War RPG

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Menion Ravenlock, Nov 14, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Maniac

Maniac New Member

[OOC]
    nbrosz, don't overestimate yourself. You can be killed easily and for such behavior you would at least be arrested if not killed.
    [OOC]

I, Katherine and my good friend Menion went away for a private discussion. I also wanted to know what Katherine wanted to tell me but all has its time. We stood in a circle observing each other. Menion was about to start speaking as I interrupted him.

"Wait..."

I raised my hands to the sides of me so the energy would be easier to channel. Then I muttered an incantation and a large purple bubble appeared around us. It was only see through from our side. From outside it looked like made of some liquid and had small swirls and ripples through its whole surface.

"Now we're safe from curious ears or eyes. Feel free to speak, my friend..."

2. Menion Ravenlock

Menion Ravenlock New Member

{OOC}Sorry I will be gone two days so make your last response and wait till I get back okay? Because its hard to read and catch up.

3. Icairus

Icairus New Member

Following

I followed them into where they were going to have their private conversation, invisible but right when they were going to begin talking, one of them put up this weird purple bubble, I have no idea what it does, but I assume it makes it so that no-one can here outside of it. I decide to wait it out, maybe I would be able to catch something through it, or when they came out of it.
    -Ten'al

4. Ferret

Ferret New Member

I followed Archmage Sylvenius and General Ravenlock into an antechamber of the council room. It was smaller in size, but no less opulent in it's intricacy and decoration. Even their smaller rooms had me in awe.

General Ravenlock was about to speak, when the Archmage stopped him. He frowned, and then cast a strange fluidic bubble around us. Immediately, the air inside grew calm and somehow, peaceful, even though we could still see and here all that went on around us.

Sylvenius explained that it would keep outsiders from spying on us. A remarkable spell, and I had no idea how it worked.

We were safe to talk, so I did so.

"So you also knew there was someone else in the room?" I asked Sylvenius. He smiled at me. "It's an Elven woman, standing about three feet from us, towards the door over there" [I point in the general location of the person] "One advantage of being a Sorceress is the ability to sense the mids of others. My usual trick, is to quietly enter their minds, and put them to sleep without them realising anything is happening. Only other sorcerors can detect such things, and even then, only the best. I really am quite good at this after all. I can then wake them after I've gone, and they don't even realise anything has happened. You might have well as frozen them in time as far as they are concerned."

General Ravenlock chuckled at this. "You might be quite handy to have around after all. However, there was something on my mind that I must discuss with you both...."

[OOC]
    OK. Maniac and Icairus, we should leave our stories here until Menion returns....
    [/OOC]

5. slagger21

slagger21 New Member

The tip of my arrow touched the hairs on the back of his head .

" Fool . Do not for one moment think you have the run of this city . What we need now is men , but if you outlive your usefulness , we will crush you like the insect your are ."

6. Notharah

Notharah New Member

[ooc] eh!... I like this one... you be doing good guys! :grin: ... maybe in a little while you'l have e convinced to join a remote role (I doubt the march of the undead will ever be finished anyway [ooc]

7. xento

xento New Member

[occ]Sorry, Maniac... Didn't mean to over-play my part....[/occ]

I unloaded my gun and put it away.
    "Sorry, I guess I did over-react a bit, but please, let the demon live. He could be very useful in the fight to come."

8. Just A Geek

Just A Geek New Member

"Dhaak have rough life. Dhaak watch as demons kill mudda. Dhaak watch as demons kill all he knows. Now Dhaak will crush demons to goo!"

This is the tale of Dhaak-Rel. His childhood was normal, well, for a Half Orc anyway. Though he was sheltered from the harshness of society by his mother, he still received a lot of ridicule. Quite frankly, the people had little else to do than pick on those who were different. That was until the demons came. As a mere child, the young half orc watched as they desecrated the rural town in which he lived. Everyone was destroyed, save him. Somehow, he got away. Hid himself deep within a nearby cave until the horde had passed.

It would be four years before Dhaak left the cave. What happened inside was a mystery, but when he emerged, he had obviously changed. His family and what little friends he did have were gone. He had nothing. Now, his mind was set on one thing and one thing only. Killing as many of the Demon Horde as possible until they finally took him out. Blaze of glory and all that. Picking up a left-behind sledgehammer, he set out on his journey.

It was the path of destruction that had led him to the elven city. Seeing the aftermath of the battle, a darkened brow raised.

"Dey after long ears now. Mebbe Dhaak help long ears smash demons? Who else long ears 'ave ta help?"

Having ditched the sledgehammer now for an enhanced Warhammer, he propped it upon his shoulder. Swinging the burlap bag over his other shoulder, he decended towards the city.

