Using my |337 H4

Discussion in 'Vault of Folly' started by BortiiS_VoN_BortiiS, Jan 5, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BortiiS_VoN_BortiiS

    BortiiS_VoN_BortiiS New Member

    Messages:
    38
    Likes Received:
    0
    Joined:
    Dec 24, 2001
    I don't get it, this Arcanum forum.

    Jinxed (the new moderator) wrote this to me:
    -"I'm here, trying to be as open minded to everything I read as I can. I ask for people's opinions about other users as well. This forum has one of the most decent bunch of people the Arcanum community has ever seen."-

    But, then, just previously, he wrote:
    -"This is your fucking opinion. We are pointing out the REAL truth behind people's actions."-

    HAHAHAH!!!

    -"When people fancy others in both genders thay are called bisexual. What you absolutely fail to understand is that they exist. All your ramblings and stupid examples all based on your mutated opinion that suffice to say, doesn't prove jackshit."

    WOW, how do you like that for "decent".
    HEY, it get's better, Jinxed then went on to write this:
    -"Are you fucking crazy??? This forum is the most forgiving and lienent forum I can think of. Neo-Communist? Do you really think that just because you have different views than us, you can go anywhere you want spit any kind of ludicrous shit in your defense, like calling us communists when we give you a warning!? You my friend, are a commercial for birth control."-

    ACTUALLY, because I do have different views, I CAN go around and spew them, "ludicrous shit" is just Jinxed opinion of them and what's with saying that I'm a commercial for birth-control?
    I thought this was the most forgiving and lenient forum! Yeah, maybe if you're a fucking Klingon, right?!
    DOH!

    JINXED also wrote this too:
    "Civil Debate? Sorry but I cannot do that with people that aren't even able to reason like a human being."

    Maybe, Jinxed really is a Klingon after all, or a fucking Orc?

    AFTER ALL THAT, he actually had the nerve to then write this:
    -"Yes that's true. We have our share of different views. We mostly work them out. If we notice that there is no further point in the argument, either someone starts joking or we drop the subject."-

    His idea of working them out is to call the other guy's view's "ludicrous shit" and then toss an insult, like,"You're a commerical for birth-control!". And it's not just an "opinion", to him, it's "your fucking opinion". And we already know he doesn't believe in a civil debate if you disagree with him.

    Jinxed also then wrote this:
    -"Another ting that is true is I don't really care whether you post here or not."-

    If I was the owner of the site and forum I would have fired him immediately for saying that. He obviously doesn't know anything about running a business.

    Jinxed stupidly wrote:
    -"There is a million other users that visit the place."-

    YEAH RIGHT, there are only 1666 users registered to post at the forum. Of that total, only 33,339 messages were posted.

    -"IIRC over one GIG of information exchange daily."-

    What is really saying, is that all the ads, banners, gifs, text, and crap, you download in viewing the site, and say, for every person they amassed 1MB of info in viewing the site, that means only 1,000+ view the site per day. And most likely, the same ol' people at that.

    Jinxed then write:
    -"Sometimes people's views tend to be so insane and completly twisted, that their point of view cannot even be tolerated."-

    What he means is, if your opinion is not the same as his, then it MUST be "insane" and "completely twisted".

    Jinxed concludes:
    -"That's why not every one qualifies for a leader."-

    Yeah, and look whose talking, I guess that "stupid", "rambling" "commercial for birth control", "jackshit", "crazy", "spitting", "shit" (and that's not even half of it) Jinxed doesn't read his own posts.

    --------------extras----------

    carlstar wrote:
    "poor BortiiS_VoN_BortiiS. alone. unable to fight back, even against you lot"

    YEAH, CUZ THE PUSSY LOCKED OUT THE FORUM, YOU NUMBNUTS.

    anachronox2 wrote:
    "*agrees with everything that etalis said*"
    Etalis said:
    "Calling people who disagree with you names is both childish AND annoying."
    THEN ETALIS SAID:
    "actually READ the goddamn posts you fucking moron" and "That would be homosexuals too, you bigot"

    (BTW, Etalis is only 15yrs. old)

    Eros Rex wrote:
    "You think Highschool and REAL LIFE are the same thing."

