These hands' got blood on them.

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Dark Elf, Jul 6, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    His hand dived into the depths of his ragged old trenchcoat before it had even hit his mind. A cigarette. What he really needed now was a cigarette. Lit. Inhale. Exhale. Clarity returning, or was it just the illusion of clarity? Didn’t matter. The illusion would do great for now. At least his hands had stopped shaking. Good.
    But what in the Gods had happened? He wanted to know, but finding out would have to wait. All he knew was that he couldn’t remain in the Boil, making his way at an upset pace over Garillon Bridge towards the smog-enshrouded jewel that was Tarant, electric streetlights like blurred balls of warmth in the drizzly autumn night.
    A flyer whirling through the air. ”The Panarii Church helps all”, it said. He picked it up and wiped the blood off his hands with it. He was wicked sure praying wouldn’t help him. Not this night.

That bastard. Fuckim.

2. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

She stood still for a moment, looking at the empty houses outside the city of Tarant. As she slowly walked past them, she could see dark, old bloodstains by one of the doors. Under her, the ground went from grass and dirt to cobblestones. She passed some guards. Big, strong guards, with scars and eyepatches. Guards who had fought ogres and orcs for years. She stared at them, but they didn’t look up.

So this is Tarant…

[OOC]everything which is about my character and my character alone, ill write in olive. i think its easier that way...[/OOC]

3. Baal

Baal New Member

I have arrived

Having reached Tarant after his long trip, he moved into the city he notices some tough looking guards he grinned at them egger for a fight, but they must not have been in the mood this nigh, for they ignored his gestures completely. He Headed across the bridge towards the general store when he saw a flyer sayingâ€￾The Panarii Church helps allâ€￾, thinking redemption for a career killer was a joke, he ripped the flyer from the wall and through it to the wind.

Hmmm… this looks like a good place to stock up on supplies.

4. Dark Elf

Media:
    Of course he’d heard about vampires, it was just that he’d never expected to actually lay his eyes on one. After all, what else could that had been? He emptied what was left of his ale, snapped his massive fingers at the bartender and lit another cigarette. For what must had been the thousandth time since he entered Grants’ tavern, he made sure his gun was still in place. It was – the barrel still warm after him firing how many rounds? Enough to kill a regiment of ogres, that’s for sure, but the bastard just wouldn’t die, smiling even as the bullets tore big gaping holes into that lanky body of his.

Vampires only a myth? Yeah, right.

5. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

Continuing onwards, I crossed the bridge and asked a guard for directions to the nearest inn. After a good ten minutes fumbling through the maze that is Tarant, I found myself outside the Bridesdale Inn, and decided to spend the night there.

6. Baal

Baal New Member

I was just sitting back on an old wagon waiting for the general store to open when I saw an obviously drunk man stumbling about as fast as he could go up the street, he only stopping briefly to wipe the blood from his shaking hands. Who or what the blood belonged to I didn’t know. I stayed quiet watching the man as he run past me and into the tavern. Soon afterwards I saw a group of guards running up the street, I ran/hid around the corner of Thurston’s Fashion Palace to avoid them noticing me, they ran past the tavern heading towards what sounded like a fight to the north of town. The sounds of gunfire should be herd in the distance.

7. Bunny

Bunny New Member

I'd been walking along the Hadrian for several days, hoping to get to the city of smoke before it was too late. I had to warn them, but could I do that when I didn't know who I was looking for? Could I do that when even I didn't believe in what I could see?
    ... But I HAD seen them in the water, blurry, distant, moving towards the crossroad.
    As I approached the Bridge, I wondered why I was doing this. Knowing myself, I was probably trying to be delivered, the sympathetic attitude was just a ruse. They were my last chance.
    I dropped my stick to the sounds of gunfire. Ahhh, it'd been a long time. They reminded me why I'd left Tarant in the first place. The road was filled with puddles and I was standing in one of them. When I bent down to pick up my stick, I couldn't help looking at the water, and the images flitted through my mind. I saw blood in one of them. The word "Panarii" surrounded that one.
    At least I knew how to recognize them...

