United Sovereign States

Discussion in 'CyberNations Archive' started by DarkUnderlord, Jan 23, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

2. Telcontar

Telcontar Well-Known Member

Well by the looks of it, turmoil will ensure. And I don't think they will be the only ones to resign....

3. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

well, I don't see any real reason to stay in there to be honest, just dosn't have anything else to do, DU has far to many nukes to be a good ally:p

4. Telcontar

All of our nukes are basically gone. I am waiting for JC and ThundetBunny to resign when they log on next.

5. DarkUnderlord

I think it's time Vorak created the House of Lords alliance, picked a colour and had everyone join that. Oh and don't let Nocturne in. She's too Butch. Meanwhile, I'm dallying with another alliance which might accept me, in which case I'll stay with them. I know Vorak's going to love them.

If you guys want a subdomain here (like http://houseoflords.terra-arcanum.com or something) let me know. You could setup forums there and so on with a separate FTP login.

6. Telcontar

But will ALL of HoL want to join. I mean I cant see Max joining and he has a nuke. And you said you wouldn't DU....

7. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Its like this, we can have DU or we can have Maximus. I don't thing Max would want to join an alliance with DU in it (no offence DU).

I'd love to create the HoL alliance, given that our hiding in the GC to gain power has paid off, there are now several HoL nuclear powers and more to come.

But given our current disunity I just don't know if it'd work. Currently its sort of split up like this:

My Camp (Mainly the old Chaotic Cafe faithful and a few others, currently undecided on where to go but we'll be jumping ship soon)

Maximus' Camp (He's recruited all the original GC members I didn't purge, plus Frigo and a few others who've all joined his new alliance)

DU (On his own and loving it, also trying to get into the OotBR)

JC Zim's camp (He doesn't know whats going on yet but chances are he'll stand by the ideals of the GC, Vyenna appears to be in this group)

I like Maximus and get along with him well, I also consider him the best general just about any alliance has. But his interest in HoL has waned, how long has it been since he regularly posted here? He was with us in the beginning, but I think he's moved on.

Basically if we were to start an alliance it'd be weaker than the GC was.

8. Telcontar

And IF it did start, would we let members in or be secluded like the OOTBR was?

9. Vorak

We'd have to be open to recruitment, otherwise we'd be defenceless against stronger nations.

10. Telcontar

Great....we get all the GC members back and all the shit starts over again. As long as the big babbling vagina Nocturne does not come, i'd be happy if satan himself came along.

11. Vorak

12. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    We'd get happiness bonuses on our trades, and we'd be able to create an in-alliance trading system, something I miss in the GC (then again, perhaps I didn't clickety-click myself into the right set of subforums).

13. Vorak

3 of my 5 trades are 'in alliance' but we never had enough members to form a completely internal market.

14. Telcontar

Very true, only Max has taken monkey whom I like and is powerful and Lyon whom is the same. We need strong nations to stop us being shot in to the ground. And DU can't fight every war...

15. Vorak

DU is a nuclear power, but he not in the same league as Monkeydee and Lyonheart not yet anyway.

I also don't want to be one of the strongest members because I'll get stuck handing out FA packages all the time.

16. Telcontar

Saying that, I am now glad I don't have to save up for JC Zim.....i like the guy but the dough could be better spent.

17. Vorak

If he sticks with us I'll still help him out.

Although he is a mighty tempting sacrificial lamb...

18. Telcontar

19. DarkUnderlord

If I get into the OOTBR (and it looks highly likely I will get in) I wouldn't join HoL but then again, that doesn't mean I wouldn't declare war on or threaten someone. The only problem then is that whole neutrality business but I'm confident that if I ask permission and it's an unprovoked attack, I should be able to help out. Mind you with Vorak as leader, Bumpy might have problems with that.

Well, I did call him a liar and a coward. I think some animosity there might be expected. Whether he ever comes back to post here or not though is up to him. As far as I'm concerned it's water, bridge and all that. I don't think you're going to get him though. He's made his own alliance and he didn't have to. He could've stayed in the GC (mind you I'm not privy to what's been happening in GC of late, given I no longer have access). So if you wanted to have Maximus, you'd be joining him and not the other way around. Mind you white is a pretty bad colour to join if you're after trade colour bonuses. Trades in there are few and far between with only 128 nation's currently white.

From little things big things grow. Most of the GC wasn't nuclear armed when I joined and we still managed to fight back. Most of your attackers are going to be in the low strength range too. I don't think Lyonheart's been in a fight since she got nukes and nuclear rogue's are easily dealt with via the GC forums. Ask for help and you'll often get it. The one attack we did get was from someone who attacked 20 other nation's at the same time and went out with a bang.

There's also Duck and Cover and the RPGCodex to consider. I don't think you'd get many people from there joining (especially not from DAC) but the Codex might be worth milking. All I have to do is dig up the old thread I made in there and post that the Hive Mind allliance is called the "House of Lords" and point to wherever your forums end up. At the end of the day though, if you really want a big alliance and not just a bunch of friends, then you're going to have to recruit.

If you want my opinion though, I'd jump ship and do it. You get rid of a lot of baggage and can set it up how you want. One of the reasons I left though was none of you buggers really supported using nukes unless we'd been attacked with them, where-as if you know me, I like to hit back with everything I've got and then some. Mind you, not once did I think that leaving the GC would trigger a land-slide and make everyone else abandon ship.

How you go about it then depends on who's left. If Wraithshadow, JC Zim and a few others still want to keep the GC going, let them have it. If they're not around though or only one of them wants to stay (like JC Zim and Nocturne), make an official post in the GC forums saying the Grey Council has disbanded (blame trade colour bonuses or somthing). Then delete the forums. Those that want to stay will then have to re-create them and do all of that work again. Two or three members trying to re-create the GC is going to be a lot of hard work. Nocturne seems fairly useless and JC Zim's going to collapse under the pressure of doing it all himself. If he was the type to re-create the alliance, he'd be the Chairman not the JAG. Wraithshadow would be interesting but he seems to have taken a back seat since being deposed.

Just realise that you guys are going to be attacked and how you go about it is up to you. If my forum is still there at the GC, take a look at the M3 Strategy. Most attacks occur by individuals without the support of their alliance. They look for someone half their strength and try and judge how hard they will be to take on. They don't necessarily look at alliance (unless you're one of the big sanctioned ones). If all you've got defending your nation is a handful of troops, you're a target. If you've got a bunch of tanks though, some CM's and aircraft, then you look less appealing. The rogue is going to compare you with that other unlucky bastard and if that other bastard looks like an easier kill than you, he's going to go for him and leave you alone.

War unfortunately is a part of CyberNation's. Accept it and develop a plan to deal with it. Most alliance's seem open to others and willing to help for the most part so you've only got a problem if someone wants you dead.

20. Telcontar

Very well said. DU I have to know what the hell happened though. I mean I counter-attacked that guy and you do and get the shit yelled at you and made nocturne engulf half of Asia in her vagina, was it simply because you dropped a nuke or because challenged Maximus and basically made a case for yourself?

Our Host!