    This was a discussion about social homosexuality and basic Human nature, not job hunting or balancing your check book. He seemed to have gotten these things confused.
    I think he is only one year out of high school.
    Eros Rex went on to say:
    "4 years in highschool and all of a sudden you know everything about life."

    That's a pathetic philosophy of yours, Rex.

    "Who is this mythical "everyone" that you speak of? Was that "everyone" in your town? Or was that "everyone" in your state? Or was it a couple of dozen of your butt buddies? Who mean the world to you and therefore qualify as "everyone" to you?"

    I guess when you realize you haven't the ability to argue intelligently, you have to act like a smart-ass. Take Rex for example.

    Erox Rex spewed:
    "Don't try to clown me with your near sighted highschool values as a reflection of the whole world."

    If I used an story-example that took place in a high-class University, Rex would think I was a high-class University graduate. If I said the story took place in a porn studio, he would think I was a porn star. What a weak, gullible bastard.

    Eros Rex wrote a long MTV-minded/"We Are The World, We Are The Children"/"Save The Whales" speech that I didn't read, then responded with:
    "And then you flame me for my post length which your ignorant ass didn't even take the time to read.Try crawling out of your hole and breathing some real air for a change and get your nose out your ass. Just because you don't think your shit stinks doesn't mean it don't."

    WHOA! I thought he was a nice, tolerant guy! WHAT HAPPENED?!
    FORUM RAGE! FORUM RAGE! Rex then adds this hateful shit: "Yes please feel free to run along now and go sell your 10th grade logic somewhere else cause you don't have any buyers of worn outdated crap here. Adios mother fucker (puts Asshole sign too)"

    Motherfuck! This guy is going insane! Take one of your fucking liberal-wing sensitivity/anger management classes, you fucking pussy.

    Later Erox Rex puts:"Well said Etalis Craftlord , you are offically the wisest 15 year old I have yet to met."

    Which means, from Rex's "intellectual and mature" posts, he himself is probably around 11-13yrs. old.
    HAHAHAH!

    LOSERS.

    Jinxed is also a racist.
    When I told him about the offensiveness of the "No Brothas in Arcanum" post offending my race (black), he called me a fucking "mutated idiot" and joked about me being an alien. (http://www.terra-arcanum.com/phpBB/view ... orum=12&16)




    <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jinxed on 2002-03-16 14:38 ]</font>
     
  2. Wangus

    Wangus New Member

    Messages:
    156
    Likes Received:
    0
    Joined:
    Dec 30, 2001
    I must implore you sir, to not write such long rants. It becomes tedious to reply (as I've done in the suggestions board). I won't be as through as my reply in the suggestions board in the thread to announces Jinxed's new addition to the moderator team.

    True, as a worker for a business you should treat all costumers with respect. But every good owner's know when to kick out people who's removal is more rewarding than the sadness of the loss of business.

    It doesn't matter how old someone is in a subject like this. Anyone in high school can tell about the characteristics of a person even if they can't debate politics with you.

    That's wasn't so bad.

    Wangus
     
  3. colonel_mortimer

    colonel_mortimer New Member

    Messages:
    178
    Likes Received:
    0
    Joined:
    May 17, 2001
    It seems to me that there are a total of about 3 people on this board that seem to have a problem with Jinxed. To be honest I only skimmed BortiiS_VoN_BortiiS's post because I have read three other huge rants of his that had more holes in their logic than a five-pound block of Swiss cheese.

    It seems to me this guy is actually wondering why jinxed is treating him so "unfairly" and why all the others are blindly following there powerful dictator of a moderator. Well to answer you, jinxed asked you to tone it down and you did nothing but blow it out of proportion and started flaming. You have falsely dropped the race card a couple times and have given no reason why we should think that you can produce a sound argument. It seems to me that you are acting in defense and not using the intelligence needed to actually convince these people that you may have a few good points.