8. Dark Elf

Media:
    Along with the next ale came the worries – why’d he alone been spared from the carnage at the Boiling Point tavern, and why’d he sought up a new establishment so soon after it? It seemed to run contrary to all reason, as if he actually wanted it all to happen again. He felt a passing sensation that he shouldn’t be doing this. For all he knew, at this very moment, he could be hunted just for the sport of it.
    But fuck it, he thought. After what he’d been through, he damn deserved these pints.
    Perhaps it was because he himself was the only one who’d put up a fight? He wiped the froth of his chin. The ladies and most of the men had had no chance against the bastard, no time to react. Not even for the hardened clientele of the Point. The bastard’d been fast, terribly fast, and had struck suddenly without any warning whatsoever. That elven guy had managed to put up some flashy sorcery, but found it hard to continue after his head was gorily removed from its usual place. So much for his bragging away about knowing the secrets of the arcane.
    Then that devil had been coming for HIM, and Trevor had capped one at the bastard’s head, damn blowing half his head off, but the fucker still kept dragging his legs towards him. And he’d fired and fired and FIRED, and then it CLICKED and CLICKED and CLICKED.
    And then, inches from his face, the blown off face of a devil, smiling, smiling at him. It’d opened the gory remains of it’s mouth, and whispered, still smiling; ”Later”. And all of a sudden, he’d been all alone, and fled the Boil, leaving the bloodbath behind.

It’d been one hell of a night. No way it was getting worse than this.

And then he heard a gunshot.

9. Baal

Baal New Member

Getting curious I started to follow the guards that I once avoided. Turning several corners through the winding streets. I found my self looking into the courtyard at Polton Cross and Dollins Turn. I pushed my self against the wall so they wouldn’t notice me, some guards where already there fighting a strange man warring a whole filled black trench cote he was moving so fast the guards could barley keep up with him. There was a man. There helping them fight this man was just shooting up a storm but barley hitting a thing, who ever the assailant was I was staying out of this one. I stayed against the wall watching as the guards where being picked off one by one. I noticed a familiar face the man with the gun was the man I was looking for, this was perfect. I took my chance wile the guards where distracted by whatever he was. letting a flame from me fingers I lit the gun smith on fire, the man they where fighting didn’t seem to like the fire one bit, he fled from there so fast he was gone before the gunsmith fell to the ground. At this time I ducked back into the shadows and started to move away. I noticed some of the stunned guards where heading my way so I ran down Grimson Way ducked between two buildings and hid behind some barrels in front of what appeared to be a shop called P.Schuyler & Sons. I could hear the sounds of one or two of the guards as they looked down the near by streets, apparently they didn’t even see what hit him.

Now I started to wonder what was that thing they where fighting. I’ve seen mages using shields of protection and hast, but never taking a dozen direct hits from a gun and keep fighting like that. I just hope whatever it was is gone for good.

(Was it a different one or the same one that healed?)

10. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

Just as I was getting ready to sleep, I heard gunshots to the north-east. I had never seen a fight before, with the exception of a few magic duels between the younger elven boys of my village. â€￾This is my chance to experience a real fight!â€￾ I thought. I got dressed, and rushed to the scene of the fight. Not even a minute after i got there, a man was set on fire. By what, I don’t know. Another man who had been fighting the guards, seemed to dislike flames, and fled. He came straight towards me. He practically crashed into me, grabbed both my arms with his strong hands, and gave me a look I’ll never forget. His eyes were black, and I could see a flame dancing in his pupil. After piercing me with his look, i heard a voice in my head. â€￾Interestingâ€￾. And then he was gone.

11. Bunny

Bunny New Member

It would be one hell of a night, there was no doubt about it. The gunshots hadn’t been a warm welcome. I quickened the pace and clasped my stick firmly. I saw a shadow turning in Devonshire Way and then turning again. My right hand moved instinctively to where my bladed boomerang was. My heart was beating faster and faster, and it could only mean one thing: one of them was near. I turned and saw the figure, lying behind some barrels, under a tattered Panarii sign. A man. There was blood all around him. He moaned in pain. “Let him live, please,â€￾ I whispered. I walked up to where he was and squatted next to him. With a rapid movement he gripped my throat and grinned with the remains of a distorted mouth. My boomerang fell to the floor, I groaned and tried to free myself; I heard footsteps not far away, if only someone would hear us. He pressed his piercing teeth to my forearm, tearing the skin. He sucked.
    Fuck.

