weapons that look like weapons.......

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by Sketch, Jul 24, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Sketch

Sketch New Member

Ok what I wanna see in this game are weapons, sheilds, and armour on the character that actually look like the one's you equip them with.

For example:

My mage who I equiped with a Scimitar, but during a battle held a long sword.

My techie that I equiped with a tesla gun, but was holding what looked like a winchester rifle.

My techie that I equiped with steam powered armour, which looked cool in the equipment window, but when he wears it, it looks like some anchiend diving suit.

Helmets that dont look anything like they do in the equipment room.

My mage who had a cool green mystic sheild, but held what looked like a large triangle.

The list goes on but you guys get the point, this was one part of the game that really shit me.
    It had better be fixed for the next game.

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Yeah, Arcanum really doesn't provide much in terms of character appearance customization, that's for sure...

I suppose there were time issues. Troika, like all other game companies, had a deadline to meet. They probably decided to use the time they had to finish more important things.

3. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

hey man all we need to do is buy a few hundred more copies of arcanum each, and then when troika gets bought by microsoft we could look forward to seeing fully decked out characters four years from now... (remember diablo 2? yeah that kind of process... except microsoft didnt buy blizzard... but they'd surely buy troika, it being smaller and less successful ,and now i'm rambling......)

4. arronax21

arronax21 New Member

id just die to see a dwarf running around with an m-16 or a ak-47......
    but thats besids the point of seeing your person with different weapons. :minigun:

5. Drake Crowind

Drake Crowind New Member

Maybe DU or someone can do it for this arcanum? That would be cool to download! And less costly!

6. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

If I can ever figure out how to access these damn graphics files, I would give it a shot. But until then...

7. King_Natstar

King_Natstar New Member

8. arronax21

arronax21 New Member

9. Silvio-Arjunza

Silvio-Arjunza New Member

pretty much. Blinky, if you need some help getting to those files give me a little instruction and I'll help you... email me if your interested.

Our Host!