Update #26 - Commonly Asked Questions for the Backer Portal

Discussion in 'News Comments' started by Dark Elf, Apr 2, 2017.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Hi everyone! We are currently receiving a large amount of questions regarding our Backer Portal, coupons, and rewards, and are working our hardest to respond to every message received. This week's update will cover a bunch of the commonly asked questions sent to us, and some additional information for high tier backers. But first, an updated list of our totals so far:

• Slacker Backers - Our current total from Slacker Backers on Fig is ~$99,086. We're almost at $100k raised from Fig Slacker Backers!
      • If you still want to back via Fig, click the green 'Slacker Backer Pledge' button.
    • Backer Portal - Our current total from the Backer Portal (Stripe & PayPal) is ~$110,095.
    That puts our Slacker Backer total at $209,181, and our total earnings at ~$4.62M. There are only 28 days remaining until we stop taking Slacker Backers! Don't you want sea monsters and fishing in Pillars II? We do! Help us reach $4.75M.

[​IMG]

Commonly Asked Questions

Q: I pledged for the game, but the only available items are the Tyranny Coupon and "Cooking with Tim, Vol. 1". Why is that?

A: Cooking with Tim, Vol. 1 and the Tyranny coupons are the only available items at this time. These are the only things that will show up in the Products Tab of your Account Profile. When everything else releases with Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire next year, your other items will show up in your Products Tab. To see what you will be getting with your Order, you can check the order details in the Orders Tab of your Account Profile.

Q: Why do I have extra credit on my account after selecting the tiers and add-ons that I chose on Fig?

A: That's your credit to be used for shipping costs. Once you go through and put your shipping information in, shipping will be calculated and that extra money will be added to your account.

Q: Why can't I get the Deluxe Pillars of Eternity Soundtrack now?

A: We are preparing the soundtrack for download from the Backer Portal. It will become available before the end of April, and we will be sure to send out an announcement.

Q: Why can't I get the Pillars of Eternity Short Story Omnibus now?

A: We're preparing the omnibus with a new, exclusive cover. This will become available for download in May, possibly sooner. We will be sure to send out an announcement.

Q: Can I trade my Tyranny coupon for another game?

A: No.

Q: Can I use the Tyranny coupon and get the game on GOG?

A: The Tyranny coupon is valid in the Paradox Store, where you can get a Steam key. Unfortunately, GOG is not offered as an option.

Q: Can I upgrade to a higher tier after I confirm my pledge?

A: Yes, but you will need to contact support to do so. As a second option, you can wait to confirm your pledge if you haven't already, and then confirm it when you decide what tier you want.

Q: Is the "Extra Beta Access" add-on the same as adding a Beta Access key for me if I don't already get it in my tier?

A: Yep, it's the same!

Q: Can I see a sizing chart for t-shirts and hoodies?

A: We are still in the process of picking out the best types of shirts and hoodies for you, so we do not have a sizing chart yet. Please select the size you would normally wear with a cotton t-shirt and a zip-up hoodie, and once we determine the brand we'll release a sizing chart. At that time, you will be able to log in to the Backer Portal and update your t-shirt size if needed.

High Tier Backers

For those of our content creating backers at higher tiers, we will be sending a content creation questionnaire to you via email before May to get things rolling and help us best understand your vision. Please make sure you have the correct email address linked to our Backer Portal so we know where to contact you!

Slacker Backers from Fig

If you are a Slacker Backer and backed via the Fig website, your pledge should be linked to the Backer Portal some time today. If you find that it hasn't been linked yet, keep checking back. We should be caught up soon.

If your questions were not answered on the above list, feel free to send an email to support@obsidian.net and we'll respond as quickly as possible.

On an unrelated note, we'd like to share with you a couple of animations. Our animators were having a little fun with putting Aloth's animation set on a pig, and the results were... hilarious? Disturbing? We'll leave that to you to decide.

PLEASE NOTE: Don't get too excited, Pig-Aloth will not be in the final game, this is just for fun.

"Just act casual, you'll blend right in"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next week, we'll return to our regularly scheduled development updates.

Thanks for stopping by!

2. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

I'm really hoping they hit the sea monsters mark, it would make for very cool random map encounters. Still an extra $130000 doesn't seem extremely likely, given that most people who would back it likely already have. At this stage I'd imagine the devs don't really want it added to the game either, as at this point it must feel like creating extra work for yourself.

3. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    On the one hand they don't want the extra work, on the other hand I'm sure they'd appreciate the extra money - clearly, they're between Scylla and Charybdis on this one.

4. Ruda

Ruda Active Member

While I've no real insight in the matter, I doubt that the stretch goals are much related to the actual cash pledged; it's rather the backing sites (such as kickstarter and, in this case, fig) demanding that the projects reveal to their backers how they plan on using their money. I'm thinking that the stretch goals are things they're already planing on putting in the game (with some exceptions) and what we're actually paying for are simply extra resources and stretch goals being more teasers than anything else.

For example, Double the V.O for 2.4 M leads us to believe that doubling the number of voice actors (or at least recording time) costs as much as Berath's Blessing at 2.6 M, which seems to be little more than NewGame+, which isn't very likely.

And we've seen developers, as in the case of Torment, backpedaling on stretch goals that they hadn't thought through (or had time with or whatever) meaning that they're not particularly binding.

tl;dr: Hopefully there'll be sea-monsters regardless of whether the stretch goal is reached. I'd be really weird of having a naval based, island hopping, fantasy RPG without them.

Jojobobo likes this.
  5. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

I think there would be sea monsters regardless, but it sounds like what they're offering is random encounter sea monsters rather than fixed boss sea monsters (a la the Kraken in the first game), which would be cooler for sure. I guess we'll just have to see if they get there.

Our Host!