[OOC]
    Too late to add a new char to the mix?
    [/OOC]

9. Menion Ravenlock

Sorry its taking so long I am making a battle scene might take a few more days but until then HAPPY THANKSGIVEING!

10. Menion Ravenlock

"Thank-you Archmage." "Now we can talk." "Katherine I called you in here to discuss your magic and why are you here? What is your purpose? Kathirine nodded and began to discuss her magic techniques. When voices cryed out warnings and pounding feet sounded outside. "Demons!" I yelled in vain. They both froze until I continued, "Sorry we must talk later." "I must go quickly to the outside of the gates to my army." They both nodded and asked to come with me but I said, "No go tell the others in the other room if they want to stay in this city I want them on the battlefield now!" At that I ran out the back door as quickly I as could for I had a battle to fight.

{OOC} Now I am outside I kinda am posting two things to get on track.{OOC}

As I stood with my troops watching, the demons were approaching. I felt a breeze as I then glanced at the already bloodied ground from past battles. I frowned knowing I was going to do somthing which no one knew I was going to do, not even my friend Sylvenius. I turned toward my troops forcing a grim smile. I looked also into the crowd searching for the people who were in the council room only to spot Matthew and the Dwarf standing by together looking pale. I then ordered my troops to stay as I walked ahead from them. As I walked I heard my armor creak and felt my sword scratch my leg. The demons still came forth now even faster seeing me alone and vulnerable. I turned back toward the army and my beloved city. I cryed out, "My life for Riviria!" At that I rose my hand and shot forth blue lighting from my fingertips into the walls of Riviria and created a blue shield around the whole city. The army watched in awe until one yelled a warning. The demons have reached us and the battle begun. I was washed over by demons lusting for blood never to be seen again.

{OOC} Don't worry I have a new charactor named Aurin who is going to come help fight in this battle next. So just have fun and fight right now and the people here who want to be commanders then well be them. Sorry if I messed up here with spelling but I am in a hurry.{OOC}

11. Just A Geek

Just A Geek New Member

Dhaak was getting closer to the elven city when he saw the magickal shield go up. It took him a few moments to figure out what happened, but then he heard the rumble behind him. The demons were approaching fast behind him.

After mumbling a few orcish explitives, he concentrated on the task at hand.

For all he knew, no one else knew he was out there. Gripping the warhammer tight in both hands, he prepared to fight, even though he didn't expect to live through it. He would at least go down in a blaze of glory.

[OOC]
    Okay, since no one else has seemed to object about a new char coming in sorta late, here is the info.
    Name: Dhaak-Rel
    Race: Half-Orc
    Magick: School of Earth, and some other minor stuff, mainly enhancement spells.
    Equipment: Various scraps of leather strapped to the body used as armor and a large 2-handed warhammer. Little else than that.
    [/OOC]

12. Ferret

Ferret New Member

It seems then, that the matter was not as important as I thought. It's understandable though, that the Elves would want to check out any new source of magic, and it is improbable that they had encountered sorcery before, as none seemed to know of the King's powers in that area.

I was a little relieved, as I was nervous of an inquisition. I thought I had finally overcome my outcasting, but something still remained and it made me uncomfortable on occaision.

I began to tell Menion of the origin of Sorcery. A gift from an ancient and reclusive god to his disciples, and thus thought of as heresy by the recent religeons, who deny the existence of the ancient gods, and who worship other, younger, deities. The first sorcerors - Belgerath the Great, and his daughter Polgara¹ - used their powers to oust the ancient evils of the world, but in doing so, the ancient gods left this realm, and the younger gods annexed the world, as it is now.

The abilities of the sorceror were passes down through the bloodline, and every seventh generetion or so, another sorceror emerged from the decendents of those first given the power.

I began to explain my 'finding' and the nature of the will and the word, but I was interrupted by the sound of the hordes outside of the city, audible even here, in the innner chambres of the coucil, and the sound of a warning horn by the sentries. Menion bade us fairwell and left through a side door, with instructions to inform the council.

I put my hand on Silvenius' shoulder as he turned to go. "Before you go, Archmage. There is something you should know about your king...." [Sylvenius regards me with a mixture of curiosity, sadness and surprise in his eyes]. "Your king too, had my heritage. He was a sorceror."

Syvenius thought for a while, and then looked me in the eyes. He spoke in a calm, soft voice. "Thankyou. You have given me much to think about, and if it is your wish, I would be glad of your services in finding out what happened to my king.... and friend."