    Jinxed I figure you know this, but despite what happens do not delete this thread I am curious as to whether or not anyone else agrees with our friend BortiiS here.
     
  4. Eros Rex

    Eros Rex New Member

    Messages:
    267
    Likes Received:
    0
    Joined:
    Oct 28, 2001
    Hey BortiiS_VoN_BortiiS, grow up, go out, find yourself a life and THEN GO LIVE IT.

    I know being the only orphaned, red-headed stepchild in your hovel can be tough but remember "Bitter is a part of ONE" :asshole:
     
  5. Just A Geek

    Just A Geek New Member

    Messages:
    116
    Likes Received:
    0
    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2002
    Alright, I know I am still new to this particular forum, but something I've learned from other forums I've been on, if you have a problem with someone, try to talk to them directly about it. No need to drag it out into public. Usually only makes things a lot worse.
     
  6. carlstar

    carlstar New Member

    Messages:
    451
    Likes Received:
    0
    Joined:
    Dec 14, 2001
    carlstar wrote:
    "poor BortiiS_VoN_BortiiS. alone. unable to fight back, even against you lot"
    YEAH, CUZ THE PUSSY LOCKED OUT THE FORUM, YOU NUMBNUTS.

    i know what youre saying bortiis. i too thought it was lame to just lock the topic. i was wanting to hear replies from both sides. everyone should be able too view there own oppinion. otherwise why have one.
     
  7. Etalis Craftlord

    Etalis Craftlord New Member

    Messages:
    1,784
    Likes Received:
    0
    Joined:
    Sep 4, 2001
    I think it's pathetic that you persist in your feeble attempt at spreading your bigoted dogma. I don't speak "crazy bigot", but I'll just blindly assume that you agree with me as you apparently have assumed about us, and not give any evidence or arguments beyond *exactly* what you said before.
    By the way, Eros Rex was indeed in err when he said you have the worldview of a high school student. Being a high school student myself, I personally know many dozens of high school students who have a broader view of the world than you.
    I also must differ on the idea that you are an alien. Any self-respecting alien would crush you underfoot like the bug you are. Especially a Klingon. Hence, Jinxed is *not* a Klingon, or he would have hunt you down and beaten your miserable ... I'm gonna stop now.
    A few more things. *Only* a thousand visitors a day? That's not bad. What's pathetic is that you actually did the math to come up with figures like that and then expect us to agree blindly with you about something that doesn't even make *sense* - a thousand viewers a day is incredible for a website dedicated to a game that's been out for 6 months.
    One final thought: go away.
     
  8. Saint_Proverbius

    Saint_Proverbius New Member

    Messages:
    559
    Likes Received:
    0
    Joined:
    May 5, 2001
    That gerbil is great. I can't stop laughing!

    Oh, I'm not laughing with you, Borry.
     
  9. Zen

    Zen New Member

    Messages:
    457
    Likes Received:
    0
    Joined:
    May 10, 2001
    :lol:

    But I`m laughing with you S_P!!

    :grin:

    - Zen
     
  10. Sheriff Fatman

    Sheriff Fatman Active Member

    Messages:
    2,629
    Likes Received:
    0
    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2001
    Okay, my turn to be a hypocrite; I said we should ignore rants like this, but I find myself unable to do so.

    First off, Bortiis, I bestow on you the curse of the goolies! May your nads turn green and drop off after a period of prolonged pain. You admit to replying to posts which you did not read as if it is some badge of honour, when it's tantamount to saying "I don't listen to other opinions, I just loudly espouse my own."

    You should know before I reply to your post: I read it all. I also read all of your other posts on this forum, and can therefore categorically say that 2 out of the (current) 13 are free of conflict, 1 (the brothas one) is a generalised bitch (with which I happen to sympathise somewhat), 1 is a funny/controvertial post (which I don't have an issue with, particularly) about homosexuality and the other 9 involve personal attacks on other users in some form or another.

    Okay, it's pretty clear you have an issue with Jinxed. Fair enough. As well as being a moderator, he's also a user, and bound to come into conflict with other users from time to time (like Eros and myself did in another thread).

