Things that should be in the second part.

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by Octillicus, Apr 21, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. cadaver

cadaver New Member

good idea
    BUT some things are fixed which is a bit limiting
    you WILL have to talk with arronax/nasrudin **spoiler** (the dad)
    you WILL have to create the thing with the stone and the words (true and opposite)
    you WILL get killed in the end

2. Ferret

Ferret New Member

But that's always the problem about setting things in the past. The trick is, to make the events vague enough so that things have been corrupted over time. Legends are based on fact, but the facts are often completely different to the legend. In this way you could do pretty much anything you want, as long as it was somewhere in the vicinity of the legend.

Actually, you could probably even get around the Nasrudin/Arronax thing. Sure, you know that certain events HAVE to take place, but what's to say that it was Nasrudin or Arronax who did them? They would certainly have been 'deified' over time, so it could have been you, an understudy of Nasrudin or something, that accomplished the quests, but over time Nasrudin's great image caused him to become responsible for all the great deeds of the past. :lol:

3. cadaver

cadaver New Member

so you are saying that even the entire chirstianity could be just some lucky events by total strangers of each other
    (for example, I could olso take other big faiths here)

4. Ferret

Ferret New Member

I know it would severly piss off a lot of religeous people, but if you wanted to make a game set around the age of Christ then it could well be that Jesus was just some sort of spotty, gullible nerd who mistakenly got all the credit for things that other people had done. He got semi-deified in the future because people thought it was him, but infact it was you, the hero (or heroine), that set events in motion.

You see, because it all depends on the perception of the people who catalogued the events at the time, then what actually happened can be quite a bit different from what everybody believes happened in the future.

5. Arconis Trava

Arconis Trava New Member

ahh, my humble ideas have been glorified with such pretigious people as ferret and cadaver. I feel so loved
    by the way, i have a ferret. His name is congo, and hes soooo cool. I also live in NYC, so i am a kind of outlaw.
    just letting you know

6. cadaver

cadaver New Member

sexybabydrivemecrazy I love you
    in a non sexual way

7. Langolier

Langolier Member

I think I posted something like this before....maybe even in this thread. Sadly, i'm too lazy to scroll up and see. Anyway. Why not have it take place sometime before the age of legends. Whose to say it has to have anything to do with Arronax? Maybe it could be all about how the Orcs appeared or something like that. Durring the last point of high magical intervention.

8. cadaver

cadaver New Member

uhm arcanum is know for its magic and TECH struggle, sorry but its a good idea if you olso have a nice place for the tech

9. Langolier

Langolier Member

Uh yeah, I know. Durring that time I belive (could be wrong though) Vendigroth was still standing. So..... there is your place for Tech.

Our Host!