VFX: Draxius VS Pendelberry Gray

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Wolfsbane, Mar 23, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

The commercial break ends, and the VFX logo explodes back into sight in a chorus of power-metal awesomeness. Then, an animated chainsaw appears above it and cuts it in half, spraying the TV screen with blood. When the blood finally disappears, the first thing the viewers get to meet is the solemn face of Reverend "Dropkick" McMurphy.

Evenin there, folks, and welcome back to the VFX, he says, quietly, As you might or might not understand, we've gotten ourselves into some problems with several important political players after the Teudogar-Tycho fight, including the Vatican, several nations and an ocean of extremist cults. Now, there's no reason to be alarmed; the VFX will continue as always. Because, fortunetly for us, say thank you my Lord and God, we've gotten us quite a fanbase as well, and one ofthese fans has allowed us to broadcast from his cellar! But, 'nuff about that! Let's go right ahead and introduce tonight's show! Zeke, will you do us the honor?

I'll be damned if I don't, Dropkick! Man, todays fight really is a special one; not just because of the fighters (who're as awesome a an entire fuckin plutoon of blackops, dammit!) but because of the ARENA! I used to work there once upon a time, see, and I'm tellin' you there no end to the wierdness

At this point, Dropkick breaks in.

Yes, uh, I'm sure we'd all love to listen to your monolouge about that place, Zeke, but I'm also sure that we'd like to do so another time. Now, would you please introduce the combatants?

Yes, sorry 'bout that. Just got so worked up because of all them memories. But, yes, let's introduce the fighters! Ladies and gentlemen! The gladiators of today's fight may very well prove to be the awesomest pair we've seen so far in the tournament! The first one is a creature of the shadows, more cunning and dangerous than any Vietcong bastard I've ever heard about! The creature has more mental power than a house filled with angry Rasputins, and today it'll unleash everything it's got simply to entertain you (and kill it's opponent, too)! Let's hear it for the resident Brain Buster, Drrrrrrrraxius!!!

Our second fighter is a man of mystery! Having travelled to us through time, this man combines the best of the past and the future in the ways of weapons and style! A man who can slow down time needs no further introduction than "badass" anyway, ladies and gentlemen, so clap your hands and fire your guns (in case you're mexicans) for Pendelberry Gray!!!

Now, it's finally time for the arena! I'll go ahead and introduce it without further talk! Welcome, combatants, to:

AREA 51

[​IMG]

It's been called many things through the ages. Dreamland, Paradise Ranch and The Skunkworks are just a few of the multitude of names for this place, located out in Groom Lake in the Nevada desert. This place is so secretive that people actually rejected it as a myth until google earth was invented. It's surrounded with so many rumours of UFO activity that you could fill libraries with them. There's no telling what awesome (or wierd) technological gadgets could be found in there, and what their discovery might mean for the fight (or the world for that matter). If it's secret tunnels and dark storage rooms you're looking for, it's area 51 you want to go to. This, with the addition of an army of highly trained semi-blackops guards, will make this arena (or area uhuh) one of the greatest ones yet! Now, let's quit all the talking, ladies and gentlemen, for talk is for the weak, and get down to business! Fighters! On my mark! BEEEEEEEE.... GIN!

(You have until late Wednesday. Have fun :) )

2. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

After the helicopter had dropped him off by one of the buildings, he began to use his telepathic powers to scan the area for his opponent and for the guards as well. He senses that Pendelberry is close, but probably hiding. Now there is a good chance that he will try to get a good shot at him, from a safe distance. To prevent that from happening, Draxius enteres one of the buildings. In the hall there are some people at the desk, asking him what he is doing here.

What I am doing here? Oh...nothing...Just doing this! With these words, he uses his telepathic powers to dominate them into submission.

Then there came some guards, who are patrolling this part of the building, but Draxius commanded his dominated thralls to throw themselves on the guards. Using this diversion, he cast the foul spell Soul Razor upon them. The soul razor came out of nowhere and chopped the guards all up, into little pieces. After the slaughter, there were bodies, limbs, gore, entrails, and heads everywhere. Pools of blood painted the floor all red. The guards killed the dominated thralls, but they are expandable.

Thank you my Lord and God, for the fun has started.

3. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

((Your timing is impeccably bad, Wolfsbane, I won't be able to get good grips at a computer for around two days after this. I may be able to fly tomorrow night (in my Atlantic Standard Time lateness, not your Swedish lateness), but other than that, you picked an amazing time for me NOT to be able to post. At any rate, I'll try, though I wish you'd extend it a bit. D: ))

The battlefield was strangely silent. Odd, it seemed, considering that there was supposed to be a time travelling musketeer somewhere around here. Perhaps Draxius had just scored an easy win.

This was, sadly, not to be. Pendleberry was actually currently in the past, setting his time belt to go to the future (the present), so that he could pop in to an already built base, completely overriding security functions in all the good spots. Pendleberry was quite a bit more subtle than his opponent.

This is what he was thinking as he flew the alien maurader fight out of the hangar and began firing experimental plasma torpedoes at random into the other buildings.

God be damned, it looks like the bastard has been behind enemy lines all along! That man knows how to carpet bomb an installation!

Pendleberry's barrage was rapidly approaching Draxius's position.

4. Wolfsbane

This fight is prolonged to late friday due to the lack of posts.

5. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

((Thanks Bane. Now Arthgon, it is your turn. :O ))

6. Arthgon

[Off topic] Sorry that it took so long, but I had to go to the hospital, because of a broken hand. My internet was acting weird as well. Fortunately, I can write with my left hand, and my internet is working again.]

