Update 45

Discussion in 'News Comments' started by Dark Elf, Mar 6, 2013.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Update by Darren Monahan, Operations Guy

Fulfillment

[​IMG]

In this week’s update, we go over a lot of different little things going on here at Obsidian. Here’s a quick teaser: I’ll be covering a brief update on fulfillment; we have another three videos of Mr. Avellone’s Let’s Play series in Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura, we’ve got some really great news for fans of Planescape: Torment (along with some sexy fan artwork to share!) and lastly, a project we backed recently that we think is pretty cool that you might too.

OK, so on to fulfillment! Let’s do this FAQ style.

Q: So, what’s happening with the backer portal?
    A: I’m personally busy putting together a whole new Project Eternity website, which includes our backer portal, RSS feeds (popular request!), as well as including information and artwork about the universe of Eternity. What we know about classes, races, the gods, and more, and this site will continue to evolve as more and more is designed and released.

It is a big job though for just little ol’ me, so it’s still going to be a few weeks as I work everything out, but we’ll keep you in the know. Oh, and backer badges come with this system as well.

The backer portal will also be a great resource for those of you in the upper tiers who are submitting item, character, or location designs. Speaking of which...!

Q: When will I be able to start submitting my item, character, or location designs?
    A: The guys have been talking quite a bit about this recently and have already started designing out the forms. Our current plan is to have those of you with those tiers be able to input them directly in our backer portal, and you can revise them at any time up to a certain point down the road (which we’ll let you all know – this point is when we would send out your text for translation, and it becomes expensive from this point to make edits.) But until then, start thinking about the concept for the thing you’d like to add! Adam will have an update on that in the coming weeks with more detail. We’d like to make sure there’s enough backstory and content available for you to draw connections from, and our new website will be the place for that.

Let's Play Arcanum: Season 0
    After the successful pilot, Chris’s playthrough of Arcanum continues, taking your comments to heart with higher resolution, less chair creaking, profanity, Virgil sass, and wolves, wolves, wolves!

Part I
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE5Wyd6XNTM[/youtube]

Part II
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgEgJSfrPj4[/youtube]

Part III
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7USjNHHfb6M[/youtube]

InXile Announces Torment: Tides of Numenera!
    If you missed Monday’s announcement by the good folks at InXile, Brian Fargo and crew announced their new Kickstarter project opening tomorrow called Torment: Tides of Numenera. That name may sound oddly familiar, yes! They are making a spiritual successor to the beloved Planescape: Torment. We seriously couldn’t control ourselves here guys, and had to make sure all of you knew about it too as fans of the genre!

[​IMG]

We encourage you to check out their website and check in tomorrow to see their new video.

...and that’s not all in Torment news. Incredible artist John Crowcraft sent us some beautiful fanart canvases that we had to share with all of you.

[​IMG]  [​IMG]  [​IMG]  [​IMG]  [​IMG]

Egads!
    OK, so I’m not entirely sure how "egads" fits into this update exactly other than to fill the "E" slot in this update title’s FATE acronym, but I digress. One last quick item we wanted to tell you about was a project we "Kicked it Forward" on that we think looks fun and interesting for those of you who like table top dice games. It’s called Dungeon Roll – A Dicey Dungeon Delve. Check it out!

[​IMG]

Until next week,

-Darren, seeker of Kerfluffleupogus.

2. Transparent Painting

Transparent Painting Well-Known Member

That Numeria-thing sounds interesting. Will most likely pledge a currently unknown amount of digital money as soon as they have set up that part of the website.

Our Host!