With What Marvel Comics Hero (or DC) do you Most Identify?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Grossenschwamm, Aug 1, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

Well that comment deserves a slap across the face.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

3. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Did you just call Vyenna a lad?
    Onslaught is (for the less priveledged among us) the amalgamation of Charles Xavier's dark side and the psyche of Magneto. All of this happened because, Xavier used his telepathic powers to shut down Magneto's mind, rendering him catatonic. During the psionic contact, Magneto's anger, grief and lust for vengeance entered Xavier's consciousness; mingling with every long-suppressed negative feeling Xavier had endured during the last 30 years. This aggregation resulted in the being known as Onslaught.
    This being was born in the astral plane, but then gained control of The Professor's body, taking on a physical form. He was the most powerful mutant to ever exist. Jean is a close second, but only in her Phoenix persona.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ehh , no i didn't it just your big imagination that trick your eyes , and ok sounds fair enough.

5. Grossenschwamm

Yes, well it still stands that you edited your original post, so...
    Anyway, i'm glad that now you see the light.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What , i can't see anything that types that i have edited my post?. I'm at your service.

7. Maximus

Maximus New Member

Magneto kicks ass within the Xmen universe.
    Then of course there's Dr. Doom, who's the baddest mofo around! (but thats a different series)

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

9. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

10. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

Batman. But meh, I don't know too much about comics.

11. Transparent Painting

Transparent Painting Well-Known Member

I guess I don't read Marvel so often and therefor can't figure out who my favourite character is and I always had problems comparing myself with superheros since I'm not so special. If I really have choose a hero then I think I would choose the Punisher but I don't know why.

12. itachi988

itachi988 New Member

The Punisher is the man!!!!

I wpuld say that i identify myself with Spider-Man.

always trying the best but sometimes you just can´t reach to the stars you know.

13. Grossenschwamm

Well, there WAS that time when Spiderman absorbed all of Captain Universe's powers and was nearly invulnerable to everything. He eventually gave it up because it wasn't him, and he just didn't feel right having all that power. Something about what his uncle had said to him.
    I mean, he's pretty tough right now; He can bench press ten tons, he has super-human reflexes, a "spidey-sense", and he's smart enough to have developed his own "webs" that disintegrate after a day or so. Also, he's able to stick to walls and ceilings due to his being bitten by a radioactive spider.
    With all of that, he's really only capable of protecting a city in which he happens to be.
    With the Captain Universe powers, he was capable of protecting the entire planet. However, due to his life experiences, his mind was only able to wrap around what he knew to be possible while he was but a "mere mortal", and therefore he couldn't fully control his powers due to his inability to comprehend them.

14. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

Plus, Cable would kick his arse! :lol:

15. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Well Spider-Man is pretty dman powerful right now, considering that Iron Man just gave him that new suit.

16. itachi988

itachi988 New Member

Yes, Cable is awsome and he would eventually kick spideys ass.

He is, after all, one if not THE strongest Telekinetic/Telepathic guy in the world.

Plus, he do have his psimitar

17. Grossenschwamm

Tony Stark is a silly, silly bitch. That honestly ruined Spiderman for me.

18. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

People said the same thing when he first wore the black suit, now those same people salivate at the mention of it.

I'm more of a DC fan myself, the only Spider-Man book I even occasionaly read is New Avengers, because I like the Sentry.

In fact, thats my vote, the Marvel hero I would most like to be is the Sentry.

19. Grossenschwamm

When Spiderman had the symbiote, I thought he was bad-ass. However, I remember one instance in which the Rhino begged for his life at the hands of Spiderman. Apparently, Spidey went crazy and totally overpowered Rhino, and NEARLY killed him. But, since he's such a good guy, he shunned the symbiote and it found a new home on Eddie Brock.
    Basically, I like the even tempered Spidey much more than I like a Spidey who will snap your neck like a toothpick.
    The Sentry is definitely a top choice.
    To be honest, I had a toss-up of sorts between him, Wolverine, and The Gladiator. I decided on Wolverine because he's more down to earth than the other two, especially since The Gladiator is an alien.
    By the way, good luck finding a coin with 3 useable sides.

Our Host!