TROIKA GAMES IS DEAD!

Discussion in 'News Comments' started by mathboy, Dec 25, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Dungeon Keeper. The feeling can't be explained. I love the man who created that game.
    Unfortunetly, Bullfrog, too, is dead. Absorbed by EA. The bastards.

2. Stringy Pete

Stringy Pete New Member

I don't know why but it seams that pretty soon there wont be a game studio that doesn't have anything EA or Microsoft (and such) in it.
    Quite sad actually, the future doesn't look so promising for RPGs.

3. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

If it doesn't have a story, I'm not interested. I'll play Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors, because they're based on history and have an easy-to-use system.

I am a total RPG whore, though. If it's got a good story and it's playable, then fuck the graphics!

4. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

i love going back and finding old school RPGs that you have to fuck with your PC to get to work, like NOX...

5. Stringy Pete

Stringy Pete New Member

Yes, you appreciate the game much more when you have to make it work.

6. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

First you call me a freak, and then you say I don't value Arcanum?? Why I oughtta...!

7. Bunny

Bunny New Member

... pound him in the head.

[Edit=You choose which head.]

8. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

"freaks" is a subset of "players".
    Do you assume you are an element of the "freaks" subset?

But I have a feeling that because you are an element of the "The House Of Lords - Terra-Arcanum Forum Members" set, it has a high chance that you are also an element of the "Arcanum lovers" subset, and assuming that the "CS freaks" subset and the "Arcanum haters" subset has an intersection with many elements, meaning that an element from the "CS freaks" subset has a high chance to be in the "Arcanum haters" subset as well and assuming that the intersect of the "Arcanum lovers" subset and the "Arcanum haters" subset is a blank set, and the two subgroups has a similar number of elements, we can say that an element from the "Arcanum lovers" subset has a low chance to be also in the "CS freaks" subset.

So you are probably not an element of the "CS freak" subset.

Ohh... I feel so freaky today...

9. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

quit trying to inject logic into our world, damn you!!!!!

10. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

It would have been a lot simpler to say that Vyenna resented that automatic association of "freaks" and "CS" and the implication that she was in the wrong forum.

*Vyenna: feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.*

11. LordOfAllEvil

LordOfAllEvil New Member

Wow...this thread started as a tribute to Troika company going under, and now we're talking about... CS 'tards. Huh. I'd just like to say that Troika did good work (although they should've tried to make games less buggy) and I'll miss them, although thankfully Fallout 3 will be continued by Bethesda (makers of the Elder scrolls, and when it comes out it shall be &%$# awesome).

Also I believe that the dearth of the RPG is mainly due to the fact that most of them have been japanese in nature. I'm not disrespecting these games (shadow hearts is one of the most bad ass games ever created) but they really aren't my cup of tea.

And MADLAX, the original game on the PSX was called Xenogears; they created a new series on the PS2 called Xenosaga.

And if you liked Episode 2 Xiao you should check out Episode 1 (the second one was actually inferior to the first one, and in the third they will be going back to the combat in the 1st game since battles in Episode 2 were...lacking. )

I think I'm done here. Oh by the way, I just joined, so I guess this is my first post here. Hello.

12. mathboy

mathboy New Member

Welcome

You suck! Please leave.

13. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

Fixed.

14. LordOfAllEvil

LordOfAllEvil New Member

<shrugs> at least i don't swallow. =D

It would either have been Fallout dying and never being ressurected or have it being made by a quality game developer. Or (even worse) have it be created by a god awful developer.

15. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

16. LordOfAllEvil

LordOfAllEvil New Member

Well, I suppose that would be your opinion then, wouldn't it? ^__^

17. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

I like Morrowind. Does that mean I should trust the developement of Fallout 3 to them? Hell no. For certain games, if the people who made them don't make their sequels, they (the games) lose something. Look at Total Anihilation - Chris Taylor is making an "unofficial" sequel to the game under a different tital while being true to the spirit of TA (Supreme Commander), which I anticipate far more eagerly that the "official" sequel. Fallout as done by Bethesda might be a good game. It might even be an amazing RPG - but it won't be Fallout.

18. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

What you gotta understand, mama's boy, is that *your* opinion doesn't mean anything here you shiteating maggot! Welcome to bootcamp! Hooah!

19. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

You raise a very good point. While the game itself could be good, it won't really have the same feel. Personally, I think Bethesda just needs to be quiet for a little while. The Morrowind series, while good in its own right, can't really hold a candle to anything that Troika's done, in my opinion. I just don't think Bethesda has what it takes to make Fallout 3. It shouldn't even be called Fallout 3.

20. McKedy

McKedy New Member

I starting playing Morrowind awhile ago. It was kinda hard to get into at first and then it got fun. Then as I kepted playing I started realizing something... No characters were memoriable or even stood out. ANd I had to run up to EVERYONE just to see who they were cause NO ONE stood out :x Then it turned out that I was simply power leveling... The having fun part was deminishing as I run across the land on foot and being lost alot of the time... Then the fact that the game crashed to desktop alot. Then I thought, screw this. I poped in Arcanum and am still playing it now :) BTW what happens to Virgil if you kick him off your team? Where can he be found so I can get him on my team again? - I know this is not for Arcanum questions, please be gentle-

Our Host!