Vorman Town is on arcanum

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by Hellbokos, Aug 31, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Hellbokos

Hellbokos New Member

Yo.
    Just wanted to say ive finished incorperating Vormantown into the arcanum module.
    Ive set it up so that vorman town is a town you can visit while in the void.
    Its full of shit hot weapons and armour that surpasses that of any in the original arcanum module.
    I have made quite a few changes to vormantown in the way that it looks and also in the weapons and armour you can buy, and recieve for quests.

Ive also made ten followers that can join you that take no follower points.
    They are ancient old warrior´s of the derian kar.
    If you wanna see it then speak send my msn a friend request or send me a hotmail message. Or just say on the forums.

Im still a bit fuzzy on how im going to actually get the dat to someone because its as you probably know, rather large.
    Anyway, wanna take a look, please send me a message.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Far out! Well done, Hellbokos.

How big's the dat and patch combo? If it's under 50 megs, you could submit it to DarkUnderlord - I think - for approval and posting here.

Or did you just open up the Arcanum dat and add to it rather than create a .patch1 file?

3. Hellbokos

Hellbokos New Member

In total its 47 odd. So yeah you could upload it i guess.
    Theres also a homage to a certain weapon. A sort of huge sub
    quest that has nothing to do with the main story.
    I dont know if you remember the old blind master that weilded the Aerial Decapitator. Well if you dont know, that whole thing is based on a film.
    Namely, Master of the Flying Guillotine, or The One Armed Boxer 2.

www.imdb.com/title/tt0072913/

Anyway, i pretty much re-created the movie into the game as best i could.
    In order to make it i did have to build another town. I also created a character model for it. Only one tho, the onld blind master. You can just about tell he´s got a white beard and a a red cloak.
    Anyway, im currently in the proccess of scripting it in english. The current one is in french. Mainly because i post a bit more on the french site than i do this one.

Anyway, if your interested just tell me.
    Ill keep on scripting it for the english in the mean time anyway

4. mathboy

mathboy New Member

Do you have a link to the french one or a discussion about it? I understand some french and it sounds interesting.

5. Hellbokos

Hellbokos New Member

I dont as of yet.
    Im currently waiting for it to be uploaded.
    I told the French at the same time as i did you.
    One of the admin´s on that site is gonna get back to me.
    But as soon as pierre has sorted himself out then we do stuff.
    The administrator is not actually called pierre. He´s actually got a
    strange name. So we call him pierre. Basically because he likes to eat raw cabbage. But thats a different story entirely.
    Anyway. There you go.

6. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Actually, rroyo shed light on that very subject a few months ago, trying to figure out why the Aerial Decapitator had such a werid name, and why it made that "GONG" noise as it flew.
    That's some awesome stuff that you made a little patch (or sub quest) based on the movie and weapon. Can't wait to play!

7. Hellbokos

Hellbokos New Member

By the way.
    If your a kung fu fan of any kind, you must watch that film.
    The old blind master is played by Kam Kahn. Trust me, he could rip the holy crap out of bruce lee. And Jimmy Wang Yu´s performance as the one armed boxer/swordsman is ledgendary aswell.
    And that Gong sound is actually the start of a song called super 16 that plays everytime this guy appears on screen. Its sort of a john Carpenters theme song.

8. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

What about the sound clip that plays for the Lord of the Damned in Ashbury castle, any ideas on what its from?

9. Hellbokos

Hellbokos New Member

Ill check it out.
    I currently cant remember the sound.
    Ill get back to you on that one.

10. mathboy

mathboy New Member

Please upload your mods at http://uploading.com/ (if they are bigger than 300 mb, use winrar to make it into a split archive).

And then either post the links, or PM them to me.

11. TONGSyaBASS

TONGSyaBASS Member

Is it a static image or can it perform animations?
    If it can perform animations, I would very much like to know how you did this. The character art files are composed of over one thousand images each (covering all rotations, movements and armour types). So as I understand it, it would require the creation of hundreds of new images to make a character with a range of movements. This is the main reason why females were cut from some of the races, to save on all the art creation required.

Good to know that there are new people modding.

12. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

That's exactly why some RPGs use 3D models for their characters. Also, with 3D, it is easier to change the cloth on the character.

13. Hellbokos

Hellbokos New Member

You know thats not actually the case.
    Well, it is 100 percent correct, but there is a full guide on The French guide on this topic.
    You see, say you want to have a model perform an animation such as a throw. What you would do is simply create your model in 5 different states. You would create it on the applicable software. This can be located on the french forums. As can a working link to a weapon editing site. It is all in french though so you might have to do a bit of translation work.

Now, its not simple by any means, but it is alot easier and alot more user friendly. The only downside to using this application is the fact that the character models you create can tend to be a little more detailed and slightly larger than your average character on arcanum. You can of course change the size on world ed but the detail on your character can stand out slightly.
    Anyway, id advise you all to check out the french site if your interested.

14. xento

xento New Member

In order to cut down the detail, one could first import all the to-be-sprite images into Photoshop (or Paint.Net, GIMP, etc.) and add two or three low-radius blurring filters.

15. mathboy

mathboy New Member

http://arcanum.multani.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3403 My e-mail address is mathboy@terra-arcanum.com

Can't you post links to at least the post about making characters? I know a bit of french, I was actually surprised by the fact that I understood most of the post in the link above. But I don't know enough to be able to find a thread about a specific issue there.

So link to it, and send me the mod, and I'll check it out and upload it in the downloads section here.

16. TONGSyaBASS

TONGSyaBASS Member

The French site being Arcanum Labs?

Could you please point me to the specific pages?
    I've looked through Arcanum Labs with Babel and never really found anything new.

If there are any other handy programs or information which cannot be found here, please let us know about it.

Also, can anyone here read this?
    http://www.arcanumclub.ru/autohtml0.php ... 3_dat.html
    If so, any chance you could check if there is anything useful there?

EDIT: Mathboy beat me to the post.

17. FFR Ultima Weapon

FFR Ultima Weapon New Member

18. TONGSyaBASS

TONGSyaBASS Member

For future reference:

Hellbokos was lying and was soon banned.

An automated isometric sprite maker will probably never exist but feel free to prove me wrong...please.

19. Zebulin

Zebulin New Member

banned for lying? how do we know he wasn't simply wrong?

20. mathboy

mathboy New Member

Hellbokos is FFR Ultima Weapon.

If you visited the General Discussion part of this forum, you'd find a lot of drama about him tracking down members of the forum posted by accounts he made after being banned. If you were unrightfully banned from a forum, would you start talking about tracking down members, or try to prove yourself to be right?

If you didn't visit the General Discussion, consider yourself lucky.

Our Host!