Which Mods/Haks to Use..

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by Pseudofool, Mar 29, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Pseudofool

Pseudofool New Member

I'm thinking about replaying Arcanum from the beginning and have played through a couple of times, but i'm looking for a new/enhanced experience using the mods/haks. I'm not very savvy with this kind of stuff, so I'm sorry if I'm breaching any house rules or just coming off like an idiot. But I was considering installing the following haks along with Arcanum: *Polished* Car Arcanum , Luchaire's Arcanum Magick System Revision, Arcanum Portrait Pack, No Level Cap / Level 127 Cap.

My questions are 1) Is this possible? 2) Is there anything else I should consider doing to enhance my Arcanum experience? Again, thanks ahead of time and [insert more appropriate euphemistic caveats here].

Pseudofool

2. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Putting all of those hacks into one game will crash it. Did that to me without fail, every time I loaded it. I'd say just stick with one or two at a time. Besides, putting them all together might make your game too easy, i.e. less fun.

3. Gen_Lee

Gen_Lee New Member

Im using the mod that adds 150 new portaits and Car Arcanum platinium with any pbl other then instaling 1st Car arcanum and then the portaits.

4. Grossenschwamm

I've tried the 150 portrait one, and I can't get it to work. How did you get it to run?

5. Teseng

Teseng New Member

Do you not just put all of the Portrait files into yourmoudle/portraits?
    I've did that, though i renamed my favorite ones for certain races etc.

6. Grossenschwamm

Yeah I tried that. Maybe I just made an extra folder and put them in there.
    Next time i feel like fudging aroundwith that crap, I'll just keep in mind what you said.

Our Host!