What's the difference between Car-Arcanum and A:WIP?

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by Konig15, Apr 16, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Konig15

Konig15 New Member

While I've been trying to figure out how to play Arcanum again, I've been intrigued by the aforementioned mods and was wondering: what is the difference between then and which one if either, is "better?"
    I ask because I I want to play through at least once and do everything, but Arcanum is so big I might not have the stamina to do it again for another few years! :)

Any thoughts I'd appriciate.

2. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

There's a couple major differences:

Car-Arcanum is a major revision with much tougher monsters, cheats to help the more inexperienced player survive the nightmare world he created, all sorts of interesting new charms and weapons, and arguably the most unique follower in any video game. And 18 new locations to explore and conquer. Oh - and it is complete. As in no more work.
    If you're looking for balls-to-the-wall action - this is it.

A:WIP is being built for people who prefer the original game but wish there was more to do. A:WIP is still unfinished and rough as a cob in places (newby modder), but it too has a total of 18 new locations to explore including two halfling communities with hobbit-holes!, a massively reworked Iron Clan, and several modified hacks and bug fixes. These include the Malochean Hand Hack, the Orc Bandit Hack, Nasrudin Dialog fix, the Shopkeeper Hack, the Cargo hold, and a couple others. In short, every hack and mod I liked and could get to work together.
    If you like the pacing of the original game and don't mind playing in a construction site, this is the one to choose.

Since I'm building A:WIP, you know which one I'd recommend. :wink:

3. Konig15

Konig15 New Member

Thanks man!

I think I'll start with the Car-Arcanum, and then when I get done, maybe the WIP will be further, maybe much further along, depending on how busy I get.

Again, you have my thanks! :)

4. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

You're welcome - and you made a good choice.

Our Host!