12. Baal

Baal New Member

I finally found a place to rest there behind those barrels, it had been a long night. I stayed there till I saw the sun rising from around the corners of the buildings bring a new life to a once sleeping Tarant.

Ahhh… A new day.

I could feel my stomach starting to growl, so I got up and started moving down Devonshire Way. I spotted Grants tavern and decided they looked about right. Going inside I went over to the bartender and asked what they had to eat there, I ordered a bowl of beef stew and a pint. Wile I was waiting for my stew I saw a ragged looking man in an old trench coat sitting next to me, seeing the spots of blood on his clothes I asked the man “so… what happened to you last night?â€￾

13. Dark Elf

Media:
    He had to admit to himself that he’d lost track of time – not that he hadn’t lost track of just about anything - but the dim sunlight spilling in from the many-paned windows sort of got him thinking that maybe it was morning. As he could remember it, this was the first time in his life he welcomed the coming of dawn.
    He’d all but gone paralyzed when he heard the malicious echoes of gunfire from the streets during the night, nearly falling off his chair, but whatever they were fighting out there (that beast?), at least it hadn’t reached the tavern. And now there was daylight, and he was safe.
    This thought angered him – there was unspeakable horror out there, and he’d been sitting here like a coward, deafening his mind with the sweet juice of the barley. But then again, there was provably nothing he could had done, except getting himself killed.

Maybe he’d leave Tarant today?

No!

Trev would be the first to admit; he was a crook. Always had been. As fate would have it, it was the only trade he was really good at, and who’d employ anyone from his parts anyway? However, he liked to entertain the thought that he’d never crossed a man who didn’t deserve it. He took pride in making himself sure about that before accepting a contract.

And nobody deserved it better than this fucker did.

There had to be a way.

“so… what happened to you last night?”

The smooth voice took him entirely by surprise. He looked up from the emptied glass he’d been staring at for the last hour or so. There stood a strange red-haired elf, mercenary by the look of him.

”None of your damn business”, Trevor grunted, stood up and made his way towards the door. He wasn’t in the mood for talking.

He’d find a way to kill that bastard. Perhaps the Panarii Church was the answer, after all?

14. Bunny

Bunny New Member

I woke up when it dawned. I couldn’t see the sunlight but I knew it was morning already. I was locked up in chains, which meant I would be his medicine for some time. And then I realised: this was not a pure-blood vampire. This was a half-blood one, one who could still walk the streets without being recognized, that is, if you weren’t looking for one of his kind. That was why I was still alive. I got up and tried to move a little. Something was missing, my boomerang. I remembered dropping it.
    On hearing the clanging metal of the lock I lay down and pretended to be asleep. My hair covered my eyes, but I could still see. The door opened and a hunching figure got in and left some food and a bowl with water. “Sucker,â€￾ I thought. I felt his look on me. He raised his hand to touch me, but the door upstairs opened and someone called “Anybody here?â€￾ So he left me. When he turned his back on me, I saw his clothes. Priest robes.
    So the Panarii were involved, after all.

15. Baal

Baal New Member

Shocked by the mans response I sat down and started to eat my stew, on his way out the door I herd him mumbling something about wanting to kill someone. Did he mean me or someone ells, either way he was so drunk he wouldn’t be much of a threat. Maybe I could get some business from this guy if he has any money? So grabbing a swig of ale I got up through a couple coins on the counter I started to follow the man, I stayed at a safe distance for a wile till I thought the time was right. Then as he was reaching the doors to the Panarii temple I moved up to the wall just around the corner from him, readied my hands incase of an attack, and said around the corner “who was it that you wanted killed, I could kill them for you. It’s what I do.â€￾

16. Dark Elf

Media:
    The streets were busy, like they always were. People of all statures and races were hurrying along, running their errands, on the way to their jobs. A regular day like any other, as if last night never was.

