These are the Mods that I am still working on.

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by Arthgon, Sep 22, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

These are the mods that I am still working on:

1. The Dark Dimension: A remake of the good old and cool game Die Dunkle Dimension that was made for the c64. This game is 10% ready.

2. Earthly Apocalypse(Work Title):

Short Description: In the year 2010 the Earth met her deadliest nemesis, an unexpected invasion of the Supernatural. Unprepared, the armies of the world couldn’t stand against foes immune to human made weapons. Not able to bring this evil on its knees, they even used nuclear weapons, but it only brought disaster on their self. Now with their modern technology and weapons destroyed, the people on Earth were thrown back to the Dark Ages, with demon Lords who demanded tributes, and hordes of undead walking the face of the Earth. Even in the darkest hours, heroes emerged and battles are won against the evil that has invaded the Earth.

The Time Line:

20 December 2009

9 PM: Scientists of Denmark began to experiment with the machine that is calculating the possibility of the existence of other dimensions.

9.30 PM: Through electricity fallout cancelled the first attempt.*

10 PM: The electricity is back on, and they began with the second attempt.

10.30 PM: It was again cancelled, because of some minor failure of the engines.*

11.15 PM: All the engines were fixed, and the third attempt was made.

11.20 PM: Finally the machine was now full operational.

11.30 PM: Suddenly on the screen of the machine, strange calculations began to appear, who baffled the scientists, and then red light surrounded now the machine.

11.45 PM: Then the machine began to burst out the red light, almost killing all the scientists, the survivors tried to close the program and machine, but they failed.

11.55 PM: Shapes began to form, and the survivors saw that they were demons and demon Lords.

12 PM: Scientists, who has survived the burst, were killed by the demons. Only four of the scientists survived the slaughter, and were hiding in a barred room. Now contact was broken with the outside world.

21 December

1 AM: The U.N and the United States contacted the country, demanding to know what did happend out there.

2 AM: The country confirmed, that there is a problem out there, but it can handled by their nation army.

3 AM: The nation send their troops to the complex, and they went in.

5 AM: Last contact with the army is made, only they heard screaming, and then contact is lost.

8 AM: After some hours waiting, they called the change of survival of the army minimal.

9 AM: Strange forms were seen outside of the complex.

12 AM: Fall of the nation through the claws of the Demons.

13 PM: The nation is now in the claws of the Demon Lord Gar'ax.

15 PM: Norway, Sweden and Finland falls, their armies slaughtered like sheep, and their cities burned down as cinder.

22 December

Poland and Germany tried to stop the march of the Demons, but their weapons were useless. Now they were easy picking for the Demon army. Germany and Poland felt, with their cities burned down, and the half of the people were slaughtered, because they had the nerve to step up against the Demon army.

23 December

Earthquakes began to ravage the lands. The northern part of the Netherlands became an island. Later it became the Northern Kingdom.

Russia took council, and first they closed their borders, then they used missiles on the upcoming horde of the Demons.

26 December

Russia made with the Demon Arch-Lord Gar'ax an agreement, that Russia shall not attack the Demons, and the Demons shall not attack Russia.

PS: I shall make the Time Line complete.

PSS: It's more like a Return of Cthulhu-like apocalypse, first the pc must survive the attack on their nation, then they must find a way to survive in their destroyed nation. Also they get then the option to battle the demons and their Demon Lords.

PSSS: All the world economy has been collapsed, so trade is back in the saddle.

PSSSS: Most of the people will not help the pcs, most do this out of fear for retribution from the demons and the traitors.(People who took the side of the demons.)There are already half of the countries dead through the attack or through retribution.

This module is 15% ready.

What do you think of my modules?

* In my old notebook of January 2007, I wrote that these two things took two months to repair.

2. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Module No. 1: I've never heard of the game it's based on, so meh.

Module No. 2: HELL FUCK YES. Gimmie gimmie.

3. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

4. Arthgon

Okay I shall work hard to finish this mod, but its now 15 % ready so please have patience.

Weather Effects:

These happenings has a disasterous effect on the weather:

Fallout Clouds (EL 2): In some places, nuclear missils have been used to stop the upcoming horde, but it is only made the places unhabitated, and the fallout clouds is making it very hard to survive.

Rain of Blood (EL 3): NPCs and PCs of the Good Alignment, must make a saving throw, or be shaken for some rounds(DC 20). Evil has +2 bonus on moral.

Ghost Storms (EL 4): The Ghost Storm has now also a strange side effect, anyone who came in touch of it, has a big chance to mutate.

Roll Dice:

1-25 Only the damage apply of the Ghost Storm.
    26-50 The side-effect is infusing the dna, and the mutation accured.
    51-100 The damage apply and also the side-effect is infusing the dna, and the mutation accured.

Mutations:

The creature, who came in contact with the Ghost Storm becomes an other creature.

Roll Dice 1d100:

1-25 Cat Folk
    26-30 Dwarf
    31-35 Halfling
    36-40 Gnome
    41-45 Elf
    46-50 Zombie
    51-55 Goblin
    56-60 Troglodyte
    61-65 Lycanthrope
    66-70 Ghoul
    71-75 Ghast
    76-80 Ogre
    81-85 Troll
    86-90 Hill Giant
    91-100 Vampire

Let's go further with the Time Line:

30 December

Russia attacked Oekrania and annexed it to Russia.

United States opened it's border for refugees, who came out of Europe and Asia.

The president warned Russia that they must pull back from Oekrania, but Russia gave no answer to this.

31 December New Year

Heavy snow and the sudden destruction of all the electricity, made the people celebrated this day by candles and in fear.

Demons began to attack and captured Switzerland.

Next time more about this mod.

And the rest you shall see in the module, when the game is finished!

5. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Is this an Arcanum module we're talking about? If so, then what does "15%" really mean? Written story, or completed scenes of a work in progress?

6. Arthgon

Yes...This is an Arcanum module, but its not playing in the world of Arcanum.

The scenes of the work in progress, Places, Scripts, Dialogs, and the Written Story are 15% complete. So please have a little patience.

7. Wolfsbane

I have tons of patience, when I feel like it. I just didn't want to hear "I've completed 15% of the story on paper. I haven't even begun scripting or anything yet. But that's ok, right?".

Go ahead and really do this. Complete it. New mods are always nice.

8. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

I can't wait to see how you're going to update the scenery items from a quasi-Victorian appearence to a more modern look.

Please tell us you're not planning to dump Fallout's orange junk cars into your mod.

9. Arthgon

No, I don't think that I will use them(Orange junk cars), because I don't think that they will look right in my module.

EDIT: I am working now very very hard on my modules(TDD and EA).

10. stylex

stylex Member

So this will take a while?But it sounds good.

11. Arthgon

Yes, this mod could take awhile, because I want to modernized the items, scenery, and other things. Also I want to make this mod very perfectly.

12. Wolfsbane

How, exactly, are you going to add the dice system to Arcanum? Just curious.

Our Host!