We had an earthquake!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Frigo, Dec 31, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Spuddy

Spuddy New Member

And that's an act of evil?

What about the natural order, survival of the bestest and all that?

2. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Eh, I dunno. A "pack" of squirrels in Russia was apparently pissed at a stray dog that had been harassing the local squirrel populace. Then, a dozen or so of these black squirrels jumped down from the trees, surrounded the large dog (a mix of a few large breeds), and proceeded to run up its legs and disembowel the canine. Several witnesses say they saw the squirrels run off with chunks of dog meat when they (the people) apporached.
    Now, considering squirrels are predominantly vegetarian (consisting of a diet mainly of nuts, fruits, scraps of food people leave on the ground), and the attack was a direct result of a dog teasing squirrels, I'd say they're evil, and too smart for their own good. They planned this attack. Hell, they probably all started vomiting after eating the meat, or got some screaming squirts. They didn't have to eat the dog, but they sure as hell wanted to.
    Ok, ok...maybe the squirrels were short on other foods. I mean, it IS Russia.

Link to BBC coverage

No. If squirrels were supposed to be higher on the food chain than dogs, we'd all have 60 pound squirrels at our sides while 15 pounds yappers roamed reely in the woods surviving on small mammals and the odd patch of grass. If it was a capybara attack, ok. They can weigh over 200 pounds. But it was a pack of squirrels in a park.

3. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

By your logic Lions are bigger and heavier than Elephants.

4. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Oh, they're nasty enough when they want to be. As a boy I had to clean up what was left of a big old tom cat that went round and around with a common gray squirrel. The cat didn't last long.

5. Grossenschwamm

Well, no. Elephants have no natural predators, and therefore stand pretty high on the savannah food-chain. The only time a lion would be able to eat an elephant would be if the elephant was very young and seperated from its mother (highly unlikely), or an already dead pachyderm.
    Lions are huge in their own right and tend to kill and eat things twice their size (with proper backup).
    Squirrels have EVERY natural predator. That is why it's odd that they'd kill and eat portions of a dog, an animal that would normally kill and eat a squirrel if it was hunting and had to settle for a snack.
    Yeah...some squirrels are pretty crazy. That's why I normally kill one if I see it when I'm armed. However, I know for a fact that two of my cats would have let the squirrel think it had won, and then ripped it in half. Literally. One cat had a hyper-thyroid condition, and was always pumping on adrenaline. The other killed a racoon.

6. Spuddy

Spuddy New Member

You chicken lizard, you...
    You need armament to take down a poor, innocent, dog-disemboweling squirrel? Grow some nuts, why don't you?

7. Grossenschwamm

For one thing, I never said I had to be armed. I just don't like getting my hands dirty. For another, I can just as easily sacrifice my Ethical Treatment of Spuds medal to start a chain of restaurants that serve foods that are only made from potato.

8. Spuddy

Spuddy New Member

Don't scare me like that... :( I take back everything I've ever said against lizards, just spare my spuds!

9. Telcontar

Telcontar Well-Known Member

Screw the apologies, how about a home made lizard and mashed potato pie :p?

10. Sofokl

Sofokl New Member

It's unsufficient. Potato Must be Inside lizard. And lizard itself must be fried unsufficiently to make it sure it wouldn't move. As a French meat.

11. Grossenschwamm

You can try eating me if you want. It's not my fault if you get radiation poisoning and pretty much every cancer known to man.

12. Sofokl

Sofokl New Member

No, Gross, since you're having human nature and even have more than 2000 posts it's impolite to eat you.

13. Grossenschwamm

I'm glad you've come to your senses, Sofokl. Eating radioactive, self aware lizards is never a good idea.
    I'm coming up on the end of my first year at this forum, too.

14. Telcontar

Telcontar Well-Known Member

And already going on 3000 posts shortly. You will have Jarinors crown in no time. Though Vorak goes back to uni some time within the next month so he will become a posting machine once agin.

Our Host!