Unofficial Arcanum Patch: Bug Reporting

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Anonymous, Aug 6, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OK, now I see the problem. The script is called each time the PC enters a new sector, and since Ashbury consists of several sectors you can't get out on foot. I was using teleportation for testing, so it never occurred to me to check this possibility. I'll make him ignore Ashbury at all times, and since Murgo and Swyft leave after 6 'wrong' sectors, I'll change it here as well, as it will be easier on the player. No idea why they set it to 3 here.

There's no way to prevent corpse dragging, I'm afraid. He's just a normal critter with different art.

My mistake, I made a hasty search through the inventory list. There's actually two Elven Traders, one of them is unused and has a long bow. Turns out, no merchant sells it in the game then. Although, guards and some monsters have it. Should I add it to some shop or not?

No idea, perhaps you damaged/destroyed his chest, thus it doesn't get restocked.

I didn't do any changes related to shopkeepers' behavior.

2. The_Bob

The_Bob Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, you definitely should add the long bow somewhere. At least to the other elven trader, also maick weapon shops would be a good place.

It's important, since a tech archer needs them to make composite bows. The way things are now, the soonest long bows appear is in BMC mines, carried by the thieves there.

While looking through invensource, please double check the charged accelerator gun schematic - of all gunsmith schematics, I couldn't get this one despite weeks of in-game shop camping.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OK, the long bow will be added to quality and magick smiths, this way both technologists and mages will be able to get it.

Gunsmith, 3% chance.

4. The_Bob

I know this is more of a feature request then a bug, but should at least be worth considering:

It's not bringing him to his clan that his rescue is about.

Will you consider adding some script that will allow the player to still get the reputation after rroyo... umm... Thorvald leaves the group ?

Like, maybe, have him stand there (couple of days days after leaving the group) in the entrence hall of The Wheel Clan, waiting for the player - and trigger the reputation once spoken to.

Also an entry in the quest log would be appropriate, saying that he's headed there on his own, and the player should check if he got there safely.

edit: As for a workaround, I used a scroll of exiting to get him to the city limits, on second attempt I've managed to get him out of there and lead him to TWC. So... the solution is to have him wait right after gettin off the boat, go buy a scroll from the elven trader/magic shop/general store, rejoin and leave the city.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually, when Thorvald leaves the group, it sets a global flag, which triggers some specific lines in Randver's dialog.

And no feature requests, please, this is not a mod. There's no custom content in the patch and it will stay this way. Nothing will be "made up".

BTW, the full changelog (including all upcoming fixes) is available at the RPGCodex. Once I change something, I list it there, in the first post.

6. The_Bob

In the dialog with the inkeeper in Stillwater, it is possible to ask him about stuff left by joachim, after it has already been taken. Possibly it's a low-reaction (reaction 34) line. it's line 8.

Another problem I've encountered, in the conversation with T. Iron-heart in the wheel clan, is that it's impossible to back-out of taking the quest to check on his brother after asking him why won't he go check himself. While it isn't exactly a bug, it does force the player to take a quest, and being a reather hard-to-miss part of the conversation, it should be fixed.

7. Viqsi

Viqsi New Member

Maybe the five tiles around him could be made unpassable? (Or would that interfere with Conjure Spirit?)

8. saatan54

saatan54 New Member

(Sry i don't remember the names)But i think its a bug...ehm...In Dernholm over the bridge near the city there is a house where is a man and a woman inside it...u can get the quest from there, where u have to find a cure to cure the lady, cuz she is a werewolf...anyways...when u enter the house and if you point your cursor over them you already can see the names of these 2 persons...(i have the latest patches,i didn't ask for rumours)I it not nothing much, but i guess if you have never heared of someone and then know their name,it is kindda weird...OH!! AND when u start speaking to them u ask their names and when they answer then those should appear,but they do before even talking to them!!!uhhh...that's all for now :)

9. GruntChief

GruntChief New Member

Caladon not Dernholm

10. saatan54

saatan54 New Member

YES RIGHT!!!
    OMG I'M SO SRY
    THX FOR THAT!I OWE YOU xD

11. GruntChief

GruntChief New Member

12. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Not sure if its truely a bug but its a damn annoying feature anyway.

If you use the repair skill it exits your inventory as soon as you either fail or succeed at repairing the item. So if you are repairing a whole bunch of stuff (if for instance your whole party got raped by a molten spider :x ) then you have to open back up your inventory every time you want to repair an item.

Could the inventory screen stay open during repair and just require that you manually close it when you are finished?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is hardcoded, of course, but I can probably block this. It won't make much sense, though. How else are you going to see the message that says if the attempt was a success or not?

If I find how to disable this, I'll post the offset in the engine hacks thread.

14. Vorak

You won't need to see the message if the items hitpoints go back up you succeeded, if they go down you messed up.

15. Tuco

Tuco New Member

Here are a few things that I've found. (playing with UAP and Extra Pack)
    1. I'm not sure whether this is a typo or not, but as a dumb character if you refuse to join Virgil, then talk to him again, your dialogue options are: "okey." and"Nope." Perhaps "okey" should have a capital letter.
    2. In Dernholm you can say something like "You don't have a very fond opinion of him." to any guard before he has actually mentioned Garrick.
    3. In Ashbury, after accepting to get the dagger for the mayor, you can then talk to him again and follow the following loop: "1 - I haven't found dagger. 2 - Have you reconsidered taxes? 3 - Goodbye." Each time you mention taxes his disposition increases by 5.

4. I don't know whether or not this is related to 081004. I have retrieved the dagger from the thieves by getting the poison, however the mayor has nothing to say to me, and I cannot advance the quest.

5. Another - if don't don't accept the "get ring from sewers" quest in Tarant, then get the ring, when you return to the quest giver you can't complete the quest - you have to discard the ring, accept the quest, then get the ring back and complete the quest.

16. Archmage Orintil

Archmage Orintil New Member

I think this was a bug with the original, not your patch.
    J.T. Morant doesn't take the 10,000 gold you're suppose to pay him for making you a Master Haggler.

17. Dirtman

Dirtman New Member

He takes the 10000 gold every time from me, even now with the UAP.

18. papa_dog_1999

papa_dog_1999 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Same for me. Although, that was in the previous UAP.
    I haven't tried in v081004 yet, but I don't foresee it changing.

19. Vorak

I'm using rroyo's WIP so it may be that he has not implemented the following elements from your patch yet, but I have found the following problems.

#Torian Kel's dialogue about his file has the audio say that one can sense ones home after thousands of years but the text floating over his head says hundreds of years.

#The ogre guard in the warehouse containing the siamese twins skulls is still listed as a monster and has no ogre racial icon.

20. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Vorak, the guard part of this should have gone into the A:WIP thread instead of here.

I can tell you for certain the ogre guard's icon does come up - at least now.
    Edit: I forgot to check for monster status.

Torian I'll check out tonight.

Our Host!