Vampire Hunters

Discussion in 'Vampire Discussion' started by Rosselli, May 5, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

What exactly are the vampire hunters in the Masquerade mythos? When I first read that they would be the OpFor in multiplayer, I figured they were just humans with lots of anti-vampire weapons and supernatural powers (as hinted by the official site), but then IGN had this to say:
    So does this mean that the vampire hunters are undead? What are they then?

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Don't knowing shit about the Masquerade setting, I threw a quick glance at Google, spotting this:

Original Page

... I think "undead killers" simply mean that those fellows like to squish the brains of the living dead. :smash:

3. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

Hmmm....I guess I didn't look at it that way. I assumed that undead was the modifying adverb, not the subject.

4. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

It's my guess that we will have classes and types of vampires including their set skills/powers in multiplayer. Nothing else. Another thing to ponder upon is some of the powers, like slowing down time (bullet time in other words) or 3rd person perspective. Those will probably not available since there is no way you can succesfully make them work in mp.

5. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

I'm pretty sure there will be human vampire hunters. From the official website:
    So, humans will definitely be a choice. Further down the page:
    Sounds pretty damn cool, and unique. If the vampires really don't get to use any weapons, I will be very happy, because that's awesome and hasn't really been done before. Either superpowers or weapons and weaker super-powers. I can't wait.
    By the way, does anyone know anything more about the Society of Leopold or Numina? I've looked on the official White Wolf site, but they only have details about the Clans.

6. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

Time slows down for everyone, and the mouse scroll, and movement speed changes for everyone based on what their level is with that skill. No skill points in that area? Your mouse scrolls like you're submerged in wet cement, whoever had the most points in the skill would be able to use it to full effect, and move normally, while those with slightly fewer points would feel a slight slow down, but wouldnt be as badly affected as the person with no points at all.

7. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

That could work, except it would probably unbalance the game tremendously. I really really want to try out the Potence Discipline, in which the vampire has superhuman strength. The idea of picking up a car and tossing it into a group of policemen give me a boner.

8. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

They could always make it so it was only a very slight slow down for otehr players, vampires should be naturally agile anyway. A slight slowdown might not unbalance it that badly, and if it was a really hard thing to charge up and only lasted a short period it could make usage very strategic, instead of like, max payne, where I just used it every 5 seconds... which probably added a lot to the total game time now that i think about it, lol.

9. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

They wouldn't even need to make it short and charged, since it relies on blood points, and there probably won't be much feeding done in multiplayer, a player could only use the power a few times anyway.

10. Red Gaki

Red Gaki New Member

I think it might be refering to the Hunter: the reckonging hunters
    For more info check out the interplay site (they butchered this idea almost as badly as they smashed up fallout)
    BTW this is White wolf canon the Hunter: the reckoning hunters are part of the World of Darkness and are nowhere near as twinkish as people usually see them to be

Our Host!