What new Races?

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by Shadygrove, Sep 6, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Xan Emrys

Xan Emrys New Member

Spoiler

I agree. We need Morlochs. I made a giant list of every possible combination of races going back a couple generations. It took me forever. Anyway, Morlochs might be half orc, half dwarf or half orc, quarter dwarf, quarter ogre. Another kind of list I like to make is to take a list of males and females and see how many combinations of offspring and how many generations they can make before they are forced to inbreed. I keep this in mind whenever I write a story involving gnome scientists... or quarter elf, quarter orc, half gnome scientists. Mwahahahahaha.

Spoiler

Okay, I'm making a mod with Reinar as a race, named after the twins, of course. It's one gnome scientist's desire to conquer all of Arcanum with what he likes to call "supermen". Okay, okay, so he stole the idea from Hitler, but the Gnome came up with it independently. Reinars are half orc half elf. I made them into a background.
    +1 dx, +1 wp, -1 ch, 10% poison resist, -1 con, 5% Mag. Apt., -1 rank tech skills

They're a paradox of beauty and horror. They aren't "born evil" as some would suspect. They can look half elvish with a little make up or half orcish with the right hat. But when you see them as they are, they are attractive yet repulsive. They look like an abomination to most, especially elves. I think it's because of elves' will power that so few Reinars exist. They're able to control the pregnancy, to abort it with a force of will, because they see it as an abomination. Tsk, tsk. Anyway, my mod is unique because you begin the story as a Reinar in search of the orc who runs away from the country exile house you find your mother dead in, killed while you were away gathering poppies. :cry: It's going to be a great game. Feel free to steal my Reinar idea and stats.

2. King_Natstar

King_Natstar New Member

Wombats are very powerful forest creatures that go into the city's at night and eat people lol :lol:

3. King_Natstar

King_Natstar New Member

here's the races i would like to see in Arcanum2.
    1.Dwarf :D
    2.Human :thumbdown:
    3.Ogre :)
    4.Orc :)
    5.Half Orc :thumbup:
    6.Half Human :(
    7.Half Ogre :-(
    8.Half Dwarf :cry:
    9.Half Dragon :eek:
    10.Shape shifter :x
    11.Half Goblin :-o
    12.Goblin :/
    13.Half Troll :-?
    14.Troll :???:
    15.Elf 8)
    16.Half Elf :roll:
    17.Half Halfling :lol:
    18.Halfling :-x
    19.Gnome :razz:
    20.Half Gnome :p

I would also like all races to be playable in femail and male

All the new races came from far away place and the Shape Shifters came from the Void :razz:

4. Arconis Trava

Arconis Trava New Member

I think that you cnat really add thoes things whthout really squrewing up the game machanice. You would start out with things that were naturally evil and stuff. I would like to see specifications of the races already in existence, a la DnD forgotten realms.
    Elvs: Sun, wood, moon,
    Dwarvs, Subterraniean, mountain, hill
    Halflings lightfoot, steadfast
    Gnomes, umm i ran out of ideas
    I also think that there should be more backrounds, and they should have more importance. Like how about a backround where you were desended from a dragon, a far way away, of course. But, u would have to discover your talents, and in the end you might be able to spit fire

5. King_Natstar

King_Natstar New Member

6. Arconis Trava

Arconis Trava New Member

7. twitchy6181

twitchy6181 New Member

Races that should be added: Full Orc and Ogre, Knolls, Kobolds, Goblins, Centaurs, Minotaurs............and Fraggles!!! :D

8. Canis

Canis New Member

Yes! Fraggles! And that giant lump of a thing that always seemed to have gas.... What the hell was that thing? (Yes, it's been a while since I've seen it.)

I'm still disappointed that nobody liked my idea to have Jedi in Arcanum 2. Honestly people, can't you see how perfectly Jedi would fit into the setting?!

9. -WhiteDog-

-WhiteDog- New Member

I really don't think there should be women dwarves avaliable! The dwarves have been hiding them as far as everyone knows and almost kills you if you ask about them. Why should they suddenly appear and show themselves? Makes no sense at all.

