Vorman Town is on arcanum

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by Hellbokos, Aug 31, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

So even though he's banned can I still get this??

2. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

No, you can't. He never did any of what he said about modding Arcanum.

3. jfkoski

jfkoski New Member

I'm not looking for a total revamp of Vormantown, but just a way to incorporate it into Arcanum, so you and your followers can take a train, teleport, boat or dinghy to get there and back when you feel up to it. I don't feel up to playing it again from level 1.

I looked at some of the stuff in Vormantown, and some things like keys need new numbers, while others like global flags(?) have unique ones. I think there are only three quests, so that wasn't hard to change those numbers.

4. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

You and I are thinking along the same lines, jfkoski.
    Adding Vormantown will take attention to detail to avoid conflicts, but really wouldn't hard at all.

You should do something about the initial setup though.
    Suggestion: Perhaps if you retrieve the Mayor of Blackroot's dagger without killing the thieves, he would mention an "old friend" could use someone like you. Accept the quest and you take a boat from Blackroot to Vorman's island.
    Add a new ship to the main Vormantown map and another one in Blackroot, and you're in business.

The ending will also need a bit of attention if it's to be added to the Arcanum end slides.

The only real grumble I have with the idea is no teleportation to or from any of the islands.

I too have been considering this, but if you beat me to it, I'm buying the drinks!

BTW: Grab a screenshot showing Virgil in Vormantown for posterity!

5. jfkoski

jfkoski New Member

I went through all the dialogs to change quest or flag numbers, which was easy, but didn't go through the script files, or change inventory keys. I can't help thinking it needs modification by the editor to change them and the locked doors.

6. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Yep! You'll also need to make new listings in the gamekey.mes.

Our Host!