Who wants to give Icairus a Custom

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Icairus, Apr 19, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Icairus

Icairus New Member

Because my pathetic attempt at making that favicon actually turned out to be the best one, I have been offered a custom avatar and such things. I do want to have such things, but I really am not entirely sure what they should be. Therefore, I am making a thread in which anyone with an opinion can voice their suggestions.
    I will, of course, completely ignore these suggestions and try to get sonething entirely different, while DU will choose the most offensive one of these suggestions and make it what I wind up with.

2. xento

xento New Member

These are some of the images that come up if you put "icarus" into the google image search (these images can be scaled down, of course.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

I say we just give him an avatar thats just a picture of that guys crotch, with "Icairus" written on it in white.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I say we give him his "I am a MORON" avatar/rank back. That one fit him. :lol:

5. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

6. Quethim

Quethim New Member

I say don't give him an avatar. Being there is a certain amount of posts you need for one....

7. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

8. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    I'll try hunting for an avatar that fits... and try to concoct a decent title to go with it. I think it's a fair prize for coming up with the icon. :)

That being said... Canis, Solaris and myself have all turned eligible for the same thing, and with none of us having any special reasons for being left without one (like in Sleeks case), can't you guys search on our behalf as well?

Or... can we come up with our own? I'm not 100% sure how those things have been handled in the past... you guys with custom avatars, did the other regulars pick for you or did you get the freedom to choose?

9. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

Whats my case? Why am I mentioned? What did I do this time?

10. xento

xento New Member

When I reached 1000 posts, everyone hated me too much to allow me to have a custom avatar. Ditto when I reached 2000.

Oh, well. Maybe when I reach 3000....

11. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Sleek, I remember that Jarinor once told you that you would have to wait quite a while for your custom avatar due to your spammacious past. You know, those days when you and Chalupa were on the run. That was quite a hefty surge in spamming.

12. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

all the old regulars got ours at the same time... mostly due to the fact that milo was having fun creating weird crap. that was back when vlad made cool shit, too... i know why i qualified early, at 700 posts, but it's none of your damn business :D

13. xento

xento New Member

She must have given Calis a handjob.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, she flashed Jinxed on webcam. *looks around* Quethim said it, not me!

15. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

We didn't all get them at the same time. Like somebody mentioned, we all had to wait till we reached 1000 posts. Jar, Sheriff Fatman, and Milo were about the first with custom avs, I believe. Then rosie got hers. God, that was excruciating, waiting till I got 1000 posts.

I don't really remember who found my av, but Jinxed started the thread, I think, and several people clipped pics, offered suggestions...

Who did find my pic, by the way? And who created my title? I think maybe Shadygrove created the title.... Sorry I've forgotten, and sorry I'm too lazy to search for it, but that damned search function is shit all crap.

16. Canis

Canis New Member

I think Darkwalker found the pic and came up with the title, but I could be mistaken.

17. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

I believe you are correctamundo, Canis. I thought Dark had a hand in it somewhere. The more I think on it, the more sure I am it was him.

I forgot to post this several weeks ago, but I found out that my custom av has a name. I don't have the article in front of me now, but he has some really hick name, like "Joe-Bob Billy "Cooter" Smith, Jr. The pic was taken at a Redneck Games in north Georgia. I saw the whole picture, enlarged, and "Joe-Bob" was a participant in the belly-flop event. I believe just to right of the picture, was another participant, shirtless, fat, and in mid-flop.

Little trivia for ya...

18. xento

xento New Member

I'll be sure to keep it safe down in the depths of my heart.

Icairus, don't YOU have anything that you would prefer for an avatar? Surely you have some ideas of your own.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

:) A custom avatar should be from the person's heart... or something related.

20. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

BUT, as per Jinxed, the forum members should largely agree that said custom av represents the member in some way.

Again, not a hard and fast rule, but a general guideline.

Our Host!