WarCraft3....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quethim, Jul 26, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Quethim

Quethim New Member

I was just wondering, do any of you play WC3 on Battle.Net USwest? Cause if so, could you like tell me your acount or something so I could message you and play some arranged games? I would ask on the IRC channel about this, but I kind of reformated my computer because I upgraded it to play WC3, and so now I do not got the IRC thing...

2. Maniac

Maniac New Member

I have W3. Cool game! [Maybe I should try MP?] Now to get that BNet crac... *cough* crap working :roll:

3. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

I almost bought that game, but then I bought Morrowind and GTA3 instead, both of which lag horribly and which I apparently can't return.

stupid old computer...

4. Maniac

Maniac New Member

I also have GTA3 & Morrowind & they don't lag for me...Go me! I'm the supreme being! 3:)

5. Etalis Craftlord

did I mention I use a Pentium II? And my graphics card date from 1998?

:p

6. Maniac

Maniac New Member

That only proves my superiority :p

7. Etalis Craftlord

8. Maniac

Maniac New Member

And again that proves my superiority :D

9. xento

xento New Member

I played (and have) Warcraft 2. Old game. Very sucky. I am surprised they dug down in the dust and pulled Warcraft out again.

10. Quethim

Quethim New Member

Well, would you make a sequel to a game that made over 1 million dollars? I know I would, I think WC3 is a good game, I like it, but then there are the people that are not too interested in the genre, but real time strategy is a genre for many teens, but I think I will still play em(well I will play all blizzard game) when I am considered an "adult."

11. Maniac

Maniac New Member

Warcraft 2 is the classic!!! And Warcraft 3 is a very cool game!!!

12. Settler

Settler Member

It's that time again! My vendetta against all Blizzard games (except for The Lost Vikings) !

Wow, now I don't have anything to say. I hate the W3 universe. The graphics are great (if very cartoonish), the engine is mediocre, but the story and universe are terrible.

13. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I beg to differ, Settler. The graphics are *meant* to be the cartoonish, larger-than-life style models that you see. I think they're great and work well in the universe. The animation on the heros when they speak though, that gets weird at times.

The engine does pretty well I thought - I've only had 1 problem, and I'm pretty sure that was map related. The game suddenly got very choppy for no reason I can discern, and seemed to be 'saved' with the game. Luckily it was only a skirmish, and not a campaign mission.

Speaking of the campaign, I think the story is pretty good - not as good as Starcraft, but the Warcraft story has already been told a fair bit, and all the designers really had to work with was a story for survival. Not too much you can do with that, but I reckon they've done a good job.

As for the universe being terrible, well, 1 million copies of the game sold in just a few weeks seems to disagree with you on that one :).

14. Maniac

Maniac New Member

Don't take note to Settler's words! He's Virgil's lover! :minigun:

15. Settler

Settler Member

OK...

1. I don't like the graphics because they're cartoonish...
    2. I don't like the engine because it's cartoonish...
    3. I don't like the universe because...ahem...I just don't...
    4. Does it matter what 1 million people think? More than 1 million people are behind Liberal, does that make them right? :D It's my opinion, that's all.

16. Quethim

Quethim New Member

Well, here is some advice for you, never state an opinion if it is opposite of everyone elses, just some helpful words of advice from your friend Quethim =)

17. Loki

Loki New Member

I hear WarCraft 3 is good RTS, but it is also nothing special, and does not contain any innovation that has not been attempted by its predecessors or different games (i.e. Battle Realms). Only thing different about it is the Hero system, new polished 3D graphics and there are now 4 different sides. The production values are so high, and that is what makes any Blizzard game special.

It IS a good game, though. Battle.net is the best multiplayer service I've seen. The AI of the computer opponents are UNFORGIVING and merciless.

18. Ct0fDiscord

Ct0fDiscord New Member

I WILL conquer it someday... until then I will hone my 1337 skills in tower defense games.

Your right about it not being revolutionary and all that. But the story is awsome, the graphics are awsome, the game is... awsome. Its worth getting. And if your low on cash just go buy the collectors edition for 35 bucks on ebay :hidepc:

19. Quethim

Quethim New Member

I've had my money saved up for 3 years to get that game, it was supposed to come out like 3 years ago but it got delayed so much, but the longer it takes to make, the better the game right?

And people should not be disapointed with Blizzard which none really are, for if you been playing Blizzard games you should know the delay a lot. Now I just gotta wait for the WC3 expansion, a StarCraft2(I can't wait for that).

20. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

If Blizzard don't make a WC3 expansion, they must have run completely out of money. The storyline demands and expansion pack!

Our Host!