VFX SEMI: Teudogar Ravenfeeder VS Poppy "Popinjay"

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Wolfsbane, Oct 12, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Brothers and Sisters! Children of God! Viewers of VFX! I say: AAREE YOUU READYYYY?!?

[The underground VFX studio lights up with all sorts of highly costsome special-effects. There's fire, explosions, smoke, lasers, rock-hard music, and, well, you get the idea. Reverend "Dropkick" McMurphy steps out of the chaos through a medieval-looking archway and gives the camera a thumbs-up.]

Welcome, all ye faithful, to the first game of the VFX Semis! I say, have we got something stored for you folks tonight! Not only do we have two of the most badass fighters left, but also an arena as awesome as you've never even dreamed of! But, before I get ahead of myself, let's introduce the champions! First, let me hear it for our fiery madame from the pits down below; the Flame Fatale! Let's hear it fooor Poppy "Popinjay" Jeremiah! AAAW! Yes! That's what I'm talking about! Can I get an amen? Can ya say Hallelujah? And now, give it up for the berserker brute of the north; The Teutonic Terror! Give it up fooor Teudogar Ravanfeeder! Ah! Oh! I hear your Amen! Yes, gimme that Hallelujah!

And now, without further ado, let me introduce you to tonights arena:

THE GREAT CHEOPS PYRAMID

[​IMG]

Out in the heathen lands of Egypt lies this, the oldest of mans seven wonders. There are 2,3 MILLION blocks of stone here, folks, and each and every one of them weighs no less than 2500 kilos. Needless to say, the Cheops is one of the greatest monuments ever built by men, the secrets of it's construction hidden from even the best of engineers today. This beauty of a building was the tallest building in the world for almost 4000 years, bested finally by the Strasbourg Cathedral in the fifteenth century.
    But there are other things to consider than mundane history when it comes to this place. Some say that the spirit guardians of old still linger in this place, and that unwary adventurers may fall victim to their murderous intentions. Others say that ancient creatures dwell in dark, unfound tunnels and chambers deep beneath the surface, waiting to be released onto the world. There are even those who believe that aliens live here and use the pyramid as a navigational tool in their journeys through space, but they're mostly considered to be nuts.
    Whatever the truth might be, there is only one thing that's certain: The Cheops pyramid (and the tourists and archeologists found there) will never be the same after this fight.

Allright! With that, let's start the fight up! SO, I HEREBY PRONOUNCE THE OPENING OF THE VFX SEMIS! LET! THERE! BE! BLOOD! BEGIN!

(You have until late Sunday to smash the pyramid (and eachother) to splinters. Have fun :) )

2. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Poppy looks up at the pyramid and whistles appreciatively. "Now this is more like it," she says with a smirk, stretching mightily.

Aware of the morning heat, she sheds her jacket and waistcoat, folding them carefully and leaving them on a rock for later retrieval. The crimson runes running down her arms pulse slightly, glowing through her shirt.

"Now, if I were a berserker, what would really piss me off?"

She smirks, and pops away...

...reappearing at the very apex of the pyramid, standing tall and arrogant. "Come out, come out, wherever you are! Come to me, little mouse!"

"A bold first move from the flame fatale! Ain't many people out there with the balls to harass a berserker!"

"Ain't that the truth, Rev! Last time I saw someone try that lil' trick, they got squashed like a bug!"

3. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    It was confusing. Combat should be a straightforward matter - locate enemy/innocent bystander/friend you didn't like that much anyway, and apply sword. As far as Teudogar was concerned, that was the order of the world.

Now, when a comely young lass took off her clothes, it usually meant that a wholly different kind of swordsmanship was about to commence, and it had surprised him greatly when a bystander (now sifting through the sand for his teeth) had urged him to unsheath the right sword.

Not only a wench, but a witch, the girl vanished from sight, only to reappear atop one of the strange tetrahedrons cluttering the desert, insulting his manhood. The taunt had its intended effect, and in a bloodboiling frenzy the berserker ran up the slope of the pyramid with blinding speed, hewing his mighty sword at the insolent and frigid one astride its pointed top.

4. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

"Ohshit..."

Popinjay flings herself to the side just in time to avoid the initial charge of the berserker. Usually blokes that big were kinda slow, but he was as fast as hell! Plus he seemed to have misinterpreted her removal of her jacket as overtures to something else entirely...

"Maybe not the best idea I've had this week," she admits to anybody who might be listening. She gathers her strength and hurls a couple of firebolts at the berserker, before leaping backwards of the side of the period and popping herself to the sand below.

5. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Suddenly something went horribly wrong. He'd planned it so well - run up the strange triangle building, cut bitch in half, probably shatter the top of the building in the process and then have a nice big mug of frothing ale someplace where the temperatures were more reasonable.
    He'd almost reached the top, when the pungent little dyke had thrown fireballs at him, which had all hit him the way freight trains hit cliff faces.

ODIN'S SHIT-SMEARED BALLS!

He was falling down the pyramid now, a process which wasn't made easier by the fact that it was essentially designed like an endless flight of stairs. His great bulk tumbled down the stonework, the archeologists in the crowd weeping bitter tears of blood for every stone-shattering thump and crash.

After what seemed like an eternity, a bruised Teudogar covered in stone dust finally collapsed onto the sand below, where he found gravity to be a fair bit more accomodating.

The groan he let out could was that of a man experiencing the worst headache in the world, which it actually was.

In his broken state, he registered that the sand was shifting and moving slightly below his soar back, and swollen earlobes detected muffled sounds, very much like those one might expect from a sorceress who had chosen to teleport herself into the very trajectory of the hulking brute she'd helped to topple down from a pyramid.

So he promptly clambered back to his feet, spat out a chunk of pyramid the size of a fist, and punched her in the face.

6. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

The unexpected fist to the face sent her skidding across the ground on her rear, the entire right side of her face blazing in pain. Still, at least he hadn't managed to get her nose...

"Son of a ba'atezu whore!" she manages as she comes to a stop. "I'll sap the strength from your bones and kill you like you were a helpless child!"

Her fingers flicker rapidly in a strange pattern, weaving a large web of energy that would wrap around her for and drain his strength. He was going to regret that. She finishes the pattern and the giant hex faded from sight, forming an invisible barrier between her and the berserker.

7. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

As expected, the great barbarian charges straight into the hidden hex, which flares and wrappes dull crimson tendrils around his body, sapping the strength from his bones. His sword is the first thing he abandons, too heavy for him to even drag. His battered armour goes next, a few pieces of tattered leather lying sadly in the sand.

The barbarian curses wildly in his own primitive language, and she smirks. This one was going to die slowly - a cut for every moment of pain. She would not do him the honour of saving his soul. That would fall down to hell through the weight of his deeds.

She pops behind the barbarian and slashes expertly at the back of his leg, hamstringing him. Before he can retaliate, she pops a couple of feet to the side and hamstrings his other leg. Now that he was pretty much crippled, she could take her time.

"What is that, death by a thousand cuts?"

"One thousand and twelve so far, Rev. I think our lil' firecracker is pretty pissed off."

"Oh, she is making pretty glowing marks again!"

"For crying out loud, Natacha..."

Poppy pants wildly, covered in the blood of her foe, her daggers dulled almost to bluntness. Somehow the mutilated being is still able alive, barely able to beathe through the tattered remnants of his throat.

"Bye-bye," she pants, shoving one blunted dagger deep into his eye socket, finally granting him release. What awaited him would be even worse that his lingering death.

"I fucking hate barbarians," she gasps, limping her way towards the medics.

Our Host!