UAP + High Res Patch?

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by eviltypeguy, May 27, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. eviltypeguy

eviltypeguy New Member

Greetings,

I'm new around here, and I'm having some trouble figuring out whether I've applied the UAP + High Res correctly.

Originally, I:

1) installed Arcanum

2) patched to the latest official version1.0.7.4

3) installed the high resolution patch

4) installed UAP

5) re-ran highres.bat

I noticed that after step #4, the CD check went away, but after step 5, it came back.

I'm certain that I've messed something up along the way.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

2. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Hey there, welcome aboard.

You might wanna ask an admin or someone to move this thread to one of the module forums. You'll get better answers there.

3. eviltypeguy

eviltypeguy New Member

Apologies. I wasn't aware this inquiry belonged in a modules forum.

If someone could move this? ...

4. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
  5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The high resolution patch should be installed the last. The installer in the new version of the UAP will take this into account and will ask you to temporarily uninstall the high resolution patch if it's present.

6. Blaik

Blaik New Member

Okay, so I roll it like this. normal install, 1074 patch, UAP, High Res.

When I do this on my desktop I get a disc check.

When I do it on my laptop it works fine.

If I reinstall UAP after the High res the disc check goes away but so does the High-res.

I know I'm missing something, but I can't figure out what. And yes I could just put my disc in, but 1) my disc's and drive are not so happy with each other (see my "help with a dat file" thread for more on that), and I'm moving and already packed my disc's up for transport, so I don't wanna unstack and unpack just to do this, when I know someone has the answer here.

I have faith in y'all...I'll keep checkin, but till then I'll just keep doing a full uninstall and reinstalling it all.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, the problem is that the high resolution patch makes a back up of your Arcanum.exe. When you reinstall the patch it applies all changes to the backed up file, instead of your current one. This way you lose the updated Arcanum.exe from the UAP.

If you really want to install the UAP after the high resolution patch, then delete WeiDU.log in your Arcanum folder before applying the UAP, this will stop the high resolution patch from using back ups.

8. Blaik

Blaik New Member

You mentioning deleting files got me thinking and I did an experiment. I did an uninstall and checked the folder and lo and behold, a bunch of leftover files that aren't part of the uninstall (duh me). I deleted the entire folder and reinstalled....yay it works! Thanks for getting me thinking down the right path Drog!

Our Host!