    Personally, I think he'd achieve more with less emotive posts when dealing with opinions he does not share. He knows I feel this way because, as he says, he asks for peoples opinions and feedback on his moderation of the board.

    However, if Jinxed occassionally comes across as harsh, what does that make your 69% personal attacks?

    The owner of this site is not running it as a business. He (Calis) graciously created and operates this site without personal (financial) gain. Likewise, Jinxed is a volunteer, not an employee. Similarly, all of the visitors are part of the same group of peers, not customers. We all share an interest in Arcanum and (the forum users) a desire to communicate. It is also becoming apparent that most of us share a desire for a peaceful forum, which you are currently hindering.

    Even if we did consider TA a business, it's really not likely that people would put effort into holding onto a customer who drives the other customers away. "All customers are good" is a fallacy - there are numerous valid scenarios where you can be glad to see the back of a particular client.

    That is simply not true. The part you have deliberately failed to quote is where Jinxed says "we're all part of the human race," which is a specifically non-racist viewpoint.

    The fact that you have deliberately misconstrued Jinxed's comments, and also mis-represented them with the intention of causing a racial divide is a much more suspect way of behaving in my opinion.

    I share some of your concerns about computer games in general. It seems that that most of the gaming industry presents fantasy worlds tailored towards young, white, western males. I laughed my arse off when someone here said they objected to having to play Joan of Arc for the French position in Civ3, since there was no option to play a male. There are an equal number of male and female positions in that game, compared to soooooo many games in the past where players have been forced to take male positions/characters/avatars.

    I'd like to see more diversity of race, gender, age and culture in comp gaming. Not to be politically correct, but because variety is the spice of life, and I think the current blinkered tendancies are causing us to miss out on a lot of decent stuff. My own fantasy worlds would include cultural diversity and tolerance.

    I'd be more inclined to post comments supporting your opinions if it wasn't for the insults you pay people. I don't want to risk being thought of as sympathetic to such behaviour.

    Etalis was right, it is childish and annoying. Apparently, he is not above it, although he does seem far less prone to it than you are. He's 15 yrs old, so what? Are you suggesting there is some descrimination you would like to see applied here?

    Time passes for us all at an equal rate (relativity aside). Some people mature during that time, some poeple just become more entrenched in their immaturity. I'd say Etalis is the former, not that my judgement of him should matter a squat.

    Regarding your comments to Eros. He does appear to occasionally fly off the handle. In the past he has ranted at me directly (on a very sensitive topic, admittedly), and was the original user of the permutations of Sheriff Fatass, etc, that you used so heavily a while back (he never called me cheesedick, but then he doesn't know me that well). He and I have disagreed strongly in the past, and our styles are very different, but I value him as someone to share this forum with. He clearly has a desire to contribute, some very interesting viewpoints and a sincere feeling of camaraderie for other users. He even comes up with a decent joke every now and then, although he's limited in that respect by being an American, naturally.

    Have you considered asking yourself why both Eros and I, as well as the majority of other users (apparently) have a bit of a problem with your current attitude?

    It seems to me, you came to the forum with the same good intentions everyone has. You made a few decent posts, then a few of the posts from other users caused you to fly off the handle. Why not smoke the peace pipe?

    This is a good forum, because it has some good users. If you swallowed your anger and we all agreed that this sorry episode has been a mistake born mainly of us all letting the moment get the better of us, we could have some decent times together.

    I'm not talking about whalesong and brotherly love. I'm talking about having a decent place to hang and post when you're a bit bored. I'm talking about spending your time between posts occasionally chuckling at the latest sheep-related witticism, rather than occassionally feeling the bile of the latest insult paid you.

    I'd like kick the process off by apologising for refering to you as some kind of idiot (um ... "prick" was the word I used, I think) who only turned up to cause trouble. Having read your initial posts, I realise that is just not the case. It's pretty obvious you came here intending to contribute the same as everyone else.

