might invite less hardcore gamers to try playing Wolsung and the dice pools are reminiscent of Shadowrun. Furthermore, it seems much less involved than other popular systems, such as Pathfinder. Honestly, the grand scale and involvement of Dungeons & Dragons and Pathfinder daunts me from playing either and the lighter approach of Wolsung seems like it might be manageable enough to enjoy.

Our Host!