Those deadly carnivorous bunnies...

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Solaris, Jan 15, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Solaris

Solaris New Member

I've just seen the bunnies at the Caladon farm taking on Cynthia the Werewolf- and nearly killing her TWICE IN A ROW. This can't be a coincidence.

Round 1: the Werewolf charges the Bunny, who fearlessly fights back (they're way too brave, those bunnies in Arcanum, I bet each one of them secretly considers himself Vorpal). The Bunny deals the Werewolf a devastating critical hit that leaves her breathless on the ground, and proceeds to finish her off. At which point my buddy Vollinger, ever the gentleman, raises his Mech gun and stuffs the Bunny with hot lead, saving the girl at the very last moment.

Round 2: Reloaded. Again the Werewolf charges the Bunny, who skillfully evades her attack for a full twenty seconds, making Cynthia chase it around the farm. Finally, they clash and begin to exchange blows, with the Bunny slowly, but surely gaining the upper hand. Finally, with a superhuman (or is it super-Werewolf?) effort, Cynthia dispatches her fearsome fluffy adversary with a series of successful claw swings, and goes back to sleep with no more than 5% hit points left in her.

I haven't laughed so hard since I've seen Sogg knocked down by a chicken in Shrouded Hills. :lol:

2. Jearom

Jearom New Member

That's quite funny.

I've had Virgil actually die within 5 seconds of entering the cave at the crash site, critical hit from sewer rat. Though I guess it doesn't beat the guy who keeps having Jayna suicide with the pyrotechnic axe.

3. Bunny

Bunny New Member

We Arcanum bunnies are tough. :)

You know which bunny is quite tough? The one at the Wise-Woman exit of Tarant. You cross the river, you walk for a short while and you encounter a bunny which is being or going to be attacked by a wolf and its cubs. Many a time it kicked the wolf's ass... And if you happen to defend it and you are attacked, it will help you.

4. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

There is a particulary strong bunny up north, in Stillwater. The thing catake about as much damage as Kerghan. No kidding.
    Once upon a time, when I was new to Arcanum, I managed to get to Stillwater at the level of two. I entered the dungeon, which lies to the east of the town, and found a bunny. A BLUE Bunny.
    And what does one do when one encounter a blue bunny in a dungeon full of bones? I tell you now: One charges it. And gets beat up. Badly.

My whole team, Sogg, Virgil and I, is instantly killed within a matter of seconds. We didn't even damage the thing 30% of it's total life. Embaracing.

5. Sofokl

Sofokl New Member

The most tough bunny is that is summoned by Nature spell. :)

6. Wolfsbane

Not in the amount of life, it isn't. The blue bunny (i.e, the semi-stillwater giant) is the toughest bunny around, 'cept when it comes to attack-power. I got beat up 'cause I was level two. A lousy level.

7. Sofokl

Sofokl New Member

How you got to the quest about Stillwater Giant at level 2? Real giant appears only after you give so-called fur of Stillw. Giant to Myrth.

8. Bunny

Bunny New Member

But he said it wasn't the real giant. Although you must have been more than level 2, Wolfsie, if only for the random encounters in the area between the Crash site and Stillwater.

9. Box of Fox

Box of Fox New Member

I've buffed the bunny in combat with my followers out of my group and had the bunny kill the werewolf a few times. Then I talked to the father, who was unfazed :p

10. Wolfsbane

Ever heard of running away? That's what I did. And as for the escape of shrouded hills? I simply ran away from the town on yhe south side. I accidently crossed thr river just by running too far on the world map.

So, it's possible to get there in level two, I assure you.

11. Bunny

Bunny New Member

I don't think you can get away from S.H. that easily. I mean, yes, you get to see the World Map, but you just can't get out of that Godforsaken place.

12. Mag the Bloody-handed

Mag the Bloody-handed New Member

If you leave town west of the mine you can glitch your way out of SH and into a traversible world map.

13. Wolfsbane

Yep. That's what I did. Easy enough. Besides, why would I lie about getting beat up by a bloody rabbit at level two?

14. Bunny

Bunny New Member

You don't play turn-based, do you, Wolfsie?

15. Wolfsbane

Never have, never, ever, will. I play RT.

16. Mag the Bloody-handed

Mag the Bloody-handed New Member

I had a weird occurence once, starting out in the crash site I attacked one of the weak wolves ... it hit me once, my body flew to pieces then it turned on Virgil and he only lost an arm while dying. Both of us had full health.

17. Wolfsbane

Sounds like a crittical crittical attack. Or, the game hates you.

18. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

19. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

When anyone scores a critical hit, there is a possibility that it will take effect as a called shot, even if the attack was not made as one, and instantly kill the traget in a gruesome fasion by depriving them of an arm, leg, or head, or by seperating them into their component chunks.

20. Wolfsbane

My HO always do that. But I don't see any crittical hits. I'm just overkilling them.

Our Host!