Tribute

Discussion in 'Vault of Folly' started by Silvio-Arjunza, Oct 1, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silvio-Arjunza

Silvio-Arjunza New Member

I wish, pre-message, to apologize to every moderator, and person who reads, this, but I've got to make a tribute to Sleek, since he took the tyme to make up a fake email, and send me four messages telling me not to say tyme I must do a little tribute to him:
    TYME TYME TYME TYME TYME TYME!!!TYME!!!!! that is all. thank you for your patience with my vengence agianst this spam can with too much tyme on his hands. hear that? TYME!

2. Stuart

Stuart New Member

You and Sleek are very silly people.

-Stuart

3. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    You know, sometimes I wish that I had the power to vault certain posts. And ban people. And give them the Spam Can avatar. I don't know from were that urge comes from really. Could be something I read...

4. EvilEyesBan

EvilEyesBan New Member

Can't we just write a bot that'll vault everything Sleek and Matt write?

5. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

6. Silvio-Arjunza

Silvio-Arjunza New Member

yea, Nobodies right. Bots are bad. well, bots that ban everything I say. and I truly do apologize, but Sleek had it coming... it's about tyme that someone made a tribute to that spammer, btw, would one of the moderators change my avatar to a spam can?

7. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

uhhhh, yes exactly matt, i am some sort of haxxor that knows how to make fake email addresses etc.

i'm not going to dignify these allegations with any other form of response.

as for the whole spammer thing, thank you mister kettle. now i know better, i'll try fo follow your good example by only responding to every single new post every day.

8. Settler

Settler Member

Matt. Sleek. Please continue your personal vendettas IN PMs!

9. EvilEyesBan

EvilEyesBan New Member

I've got a better idea, how about you both leave until I catch up to you in posts*

* That will hopefully be never

10. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

I've done a little thinking on this problem we have with some of our more recent and verbal additions. It brought me to a statement that The Master made almost two and a half millenia ago: "Exalt the straight, put aside the crooked; the crooked will grow straight." Every forum is plagued by these types that spam the boards and insult others. It is in the way that these types are dealt with that define the atmosphere of a forum. If everyone spams and insults them back, then the discussions will devolve into spam and insults. Perhaps the comments will become so vitriolic that these types will leave, but there will always be others to replace them. Perhaps these types will merely return under the guise of another name, as has happened in the past. In any case, negative reinforcement is not the correct path to take.

We should "put aside" these types -- or ignore them -- and "exalt" those who make valid and substantive statements -- or compliment those who actually say something positive. Those who spam and insult will quickly learn that their activities are not welcome and they will modify their behavior to be more correct. Think and become positive and so will the forum. To do otherwise is to invite the negative.

11. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

For once, I am in agreement with you, oh breasted one.

12. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

Matt, you are an obnoxious twit. I have limited internet time, and you are wasting it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!