I nod, and smile at him kindly. He smiles back, and then turns away. As he steps out of the circle, the purple bubble disappates. He opens the door to the inner chamber, and I can here the commotion inside. I would leave it to him to warn them of the impending danger, although I suspect they already know.

I turn away and close my eyes. I was no good at fighting, but they might need my help.

I turn towards the corner of the room. I had a steely edge to my voice when I spoke. I did not like being spied upon. "Well, my Elven friend. Would you mind telling me what you thought you'd hear?"

¹ Credit, where credit's due - To David and Leigh Eddings

13. Maniac

Maniac New Member

The sorcerer told of my King being a sorcerer as well. I never knew it although I always felt a powerful aura around him but it never occurred to me he was a sorcerer. As the horns announced of danger and my friend went to his soldiers I quickly paced into the council hall. Some people were confused, others understood what was happening but they all were caught by surprise and didn't know how to act.

"The demons are attacking, all capable join the battle. Arm yourselves and follow me..."

After my words I waited for a minute and the walked out of the building. A group of people followed me. As we stepped through the gates I saw Menion. As I felt magic gather in the air I realized what my friend was doing. He was going to sacrifice his live to gods for a very powerful spell. A blue lighting shot out from the general's fingertips and Riviria became surrounded by a magic shield. The elf then stood still with his life fading and the view of him was quickly overwhelmed by a horde of demons.

I lowered my head and grasped my sword firmly. This war took away the last of my friends. I stepped through the protecting shield and started walking towards the enemies with magic gathering around me and crackling in the air.

14. xento

xento New Member

"The demons are attacking!" The voice rang out all over the Elven city.

I ran out and cocked my gun. I was able to shoot at least ten demons before one finally got to me. He sliced through my middle and cut off my left arm. I shot him as I went down, and he fell on top of me, his right arm razor cutting into my chest.

My view began to fade and grow dark....

[occ]I die here. My character is dead and I won't post in this thread anymore.[/occ]

15. Menion Ravenlock

Name:Aurin/Nick is (The Owl)
    Features: Age 22,blonde,white eyes, very strongly built and bronze skin. I am Half Elven and Half Elemental. I were a black robe with the insignia of a silver raven. I ride a griffon named Kena who has a eagel head,dragon tail,and falcon claws. My weapon is a staff of light mith and a black orb is set upon it. No one can see my face clearly except for my glowing eyes. He is a lonely person being banished from all the races because of his strange magic and eyes.

I smelled the carnage from above as I watched the battle below me. I found this rather amuseing and quite entertaining. I patted my friffon on the neck saying, "Tonight ye shall dine rather good." I said pointing my staff toward the battle field. I used to be in charge of this demon army until I was banished from the Dark Queen. For saving a woman from being raped from a demon spawned. I gritted my teeth in remembrance. I didn't care though since I am kinda used to being banished from people or things. Like what did I expect? A family or friends? No... I will never again belong to somthing. I paused continuing to watch the bloodshed down below. Deep down though I knew I wanted a companion and friends to teach my magic and drink a nice brew with. I will have my revenge anyways on the Dark Queen and her minion's. I turned my griffon toward the city Riviria leaving the battle and slipping threw the shield landing unoticed behind a dome shaped building.

{OOC} Looks great so far guys! Here is my new person since Menion died. Hope you find him quite unusual.{OOC}

16. Icairus

Icairus New Member

Continuing

The battle began outside, and after everyone else had left the room, the Sorceress turned to me and asked me what I thought I would hear. I told her that I was not sure, I had come to find out what was going on among those in charge. Turning to the battlefield, I noticed something about the Demons. They had been summoned using an unusual technique, like they had forgotten to bind the demons to themselves. They were under the command of no-one. I realized that I could finish the spell and bring them under my command. However, the demons are currently less pressing than the Sorceress. I decide to stall by saying that we could probably be of some help in the battle, so I reappear and then start walking out of the room.
    - Ten'al, resident corpse of a necromancer
    [ooc]I do not really know where to take this character, should I become more of the elf Ten'al or the spirit Necromancer, perhaps using more than one body[/ooc]

17. Quethim

Quethim New Member

My hands were free, the guards around me left. I was left alone. I was surprised, they must have forgotten about me. There was nothing I could do in this place. So I decided to run out of the room. I made it outside, but everyone was concentrated on the battle. I decided to aid them in the battle. So I ran through the shield that was put up. I walked up to one of the demons that looked like he needed help.

“Please help me!�

I grabbed him and stabbed my claw into his chest. He fell down at my feet.

"What's this! A demon is on our side?" An elven man said

"The demon came out of our village!" Another elf said.

"But how did he go through the shield?" One asked.

