Where would you live in Arcanum

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by FourHorsemen, Aug 25, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. the_exorcist_2

the_exorcist_2 New Member

I prolly stay on the isle of despair it looks cozy and there's the pit that looks fun, and the best part is it's away from the city and everything else.

2. Bunny

Bunny New Member

So you'd trade Las Vegas for the Isle of Despair? That makes sense.

3. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

*points at her location entry*

Like it says. Preferably with either Virgil or Arronax. :lol: Arronax is too funny for words.

4. Mag the Bloody-handed

Mag the Bloody-handed New Member

I'd live in Dernholm after usurping the throne, bringing it into a technological age with negotiations all the while half-orc slaves work round the clock at the newly constructed Naval Shipyards and Factories in Blackroot, etc to create guns, ships, siege engines, etc.

I would then establish clandestine military fortifications at Hardin's Pass, Gateway to the Wastes and Gorgoth Pass preventing a land based invasion from Qintarra, Tsen Ang, Caladon and Tulla. I would issue a blockade against Tarants bay coupled with the severed landlines and a siege it would fall under Dernholm's control and all Gnomes and magic users throughout the empire would be lined up and shot in the streets if they were of no military value(necromancers would be the exception).

Once it had been subjugated focus would turn to the only remaining interior threat to supremacy, The Wheel Clan(who would have likely remained out of the conflicts of humans). Using the industrial power of Tarant and the blossoming grasp on knowledge within Dernholm itself a mechanized assault would begin bolstered by the arts of necromancy to overwhelm the dwarves.

Being a proud people, they would likely fail to give in to this new rulership and as such would be eradicated and human, etc professors would be brought in to copy their technology.

After a year or more of building up offensive strength once again, the industrialized empire would push forward into the Vendigroth Wastes using Automaton/Arachnid soldiers with Disruptor Shield armoring to do most of the first wave assaults against Tulla, while forcing them on the defensive the Vendigrothian Ruins would be seized and all technology absorbed.

Through seizing other more advanced technologies chemistry and explosives professors would devise a long range missle capable of aerial bombardment of Qintarra, Tsen Ang, and Caladon itself with focus placed on the downfall of the only remaining technological bastion in Arcanum .... Caladon where seized heavier than air craft and designs would be used in conjunction with explosive technology to perform bombing raids on the remaining seats of magical power.

Ultimately ending the age of magical and technological cohabitation in Arcanum.

5. Bunny

Bunny New Member

Arronax is alright as long as he doesn't speak. He's got a damned annoying voice.

6. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Or there are no orcs in Dernholm. So you can't have them make your shipyards.

7. Mag the Bloody-handed

Negotiations with Tarant would include purchasing slave labor, if that failed the Morbihan Plains certainly have enough orc bandits to capture.

I doubt it'd come to that though. Gnomes can be bought, it's just a matter of price. Which will be very high considering all my time spent spilling other peoples blood didn't leave room for haggling.

Honestly though, how would you successfully haggle with a capitalist gnome anyway? It's like trying to be shorter than a halfling, it'll cost you two legs.

8. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

I probably would not choose Quintarra cos I can imagine the following gruesome scenario:

"Getting durnk off me tree (no pun intended), taking a leak onto the guards at the base of the treeline. Stumbling around drunk, almost knocking Swyft over the side, getting frowned on my Fawn when asking her to 'heal the pain within', shouting abuse at the Silver lady and waking up the next morning next to Wrath's body, wearing nothing but your skivvies as Jormund calls you a sick son of b..... and your head just hurts too damm much wonder the hell why."

9. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Geez Mag. If I ever start a war, I know who I want doing my tactics!

If I couldn't get me that cottage, I'd live in Tulla, study my ass off until I had mastered at least four colleges of magic (Necro B+W, Force, Temportal), get support from students and any disgruntled masters I could find, and make my bid for power. Once I was in charge, I'd make everyone with offensive magic concentrate it on the Vendigroth Ruins.

Once THAT was gone, I'd turn the entire Wastes into a stronghold, using some Nature mages to make the land fertile... and then piss off Tarant. As every single damned person in my Tullan Supremacy would know at least a minimal amount of magic, the technology would be fragged for most of their forces, and any who weren't completely stuffed would be 'taken care of' by a crack team of Necro Black Assassins.

Once Tarant falls, I'd take any useful technology worth utilizing and create an army of tech/mages with the most powerful equipment they could handle. We'd take out the Wheel Clan in order to have somewhere to fall back to should I suffer some disastrous event, and then ally with the Bedokaan and the Dark Elves to destroy Dernhold and Blackroot. Shrouded Hills would be turned into a technologist training ground for those few I found worthy of having the power.

Once the entirety of the north and east was under my power, I'd Blitzkrieg Roseborough and Caladon - although I'd ally with the Panarii and make it the official religeon of the land, making Alexander the leader of a team of Holy Knights along with Lianna Del Par, so that if any uprising should come into being they could suppress it.

And THEN I'd get them to BUILD ME MY DAMNED COTTAGE!!! :lol:

10. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

Oooh, Black Necro Special Forces... That sounds so cool! or Black Necro Task Force.

11. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

I like calling them my "Black Assassins".

I just like that post, now that I re-read it. I'm rather single-minded, aren't I? :lol:

12. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

Well, I'm stealing your idea and using it in my comic.

mmmmm... Necro Task Force... *drool*

13. Mag the Bloody-handed

They'd be blown to bits by my Doom Squad of Boom, prowling explosives experts using timebombs and plastique in conjunction with their trap-making expertise as well.

14. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

Oh please! :lol:

Like anything can survive a NTF assault!

15. Mag the Bloody-handed

Your taskforce would have to make it through a perimeter guarded by arachnids(both physical and poison) while being bombarded with mustard gas(arachnids don't have lungs) and knockout gas(arachnids don't sleep) grenades.

If you somehow managed to survive that the paralysis grenades would come next along with clumsy necromancer feet tripping bear traps, followed by envenomed and pyrotechnic arrows while medical arachnids worked amongst the archers keeping them healed.

By some miracle you then get even further the plastique and timebombs would begin going off amidst your ranks, as well as the spike traps.

Then say you managed to survive ... you won the day and seized the town, or fortress. Shucks it just self-destructed and brought the roof down on your taskforces head.

16. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

17. Mag the Bloody-handed

Only if they went on the offensive as the success of their actions is primarily in defensive functionality, or ambushes which would not be possible every battle.

18. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Are you doubting my ability to subvert a standing defensive army?

19. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

Haha! First of all, I don't think you know just what magic can do (who says my necros aren't trained in other colleges as well?). Second, if that fortress self-destructs, I won't really care. So, i lost a small task force. I'll still be sitting somewhere safe and can come to pick up the pieces afterwards.

20. Mag the Bloody-handed

Blinky, yes.

Vyenna .... they are necromancers first. You should join with me to crush Blinky's forces.

Our Host!