Unusual Enterprize Discussion

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Xiao_Caity, May 26, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

I have some ideas:

1. Perhaps there be a report how Amy, Benner, Edward Duke were doing.

2. This adventure follows up what we have been through.

3. While Edward is doing his round, he will discover that someone has killed the head of the security Sam Hopkins, and that the killer has teleported to the nearest planet. There on the planet they will find out that it is a copy of Terra, but has a different timeline.

PS: Has Amy some telepathic powers?

2. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

Klingons would be wonderful, especially since we're still in the era of Klingon-Fedaration distrust and skirmishes. Being involved in the opening stages of contact with the Klingon empire afford a great many opportunities. Plus Klingons are downright awesome in their own right. It'd be right up their alley to ambush an away team to test their "warrior spirit".

EDIT - I feel sort of guilty posting after Kirk, but I wanted to put a better capstone on Quentin's experience.

3. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Amy is most assuredly non-telepathic, but I figured... a whole planet of telepaths going kabooey at once? Everyone's gonna feel that one on some level or another, she's just a little more aware of it than most. Plus she's got a will of tempered steel.

I'm figuring the first few posts from us will be 'this is what's happening, this is how we've been coping' kind of stuff, before the adventure really heats up and we're too busy kicking arse and taking names.

Klingons FTW. Do we want the old-school Klingons with the smooth foreheads but arse-kicking awesome borderline lunacy, or do we want the updated ones with the crinkly foreheads and honour code?

P.S. Does Quentin want a promotion? I was thinking of making him a Chief, just because Chief characters are awesome (Chief O'Brien, anyone?)

4. Arthgon

That's a good idea, I am working now on the logbook of Edward Duke.

What about a bit of both? Perhaps there would be the barbarian old-school Klingons, and the noble updated ones.

5. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

I think the crinkly foreheads and ridiculous weapons are cinematicly more compelling, along with the oriental hairstyles and gothic battledress, but a fair amount of borderline arse-kicking lunacy would compliment that well. I'd say to model them along the lines of the TNG Klingons for looks, but give them more of the mentality of the Japanese feudal samurai, mixed with the original series lunacy streak. I love the way Klingons can be so concerned with honor, but other species have to prove themselves worthy of it.

That would probably make sense, I just don't know what sort of position he'd be chief of. Maybe "Experimental Technologies" or something? Like, say, while in dock the Enterprise picks up some new geological survey equiptment to field-test, and Quentin is appointed to oversee its use? He's still pretty shy and high-strung, but he wouldn't refuse a job offer coming from either Kirk or Scotty.

NB - I'm head out on a trip in a few days and won't have internet for two weeks, so I won't be able to contruibute to a story during that time. I'd be more than happy to start though, and cede control of my character for that period.

6. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Chief of Experimental Technologies? That's a hardcore title. Consider it yours.

The vote at the moment seems to be New-Look Klingons with Old-School Attitude. I can dig it. The mental image of a new-look Klingon starting a barfight by insulting the Enterprise makes me all fuzzy inside. (What can I say, Trouble with Tribbles is the Best Episode Ever.)

I think a good way to handle your absence, Peter, might be to start us off on the ship, have you talking to us through the communicators, and then when you leave we lose all communications with the ship. Because the Klingons are jamming us. (Yay! It makes sense!)

I loved your personal log thing, incidentally. I think I'll do one m'self. Ne, Arthgon, you should do one too, so we can have a full set of personal logs. We've already got Kirk's and Quentin's....

7. Arthgon

Sorry that it took so long, but I got the logbook of Edward Duke ready.

8. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Yeeee! I'll start Episode 2 as a seperate thread, and we'll get as much time in as possible before Peter has to leave.

9. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

...And I'm off.

Quentin will start to realize a few things he hasn't come to terms with in this first meeting with the counselor, and those will be on his mind during the subsequent klingon encounter. (he has some repressed anger issues which could serve him well there, :D ) He'll go about his duty as efficiently as possible in the interum. I will be back to continue his story within twenty days.

10. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Have fun~.

There be plot following, soon as I get enough sleep to remember what it was. *sweatdrop* Work placement hurts...

11. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Additional: I was originally going to post more plot today. My Grandfather died this morning. There will be no plot for about a week. Sorry.

12. Arthgon

Sorry to hear about your loss, my deepest condolence to you Xiao.

I have some questions:

1. What if there are/were some murders committed on board, should I solve it, or the captain?

2. Who works as the coroner?

13. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Murders? That's Security's job, but you'd definately be reporting to the Captain.

14. No! Naughty dog!

No! Naughty dog! New Member

15. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Yup, probably Bones or if he's particularly busy, one of the higher-ranking nurses.

16. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

...And back. But very tired. I'm sorry to hear about your Grandfather, Xiao, please accept my condolences.

17. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Thanks.

Ah, yes, tired. I know that feeling well.

18. Arthgon

Xiao: My condolences for the lost of your grandfather.

Peter Quincy: Welcome back.

19. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

I think she got it.

20. Arthgon

Oops...Sorry...I forgot all about that. *Drinks a lots of coffee*

Our Host!