I decided to ignore the rest of them, for so much elves were amazed. A demon jumped at me and I managed to dodge him. I picked up an elven blade and stabbed it into the demon's neck. The demon then gazed at me.

"Traitor!" It then fell to the ground. I realized it was the one who trained me in my talents. The thing is, I felt no guilt for what I did. I felt I did the right thing. I was helping to stop this war, even if it meant I had to kill the ones I knew best.

I didn't know what to do. I was too confused with this world. I wish I wasn't brought into this world, for I'm just useless!

18. Maniac

Maniac New Member

I was advancing into the battle. Angered, I rose my palm and white lighting shot out from it swirling around the demons and burning at least a dozen to ash. A huge demon leaped at me swinging his heavy claw but I dodged his attack and brought my sword in an uppercut, splitting the beast's jaw in two and then pushed the sword forward into its throat sending out a fountain of blood and bringing down the abomination on its feet.
    A group of demons charged at me sensing that I posed a threat. Conjuring a fiery sphere in my free hand I tossed it at the group. While flying it grew and as it bashed into the blood colored dirt the sphere exploded making a blinding white flash and a gust of wind that blew the nearby weaker fighters off their feet. As the flash disappeared a small crater stood in its place with smoke rising from it. The demon horde was thirty demons less now.
    Another demon thrust its claw from behind aimed at my heart. Sensing the danger I leaped high up and spun around swinging my sword in an arc. The metal tore through the neck’s flesh and the demon’s head dropped on the ground.

19. Ferret

Ferret New Member

[OOC]
    Quethim, are you aware that you probably won't be able to RE-ENTER the city, as it's meant to keep demons OUT? You might find youself stuck outside the gates, unless you can convince some kind Elven mage to let you in.
    [/OOC]

I let the Elf go. There was something not quite right about the way she thought, but I couldn't place it. It was as if her mind was in turmoil - unsure of what it wanted. It was.... curious.

When I was sure I was alone, I turned my attention to the battle at hand. I open the window, and assume my form of a Falcon. From the windowsill, I looked around the city and chose a prominent spire from where I could observe that battle.

As I took flight, a blue shimmering field went up around the city. I could sense powerful magics at work, and wondered if it was Sylveius' doing.

I landed on the spire, and tranformed back. I looked at the battle, raging below, and took stock of the situation. It was like something from a nightmare, with hordes upon hordes of demons, throwing themselves against a shore of Elves. The occaisional flash, or fireball betrayed the use of magic within the Elven ranks. A particuarly large orange flare gave away the position of Sylvenius, and the shockwave felled a row of demons behind the blast.

I focused my mind, and used my will to find weaknesses within the crust of the planet. It took time, and I was all to keenly aware of the many allies being killed, but I went as fast as I could. I made sure I looked far enough out, so that what I had planned would not affect my allies.

After what seemed like an interminable time, I finally found what I was looking for - a series of cracks deep within the crust that, given time, would eventually lead to an earthquake, or sink hole. I decided to speed things up.

I concentrated, and with the power of my will, I began to crumble the supporting rock, and link the cracks. Once the resulting cleft was sufficiently deep, I focused the entire strength of my will upon the fissure, and cried out, "Open".

There was a shuddering groan as the earth gave way, and a loud crack that was audible even from my perch on the tall spire. About 300 meters out from the Elves guarding the city walls, a great gaping chasm appeared.

It had the effect I was looking for. The crack wasn't big - about 3 meters wide, and 50 meters long, but it meant that the demons could not jump it, and had to go around. Thus, they could only attack from either side of crack, and not along the entire front of the city as they had been.

In effect, it made reinforcements for the already engaged demons take longer to get there, and in smaller numbers, since they had to move through a smaller passage in front of the city. In addition, dozens of demons were swallowed by the ground as the chasm opened, and dozens more followed them as they were unable to stop in time, or were pushed in from the excited hordes behind them.

I could see the flashes as Elven mages hurled spells across the chasm, blasting the demons on the other side, before they were even in reach, whilst the warriors split to either end, cutting down the demons as they poured around the gap in the ground.

I sat down heavily on the spire. I wasn't really strong enough yet to try things like that, and I was exhausting myself already. I lay back, and breathed deeply, watching the the battle below, and trying to think of other ways to help....

20. Icairus

Icairus New Member

I got to the battlefield and was about to try taking over some of the demons, when a giant chasm opened up in the middle of the demon ranks. I looked around and saw the Sorceress, she must have done it. I concentrated again on the battlefield. The demons seemed to have stopped charging, the new chasm must have scared them, they will regroup and attack again, in even greater force.
    -Ten'al

Our Host!