No matter what shit went down in the Boil, it never got here.

He pushed himself through the crowd, a newly lit cigarette dangling from his lips. A bit off balance from all the drinking, but nothing bad. A little something to eat and he’d be alright. The hot dogs they sold on Devonshire Way used to be alright. He bought a couple and took the turn up Low Dervish Row.

The Panarii Temple didn’t really look like any such thing, Trevor thought. It was a simple brick building, just like any other in these parts. Many of the stones were cracked, and ever since the invention of the spray paint can five years ago scoundrels had been clottering the old walls with less flattering pieces of ”art”. No less, it was a temple, and there had to be someone who knew how to deal with the unholy.

He reached for the doors…

“who was it that you wanted killed, I could kill them for you. It’s what I do.”

The elven mercenary from Grant’s Tavern. He’d been tailed. Damned himself for being so careless. He turned around slowly, for some reason smiling, hand ready to grab the gun from its holster and fire in one swift motion.

”If you don’t tell me who the hell you are and what you want from me boy, there might be more things red on you than that fancy hair of yours.”

17. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

I got to my feet, and stumbled back to the Bridesdale. I stopped outside the door thinking, â€￾There’s no way I’ll get any sleep tonight.â€￾

I spent the night roaming the streets. At one point, I saw two figures behind some barrels. Probably homeless people. We didn’t have such poverty in my village. I remembered things like light, happiness and safety from our village. Everyone knew everyone. I longed back, but at the same time, I longed for adventure.

Just before dawn, I came to the Panarii temple. I stopped for a moment. I thought about the Panarii prophecies. About Nasrudin and Arronax. It was my favourite story when i was younger. I suddenly felt an urge to go inside. I didn’t know why, but something in there just… called for me. I entered the brick building.

18. Bunny

Bunny New Member

As soon as the door closed I reached for the bowl of water. “Relax,â€￾ I told myself. I breathed in and out and emptied my mind. I looked at the water. Nothing. I took the bowl in my hands and moved it in circles. “Oodoot towi mwosh,â€￾ I chanted softly, “makliw towi mwosh...â€￾ The water heated and turned into steam. “Wait for fire, it will come,â€￾ it said. But in what shape would fire come? There was something black, or at least dark, mingled with this red fire.
    Upstairs, the front door opened again.

19. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

The inside of the temple was as simple as the outside. A few torches lit the walls, and at the far end there was an altar. To the right of the altar lay a book on a bookstand. I walked up to it, and began to read. It was, of course, about Nasrudin and Arronax. I stared at the book for a while, until a priest came up to me and asked:

"Can I help you my child?â€￾
    â€￾Umm, I don’t know really…â€￾
    â€￾Perhaps you would like to come to my office, and we could have a chat?â€￾

I couldn’t resist. My mind was reluctant, but my heart and soul demanded to go with him. And so, I followed him down the stairs and into his office.

20. Bunny

Bunny New Member

Low voices; people walking together, two of them. He was a plodder, the other one was a light walker. A woman. They were coming downstairs. I heard his voice, soft, persuasive...

“Now, my child, is your heart restless?â€￾

I couldn’t hear the woman’s answer, but she wasn’t one of his kind. A victim. More than that, as I heard my heart beating faster and louder; she was one of them. “Let her know, let her flee!â€￾ I was in chains, there was nothing I could do. Even if I screamed, it would only make things happen sooner. I closed my eyes. “Think! THINK!â€￾ I remembered the images I’d had of them. Red, red, red, that was the only picture I got, was this a sign? “THINK!â€￾ And the image of a beautiful, dying half-elf calling “Azriâ€￾, followed by two letters written on a piece of paper... A draft. I couldn’t make out the letters. But a voice whispered softly in my ear “teeh elle.â€￾
    “Screw it,“ I thought, “we’re going to die anyway.â€￾ And so I screamed with all my soul.

“RED! AZRI! TEEH ELLE!â€￾

Our Host!