[On topic]
    Now that the path is clear, Draxius got unharmed to the West Wing. Once there, he opened one of the doors and went inside. It was an armory and many of the weapons were top secret. A group of scientists tried to stop him but he used his telepathic powers to dominate them. Then he commanded them to kill each other. Only one survived the battle, but Draxius grabbed him, and sucked out his brains.

Yum… that tastes like chicken.

Suddenly he heard an explosion in the distance. Using his telepathic powers, he sensed that his opponent was near all that time.

Good, you are finally here. he said and grabbed a plasma rocket launcher as he teleported out of the building.

Outside he saw a plane coming. Now he knew that his opponent must be in that plane.
    Let me give you some of your own medicine. SHOWTIME! And with these words he launched a plasma rocket at the cockpit of the incoming plane.

7. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

Pendleberry barely had time to register the plasma rocket was coming. Luckily for him, time was always on his side. He slowed the flow of time and began scrambling to open the cockpit in mid-air. The rocket glided in a steady pace towards him. The door wasn't opening! He kicked through the glass, shards slowing in midair as they escaped the sanctity of his time bubble. He jumped out just before the rocket struck, blasting the ship into tiny fragments and sending him spiraling to the ground. Trees were viciously not present on this base, so his body hit the ground hard.

He looked up after a moment. His opponent was up ahead, in the midst of the flames, with a rocket launcher. He knew what to do (and it didn't even involve a cup). He stood up, drew his sword, and prepared to charge.

8. Arthgon

Draxius looks up and saw that the plane was hit and destroyed. Now that the plane was down, he needs the rocket launcher no more. He drops it and scans the area. Suddenly it became clear that his opponent had survived the attack. Knowing that Pendleberry can slow the time, he casts Speed on himself to counter it. After that he summons a Fire Vampire to hold up his opponent. While the Fire Vampire attacks, he cast a vile fireball upon Pendleberry.

9. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

The heat from the fireball scorched Pendleberry's sideburns. The Mindflayer had sent a demon of some sort after him. He drew his musket, firing several shots into the fire vampire in the hopes that it might have some effect. Then, with a leaping bound, he hopped over the vampire's head, slashing at Draxius's tentacles with his beam rapier. He was upset now. His burns were burned.

10. Arthgon

The blade slashes his arm open. Wounded and bleeding, he teleports to a safe distance from Pendleberry. There he saw that some guards are coming out of a building. With a cruel smile, he casts Dominate upon them. Then he commands the guards to attack his opponent.

11. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

There were three of them. Pendleberry fired the last two shots of his musket into two of their foreheads. The last one took a slash across the gut with his beam rapier. The Musketeer holstered the firearm, never taking his eyes off of the Mindflayer.

"Let us fight like true men, mon ami," he said, drawing a second beam rapier and tossing it to his opponent. "We will see who truly is ze best warrior."

With that, Pendleberry charged forth, beam rapier at the ready.

12. Arthgon

He catches the tossed rapier from the air with ease. Seeing that his opponent comes closer, he casts Slow upon Pendleberry. Now he can defence himself with magic and this weapon.

13. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

Pendleberry leaped forth, sending a few fancy shots at his opponent in the hopes of drawing him in. He knew this one had too much in the way of reflexes and intellect to be tricked too easily, however, so he would have to pull out a few scrappy moves himself.

Suddenly, he felt his limbs tense up. The beast had cast some sort of spell on him, slowing him down! This was not fighting like men! The musketeer was quite upset at this turn of affairs. He'd have to play like a cheap bastard himself!

This would take timing. His time belt was equipped with a (rather ironically named) time lock, which would lock it in place on whatever it was clasping onto. By reversing the polarity of the belt, he could create a time bubble which would speed up time in a specific bubble by vast amounts, while leaving the rest of the universe's time at a specific level. The result was that the time belt would leave anything inside of trapped in a separate bubble of time, the effect making them slower rather than faster. Usually, Pendleberry spent his time in the future after the end of civilization, utilizing this feature (along with the eternal life serum he'd picked up in 3840 AD) to spend countless years training his combat skills. This time, he would use it to bring quick decay to Draxius.

Setting the timer for the time lock (which was actually several hours, but would really only seem like a couple seconds), Pendleberry activated the bubble and tossed the belt at Draxius in the same motion. With any luck, the thing would latch itself onto the freak until the time lock wore off.

In the mean time, Pendleberry would be sprinting off for the nearest bunker, reloading his musket as he went.

14. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

Instinct was a cunning thing. In most cases, it saved the lives of combatants. In Draxius's case, it brought about a horrifying end. His arm moved up to block the time belt, and it locked around his forearm, trapping him in a bubble of time. Very rapidly, Pendleberry watched the Mindflayer begin to wither and die. At first, change to the Mindflayer himself was unnoticable, even though the dust around him settled suddenly and the cement crackled away. The beamsword ran out of energy. Draxius's clothes fell apart. He began to age. His skin greyed, and he fell, starved to death. His corpse had fully decayed by the time the one hundred year time lock snapped open, setting the time belt back to default functions.

Pendleberry gave a curt fist pump, took his time belt, and warped to a distant future wherein some form of public transport might pick him up. By his actual count, it would be about twenty years until his next battle.

15. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

16. Arthgon

17. The_Bob

The_Bob Administrator Staff Member

He was probably talking about you.

18. Arthgon

DU: Could you explain about that?

19. Wolfsbane