Witching Hour

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Faronii, Jun 29, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Faronii

Faronii New Member

He trudged down the lonely path aimlessly. His legs ached from walking for the past three hours, but it concerned him little. His dark green, velvet robe fitted tightly around him, the hem dusting the road. A silver chain hung loosely around his waist and a silver pendant hung around his neck. A Pentacle. The sign of the Wicca. A dark wollen clock hung over his shoulders and pouch, slung to one side, contained his meager travelling objects. Several small viles containing different salves and ointments. His Book of Shadows, containing all his Lore and knowledge of the Wiccan ways, a bag of money and a single ornate dagger.

Brown hair cascaded down over his shoulders, encompassing a pair of other worldly, bright green eyes. He had a lithe but well toned build.

Dusk was setting in as the sun dipped low over the western horizon. He had best set up a small camp and did so next to a small gathering of trees. Collecting broken wood and sticks, he piled them up and set stones around them. Once done and knelling down beside it, he passed a hand over the pile of sticks and whispered. "Bring fire and heat, light and warmth, Goddess Mother i love no other.", blowing on the wood, a gout of flame sprang up and soon a blazing fire began to roar quietly. Satisfied he prepared his next enchantment. Taking the dagger from the pouch, he cut deep into his hand, enough to let blood flow freely. Circling the small camp, he drew a circle of blood. Finishing, he knelt down and bandaged his hand tightly. Thrusting the dagger into the ground, he chanted,

By sacred flesh
    By hallow bone
    I ask you bless
    This humble stom.

Goddess Earth, Patron Mother,
    Shield your child with loving cover.

A small gust whipped his hair, the warding spell worked. A barrier rose up from the cirle of blood, inviable but solid. Ryan stood up and ran a hand over it, ripples formed where he did. It would hold this night. So he sat back down and starred into the fire.

2. Notharah

Notharah New Member

[ooc] do you want this to be a role-playing thread??? if so, you might give a go on the story-line if you want other people to join in on the fun... just a friendly advice [/ooc]

3. Faronii

Faronii New Member

OOC: It is in the roleplaying forum. But thanks, i'llpost something concering the plot tomorrow when i have time.

4. legolas

legolas New Member

(ooc) is that like an actual witchcraft chant ? or do you just read a lot of fantasy novels/movies, cause real witchcraft is evil, and the wicca is a real colt, wich is evil (ooc/)

5. Faronii

Faronii New Member

OOC: Actually....Wicca isn't evil....and not soo much a cult as it is a religion......a friend of mine is Wicca and i have learned alot from her. Witch craft has been manipulated over the centuries and people believe it is evil, when it isn't.....such is derived from the Wiccan religion.....and yes it is an actual spell.....

6. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Witchcraft is simply the method of spell casting.

Sorcery is the ability to use 'magic' through the power of the mind alone. The stronger the mind, the more powerful the magic.

Wizardry is the ability to use magic through incantations and a foci (eg. wand) and/or objects of mystic value (ie. runes/scrolls). The caster of wizardry also has to have an innate magical ability, although the power of the objects/foci also effect the spells.

Witchcraft is the ability to cast magic through the coersion of spirits using any means, whether it's incantations, or reagents (or both) or foci or mystic objects. The caster of Witchcraft does not have to have any innate ability for magic.

7. DwarvenWarrior

DwarvenWarrior New Member

[OCC]What about Potions or is that considerd Alcamy[/OOC]

8. Ferret

Ferret New Member

I don't know actually - I didn't come across a potions definition. I'd imagine though that it comes under wizardry (it's not really a reagent, but a magically imbued object).

9. Maniac

Maniac New Member

10. xento

xento New Member

[occ] Ya, the use of potions is alchemy. It was the first form of chemestry from the middle age. Alchemists belived that there were 4 elements: fire, water, earth, and air. They belived that the correct order of these elements at the right time could make anything. Many alchemists tried to make gold from lead, but couldnt. They also tried making the potion for eternal life, but it would poison instead of heal.

Hey, does your friend in witchcraft use yogi (maybe that is spelled wrong... bit is sounds like wee-gee) boards and terret cards as well? I hope that you two know what u r dealing with. I read this story of how a girl found a yogi board and summoned demons with it accidently. They almost killed her little brother! You can find lots of storys about terrible things surrounding jogi boards if you look.

11. DwarvenWarrior

DwarvenWarrior New Member

12. xento

xento New Member

I prefer my trusty Testla Rod and Charged Sword.

13. Destroyer of Souls

Destroyer of Souls New Member

I'm alive!!! I'm Alive!!!! I'M ALIVE!!!!!!! Oh wait, I always was. Sorry. Anyway, I'm back and your all crazy. Just wanted to make sure you knew that little fact, but about the boards, I think the thing you said was true because as a child my mother would never let me touch one. She said it was evil and something about Satan controlling the board, and my blade launcher will put you all to shame. HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

14. xento

xento New Member

15. Kinnicus

Kinnicus New Member

er, yeah, this thread has gone out of charecter pretty muc hthe whole thing.....

-Steve

16. Notharah

Notharah New Member

[ooc]alright guys... stop spamming in the roleplaying forum... the thing can't go on if Faronii doesn't show up... so just let it go untill then[/ooc]

Our Host!