Troika Games closing its doors for good?

Discussion in 'News Comments' started by DarkUnderlord, Jan 29, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

According to <a href="http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/01/28/news_6117482.html">GameSpot's Rumour Mill</a> speculation is rife that <a href="http://www.troikagames.com">Troika Games</a> is going through difficult times. Here's what GameSpot had to say:
    <br><blockquote>What we heard: While many independent developers are enjoying success (i.e. BioWare, Obsidian Entertainment), others are not faring as well. This week, word surfaced that indie shop Troika Games, which was founded by several former Fallout developers and Interplay castaways, had fallen on hard times--so hard that, by some reports, it was closing its doors. So GameSpot went to the man himself, co-CEO and co-founder Leonard Boyarsky, to find out what's what. Boyarsky then gave us this cryptic answer: "We are basically perusing some options...after the beginning of February, we'll be making a statement." So, for now, they're still in business. But with February less than a week away, that could change soon.</blockquote>
    <br>We'll do what we can to try and confirm this ourselves but I doubt Troika will say much until they release their official statement. There is speculation they'll be moving into mobile phone games or console games...
    <br>
    <br>Here's hoping it's not bad news.
    <br>
    <br>Thanks for the heads up <strong>Spazmo</strong>.

2. jabbapop

jabbapop New Member

horrible horrible horrible news!

why should the good die and the crap live on!!!!

i hope it's just a rumor. and nothing more.

3. mathboy

mathboy New Member

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

4. Naked_Lunch

Naked_Lunch New Member

I thought ToEE sold reasonably well and that Vampire is doing okay. Maybe someone will pick them up like Bioware or something, anything to keep them alive. If they die I will lose all hope in the American gaming scene.

5. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

I was talking to the woman mang at EB about the disappearing of computer games compare to console game like x-box and gameboy.
    With all the 3-d video cards and sound systems it getting harder to program computer games in general. While the console games are fix in they video card and sound system which make it easyies to program for the hardware compase to than PC. I was playing computer game since the middle and late 1970's. It now take 2 to 4 year to devolp than computer game with other expense make devolp than complete PC game expensive compare to console system. Than average PC can cost over 20 to 30 million dollar to devolp compare to less than million dollar in the middle 1970's. I than sorry I than alittle off topic on this. Most people in America arenot intested in the same type of good games as we are. Hollywood is loseing money againt. They arenot make movie that interest me at all, I ask some muslim brother and sister than they tell me they donot watch many TV show or moives at all. Hollywood add violance to than moive when it not needed just to attrach than people to watch they moive. Bollywood in India is make alots of money as they make moive that people want to see, in fact they take hollywood moive than take out the sex scences and violance scences unless necrassity to the plot or story
    or the moives. Gone with the Wind will still have it scences of the Cival War in it.

Our Host!