TOEE not so great.

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons Discussion Forum' started by rEt.aR.d, Aug 1, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. rEt.aR.d

rEt.aR.d New Member

Well, I bought TOEE the other day. I hastily installed the game and started playing. Man was it COOL :eek: . And would you check the graphics! Equip ANY item and it changes your avatar thingie. I immediately found that ther wer too few portraits, though :???: . This was the best game i had ever played. [screeeeeeeeeeeeeeech!!!!] Or so I thought!!!!!

By the time I reached nulb i was bored out of my friggin SKIN!!! I was literraly be-snake-ifying (whatever it is they do). Is this just me? I don't know what's wrong with it, but Troika messed up. I think the story line just isn't good enough. I would much rather play through Arcanum for the 1078729485th time than play that game ever again! (Damn, I wasted my money :-x )

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    What ToEE lacks is a storyline that pushes you forward. As things are now though, all you have is a mentioning of a big old temple somewhere and a notion that maybe you should explore it. I felt about the same way as you do now initially.

However, once you accept that maybe it isn't as focused around the story as Arcanum was and take it for the somewhat shallow dungeon crawler it really is, it can actually be quite enjoyable.

Cheers!

Our Host!