Victoria's Secret, what the hell?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Snowmane, Nov 9, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Why not?

I really don't understand the attack on Sigurd by you, Blinky. Where did you get the rascist comment from? (headbutting niggers)

2. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Just a play off the a stereotypical Sicilian attitude, which is fairly racist. It was stupid, and I thought the sarcasm was evident enough that no one would take it seriously. I hope I wasn't mistaken. That said... Sigurd, you suck.

3. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

My friend made me want to punch her today. After saying that she hates it when people joke that she's smart because she's an asian and stuff like that, she said that another person we know "smells like a nigger." I told her that I thought what she said was a horrible thing to say and she responded by saying, "well I don't mind if people call me a chink jokingly, ya know? hehe hehe" Goddamn she annoys me.

4. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

You should have playfully slapped her tit. That would have been hot to see.

5. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

When I'm angry I strike hard objects until my hands bleed or the object breaks, or both. That's when I'm ANGRY, I haven't felt like that since January, and that was the first time in years. So when people say I'm angry, maybe I am, but it doesn't seem like much to me.

I actually thought what you said was fairly funny. It occasioned a slight twisting of the lips, which is more than expected under the circumstances. Yes, the stereotypical Sicilian is very racist. Stereotypically, Sicilians hate all other ethnic groups, including Calabresi, who live right next door, so to speak. And most other Italians hate Sicilians.
    As far as Sicilians who were born in America, the racisim is much less pronounced. In my case, I'm not so much racist as "prejudiced against certain people groups (not limited to ethnic people groups) in a general sense due to many bad experiences with such and few good." In other words, if I see a black guy wearing huge pants, a puffy jacket with a fur hood, immaculate Timberlands (which should NEVER be immaculate) and walking like a bowlegged cripple, I immediately dislike him. Not that I try to start a fight, but I curl my lip in distaste. It's not like I made a concious decision to dislike these fools, it's just that I've had so many bad experiences with similar characters that I am instinctively ready for them to be assholes.
    That said, I have a few friends (good friends) who would fit the above description except for walking like a cripple (although they do walk slowly, which I mock them for). All this to say that I can accept most people on a case-by-case bases, but there are certain ethnic (aforementioned "ghetto" black men and all Indian men) and cultural groups (such as hippies, upper-class whites, and rich, blowout-sporting Italians from Long Island who've lost their culture and listen to excessive rap music while being closet racists) that I automatically despise based on long experience, but I will make exceptions if they prove my experiences otherwise.

6. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

7. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

8. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

There's 2 things I hate in this world:

1. Racism.
    2. Niggers on the beach.

9. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

This forum is officially no longer funny.

"Nigger" jokes are not very funny in my opinion. Racism is only mildly humorous in certain joking situations, and only because the concept is so ludicrous and ignorant. So its really not racism thats funny, its the uninhibited ignorance of it. That said, I think the fact that certain people keep coming back to this type of "humor" is slightly disturbing, and could be little more than an excuse to express hostile, and offensive opinions under the guise of humor. Or may be I'm over analysing this.

Either way, you're all a bunch of phonies, and this topic has become really annoying and immature.

10. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Good, because being officially cool means we're too mainstream for my liking.

11. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Sleek Jeek, Creator of Victimology.

Hey, I'm not racist. I think every body should own at least one or two. Ok, I'm done.

12. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

For some reason, that was much funnier than the previous jokes about african americans.

I don't think its necessarily bad to joke about such things... the last few posts just seemed like too much violence, and not enough point.

It can go the other way though. This little prick on my track team in High School would always make fun of certain people for being white stereotypes or whatnot, and I'd sort of go along with it etc. Then one day I was jumping rope for sprinting practice (good god, I did sprinting instead of Long Distance senior year... what a joke... sprinting is lame) and he came around a corner and I accidentally whipped him with my jump rope. His reaction? "Damn man, watch where you're whipping that thing!" my response? "Hahaha, its just like if I had you working on my plantation!" He got all pissed off, which was really obnoxious, because its not like we weren't on joking terms etc. I think he realized how ludicrous it would be to be pissed off at me about it after a few minutes... I think he was more offended by the fact that everyone jumping rope was laughing their arses off.

I'll shut up now.

13. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

i would have laughed... and just for the record, i hate nigger-speak.

14. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

That comment was genuinely racist though! "I hate nigger speak" is a lot different from my joke at track practise. You imply that all "niggers" speak the same way, I said I'd whip him if he was my slave. Your comment is in relation to a way that people choose to live in a free society, my comment was making fun of a historically tragic situation that was forced upon a group of people by another people.

15. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

no, i did not imply that all blacks speak one way. i said i hate nigger speak. only niggers speak ebonics, and i don't hate them, i hate their slang. and i feel perfectly qualified to use the term "nigger", having been called cracker, whitey, trailer trash, and made fun of for my "southern-fried redneck accent". if they can make fun of me, i can make fun of them. besides, blacks are the only one who make a big deal about it. when my husband calls me his redneck sweetie, i tell him to take his wet back home to Mexico... you just have to keep things in perspective.

16. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

Yes of course. You're correct. You're from the south, therefore its ok for you to be racist. You fucking genius.

17. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

18. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

Get off the beach, god dammit!

19. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

You...are...such...a...fucking...BITCH! Everytime I think that maybe you really aren't a fifty-yearold feminist hippie from Massachusets, you say something like that to prove me wrong.

Nigger-speak is not a natural thing. It's affected. Just like all the other ridiculous nigger nonsense, like: walking like a cripple or an old cowboy; pretending you're tough but not being man enough to fight with your own two hands; wearing the most impractical clothes ever made (how the hell are you supposed to run from the cops wearing giant pants that are halfway down your ass?); and acting like a victim just because you have more melanin than white people.

20. Sea Dog

Sea Dog New Member

I gto the impression he was joking because it was a reply to Rosie's joke and only someone who was really, really thick would answer that seriously,

Our Host!