Virgil the Pervert

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by DarkUnderlord, Sep 23, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

How was your perve with Virgil the Pervert?

1. Die Virgil die!!! Ahahah! This mod is great!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. It's pretty darned good.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I found it kind of average actually.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I didn't find it all that good.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I don't like Virgil, and I don't like this mod.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Created by: Maniac.
    Download: virgil_the_pervert.zip (1.04 mb)

A mini-mod for Arcanum. I made this mod in the name of Anti Virgil the Pervert club. The mod is very small and is more for fun and stress relief than for serious gameplay. This is my first attempt at modding so don't expect anything special. I spent lots of time playtesting it but bugs may still occur so if you notice any please let me know.

ATTENTION! Virgil fans might take offense playing this mod so if you're one of them then don't play it.

2. Maniac

Maniac New Member

Love it! Just lov...wait a minute...

Damn...Forgot to log on my other account... :roll:

3. Snobothehobo

Snobothehobo Member

Uhh..I forgot who made this mod..do you know?

4. xento

xento New Member

Well, I think it is kind of stupid.. no offence, but it is so short...

5. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Hence VtP ver. 2.0, which should hopefully hit the net whenever Maniac actually finishes it! :D

6. Maniac

Maniac New Member

Well it wasn't meant for long gameplay. Just a "stress reliever".

And I don't think I am making version 2.0 :( The community is very unsupportive to modders...I ain't saying this because some say my mod sucks. But well I am modding for Morrowind and the community there is wonderful! Here though only my friends said some good words (probably just to make me feel better...) about my mod (I know it ain't super but Virgil is the most infamous NPC in the game). If I did a similar mod with Fargoth (infamous NPC of Morrowind) for Morrowind many players would probably worship me for such a small mod...I don't ask to worship me. Just be more supportive. WorldEd is far from a user friendly program (same with MonkeyScriptEd) and I ain't making the mods for myself. I am making them for you, the players. I ask you to support me with ideas, bug reports, suggestions, help offers or just a simple "Good work! Keep it up." I didn't receive any of these (well maybe some from my friends) nor did any other modders I think. It might seem unimportant but it really gives the strenght to continue working. Now go away flame me... :(

7. DarkUnderlord

Why? When I completely agree with you :nod:

8. Maniac

Maniac New Member

Much obliged fellow modder.

BTW I players, you should have stopped complaining about my mod being too small and started making suggestions for VTP 2.0 which would have been average sized. Now I doubt someone could make me mod for Arcanum again.

9. Snobothehobo

Snobothehobo Member

Maniac, your mod sounds good, and I downloaded it, but I couldn't play it! :-? Sounds real good though!

10. Maniac

Maniac New Member

Hmmm...darn...you're the first to have this problem...maybe you haven't patched Arcanum?
    Thanks for the kind word though :wink: I'll warn you - it's very short but for Virgil haters it's real fun and great stress relief...well it at least is like that for me :D

11. starchybean

starchybean New Member

Virgil is the ULTIMATE rpg perv... you never know what he is doin under those robes of his... :hippy:

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

...!...Maniac, the best thing a modder can do is to follow his heart. Despite what the cricits say (Critics...Cricits, whatever, they're all the same!) it really depends on what YOU want to do.

One day I had a grand vision (Just like all my other games, Half-Life, Arcanum, and....Forgot) of a mod for Arcanum, Multiplayer, called RolePLay. It was teh grandest idea! I had it mostly figured out. As I went on I added things to it, more new ideas, and that kept me going. I'm still working on it now! It's ready for just the RolePLay part, however, I came to adding a quest for those bored of roleplaying, kinda to keep them to the Server. In NPC Town...*blah.wav*

My point is, if you loose interest in your mod, forget it. If you think your mod will be a pioneering and revolutionize game-play (Like the first ever RolePlay map! YAY!) then go for it, it's you who makes your decisions, not the crowd of modders ready to pour hot liquid and sprinkle you with Cheese's decision.

Your will, is your way!! Unfortunatly...Ahem

13. xento

xento New Member

I would try to make a vtp mod myself, but I would never forgive myself from all the "nasty" words I would have to use to make it right.

14. Ray Stryke

Ray Stryke New Member

Hmmmm, Ive had that problem before, what I did to fix my problem, was go into the mod's folder, and deleted all the files/folders in there after I compressed it into a .dat, and then the thing ran fine (as far as I know)

Edit: ...hmmmm, so I may be a little new to this thing you call "quote"...

15. DarkUnderlord

Odd, the code looks correct. I wonder why it didn't work?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I unzipped it, but when I unzipped it..NO DAT FILE!! Just a readme!!

*I swear I'm not gravedigging!*

Snobo (Maniac, sorry if some people discourage you, but keep on trying, I always do. But wait. I'm a hobo..ah, forget it..just keep trying :) )

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Finally got it working. GREAT mod Maniac! Very fun and stress relieving!

18. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

I'm slightly less than amused by your obnoxious gravedigging, but then again, this is a slow forum.

19. King_Natstar

King_Natstar New Member

20. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

WooHoo This moule RULES @$$, and by that i mean ASS

I'm not sure who i got the @$$ from, but it was on this forum, hmmm.

Our Host!