Who would you prefer?

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by Zanza, Jun 12, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Lets say the rights of Arcanum got bought by a company and they decided to make a sequel, which company would you like to develop it? Personally I like what Bethesda did with Oblivion and Fallout 3. So my choice would go to them.

2. JustaFishInaJar

JustaFishInaJar New Member

All right boys. DE grab the torches. I'll get the rope. Looks like were gonna have us a good ol' lynching.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is this a troll thread?

4. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Why would I troll a forum I actually like. The idea was to engage in some past example of sequels being developed by different companies and whether or not they worked out well. Personally I liked what they did with fallout and think they could a similar job on Arcanum if they were given the opportunity.

5. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

Bethesda did do a good job on Fallout 3. It's just that it had way too many bugs and shit. I'd be happy if they did something similar with Arcanum.

6. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    While Fallout 3 wasn't quite the crapfest I thought it would be, I had to force myself to actually finish the damn thing and it left me with no desire whatsoever to replay it. And you know something is majorly fucked up when a franchise which prides itself with its excellent replayability receives that kind of treatment.

Let's face it. Bethesda quit making good games after Morrowind. Oblivion is a crappy adventure game with insane amounts of bloom and Fallout 3 is to Fallout what Zimbabwe is to every nation in the world.

I suppose it would be cheating to suggest Blizzard as the developer of an imaginary Arcanum sequel seeing as they've got Leonard on board, but they're about the only developer I would trust with such a thing.

*Produces feathers, tar and pitchforks*

Let's have us some fun boys!

7. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Blizzard maybe? They have made some very fun games, and the original release of WoW just proves that they can put out the obscene amounts of content required to make a decent sequel.

Ideally I'd 'get the band back together' for either Troika or Black Isle, though. Those guys make damn fine RPGs.

8. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

I don't have the computer power to run Fallout 3, and while it may be an interresting game, I just hate how many kinder fanboys appeared out of nowhere, making F3 so popular that I already puke with it, while they didn't even touch the first two games (ah, lame graphics, ah!). Moonspeak bastards. I prefered when Fallout was a classic game, with a smaller fandom yet with greater taste. That's why I'm quite happy with Arcanum being a non-sequel game as it is.

9. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

I agree, it pisses me off when they think Fallout 3 is the best game ever without even trying Fallout. It bothers me even more when one says they didn't like it.

10. JustaFishInaJar

JustaFishInaJar New Member

It's a good thing Fallout 1 and 2 were bug free.:roll: I think Micro Forté and 14 Degrees East did good when they took the Fallout name and made Fallout Tactics. Although not true to the originals I enjoyed it. Then came the Xbox's Fallout version and darkness once again claimed the land.

11. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

Absolutely true, perhaps Troika and Black Isle can even team up, and make this game.

12. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Same thought here. It has it's own atmosphere and while it's definitely not a third Fallout, as long as you don't expect it to be so, it's a nice game to play. I finished the game again not-that-long-ago because I actually missed it. So yeah, I'm much more happy that the game exists than if it would never have been released.

13. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

I'm in the mood for a light-weight Arcanum sequel. I feel that Backbone did a good job bringing Age of Empires to the DS and wonder what they would do with Arcanum.

14. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

Okay, Fallout 3 has crashed on me/acted up/had issues over 30 times today alone. I fucking take it back.

15. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Oh... oh wow... I think I just had a fangasm.

16. papa_dog_1999

papa_dog_1999 Well-Known Member

Media:
    How about Microsoft so they can make a build exclusively for the 360?
    Seriously though, outside of the casting my bundle of hope into the Troika/Black Isle pipe dream, I'd have to go with Blizzard.
    Which is now part of Activision which absorbed Vivendi which absorbed Sierra which etc, etc.

17. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

I think Blizzard would actually be not only a realistic choice but a fell supported one too. I know there are those who complain about wow being sold out etc etc, bu you have to hand it to Blizzard, they know how to make a good game. Diablo being a prime example.

Also the benefit of Blizzard is they refuse to release a game that is half finished, so you know that they will spend years on the game to make it right, even if people whinge about it.

18. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

If it's people who take their time we're looking for, we could just give it to 3D Realms. :roll:

19. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

*smacks Yuki upside the head* No longer funny.

20. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

I actually think that one was pretty funny.
    It was even funnier for me, since I saw Yuki's post, then thought "Nah, I'm gonna suggest the crew that was making Duke Nukem Forever". Googling in progress, :click-clickity-click: ...oh.

Our Host!