10. Canis

Canis New Member

It makes perfect sense if you believe as I do that male and female dwarves are indistinguishable. In fact, I'm convinced that both Magnus and the Wheel Clan dwarf who gets upset when you ask about their females are really women.

The female dwarf could look just like the male, and non-dwarves could address the character as a male.... oh just imagine the hilarity.

11. ghost_gunner

ghost_gunner New Member

I am very insulted that ya don't know what a wombat is. It's an Australian native animal, so look it up dick-head. Every-one knows of kangaroos, koalas and crocadiles ( mostly because of Steve Irwin [dick-head]) and think the previously stated are the only ones. Not to mention how tourists come up to us sayin' "G'doy moite." and " Are ya an Ozy?"

Then gettin' up us for not speakin' like Steve.

SO GET IT RIGHT!

12. Canis

Canis New Member

Oh yes if it weren't for Steve Irwin nobody would ever have heard of kangaroos, koalas, and crocodiles. :roll:

Xento is our resident Uneducated Eleven-Year-Old. He has repeatedly shown an intense disinterest in looking anything up for himself. You'd do best to ration your (entirely understandable) exasperation for his really big goofs.

13. Cuey

Cuey New Member

Ghost gunner, I understand your rage...

Some people do tend to be very ignorant about Australia and its animals, but isn't the same true about America, Japan, etc? People like stereotypes because they're easy to understand and everyone knows about them. In any case, wombats are somewhat difficult to describe. Websites and dictionary definitions usually aren't very helpful- you don't really know what a wombat is until you've seen wombat roadkill ^__^

14. backstabber

backstabber New Member

so you created an account just to flame us??? i am touched

15. demonicore666

demonicore666 New Member

I have a few cool races for Arcanum that I think would really "spice up" the game. How about a crew of guys who wear pink miniskirts and lavender tube-tops? They could summon evil fairies to put you to sleep while they ravage you. Or...how about a clan of people with downs syndrome...they could talk like rain man and when you buy stuff from them you could trade them a used tampon or dirty diaper for a $12,000 sword lol. Maybe a tribe of 500 foot tall dragons that wet themselves and run screetching like infants whenever someone tries to attack them? Now those would be interesting....to say the least. lol. Yes I have a sick mind...so when I think of some more demented and perverse things...I'll let ya know. :realmad: [/quote]Revenge is so very very sweet....

16. Megaman-alpha

Megaman-alpha New Member

demonicore666 do humanity a favor and don't reproduce

17. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Wow! For once someone gravedug a topic to add something meaningful to it. :)

I'm also offended by you inclusion of down syndrome sufferers. That's just not on. :cry:

18. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    As for the thought on subraces, I don't really think that I can agree with you. All of the subraces you've mentioned exists in the Forgotten Realms, and Arcanum ain't a part of that. And since there aren't any established subraces in Arcanum, it would just be plain wrong to include them (remember that the dark elves in Arcanum differ from the other elves in philospohy only, they're not drow). No offence intended, of course.

As for your background idea, I kind of like the one with the dragon blood :) . It would definately be nice if some backgrounds provided something unique that you couldn't obtain otherwise (like spitting fire or whatever). They would just have to balance them out so they wouldn't get too powerful, otherwise there'll be an unproportionate amount of people with draconic blood in their veins.

19. sam_slimwise

sam_slimwise New Member

I realy would like to see an Uruk-Hai race!
    I guess all who watched the impressive The Lord of the Rings would have quite an idea of whom i mean.
    An Uruk-Hai is an Orcish fighting machine bred underground in the most gruesome way.
    Oh by the way, did I mention Dark Elves? There should be a Dark Elf race, which would in someway oppose the High Elves, get what i mean? There are also the Wood Elves...

20. gargob

gargob New Member

Maybe the Uruk-Hai =Elf + Orc :-o
    Just a theory.

Our Host!