    Now - can we put all this crap away. I'm tired of shitting in a bag and asking others to carry it away! (sorry - IRC in joke!) I asked what your new years resolutions are and I want a damn answer!

    <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sheriff Fatman on 2002-01-05 04:15 ]</font>
     
  11. Reko Kid

    Reko Kid New Member

    Messages:
    69
    Likes Received:
    0
    Joined:
    Dec 31, 2001
    I dont think any of this is true.
    I think you just wanna make him look bad to us others, dont know why you would want to do that but... maybe it´s your sense of humor, or you maybe applied for his job, what do I know.

    But my impression of Jinxed tell me that this aint true.
     
  12. Calis

    Calis Member

    Messages:
    860
    Likes Received:
    0
    Joined:
    Apr 20, 2001
    My good man,

    You seem to have been intent on further inflammation from the very, very beginning. I think that makes you a troll, technically. Tell you what. If you start making constructive posts that respect others' opinions, they'll probably respect yours as well. And then I'll feel obliged to remove the "brain eating worms" rank, and then club Jinxed with a sock full of quarters as punishment. Until you're prepared to that... could you just stay out? Thanks.
     
  13. Zen

    Zen New Member

    Messages:
    457
    Likes Received:
    0
    Joined:
    May 10, 2001
    damn!

    Next time refer to the person you`r quting Calis!

    I`d like to see who gets the lashes straight away;not having to go look for him...

    :smile:

    - Zen
     
  14. Calis

    Calis Member

    Messages:
    860
    Likes Received:
    0
    Joined:
    Apr 20, 2001
    Who do you think it was? It was you of course, Zen. :grin:

    Nah, I think mr BortiiS over here will recognize his own quote...
     
  15. Clothos_Vermillion

    Clothos_Vermillion New Member

    Messages:
    109
    Likes Received:
    0
    Joined:
    Dec 8, 2001
    This is just for fun guys and gals! No need to make it personal or mean. Even if i disagree with someone, then i just post a reasonable response with the best logic i can muster. And if it does get personal, just ignore the person, none of us will probably ever meet in real life, so there is no need to make huge personal fights with someone, who for all you know, could be an albino stripper, frog-person from Mars.

    This is just talk and discussion and there is no need for insults, because it ruins the forum for everyone.
     
  16. Sheriff Fatman

    Sheriff Fatman Active Member

    Messages:
    2,629
    Likes Received:
    0
    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2001
    Clothos, as celebrated elsewhere on this board, I got married just before Christmas. What I may not have mentioned is that I originally met my wife on a board. I'm bloody glad I never called her any nasty names, since she is now in a perfect position to murder me while I sleep.
     
  17. slagger21

    slagger21 New Member

    Messages:
    337
    Likes Received:
    0
    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2001
    Good Luck with your Marriage Fatman ! It'll work with your humour anyway.
     
  18. Sheriff Fatman

    Sheriff Fatman Active Member

    Messages:
    2,629
    Likes Received:
    0
    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2001
    Thanks, Retard. With me as a husband, think the success of our marriage may hinge more on Lysa's sense of humour :grin:
     
  19. bryant1380

    bryant1380 New Member

    Messages:
    2,247
    Likes Received:
    0
    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2001
    Um, you're welcome?
    "doesn't know what he is being thanked for"

    edit: Dude!! I think you just called slaGg3r a retard!! :lol: Now, that's just mean. Now, call ME retard and I'll answer you. Call anyone else that, I think they'll be offended. Anyway, HE'S NOT WORTHY TO BE CALLED RETARD! Only I hold that extreme honor. he he he. Too funny.

    _________________
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

    <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: retard on 2002-01-05 06:18 ]</font>

    <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: retard on 2002-01-05 06:21 ]</font>
     
  20. slagger21

    slagger21 New Member

    Messages:
    337
    Likes Received:
    0
    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2001
    Shlagger shmartest retard in the wourld !
    Shlagger tell you 25 + 25 = 90 , no other retard tell you that !
    Shlagger know much T-A politics . Jinxed head of big gnomey council , banish big bad Ioooo to shcarey Void .....
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!