The Ultimate List of Arcanum's Easter Eggs

Discussion in 'News Comments' started by Anonymous, Jul 17, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Minuos

Minuos New Member

Depends on the reader. When writing, I use undertones then short sentences or speech to cap them off. It's interesting to hear what people think, but I hate to hear what people think they know (connoisseurs with no creative experience are short of a good kicking). Which is more what I assumed Xiao to be speaking of. But yes, you need to have different interpretations. It can help you develop your writing, only much of the time it doesn't, but I can sympathise with the fact that it can be really bloody annoying.

Anyway, interpretations ruined Burgess, so I reserve the right to call someone an idiot when they think I'm expressing an opinion on class differentiation in a passage which serves only as filler between two key points. So should Xiao.

2. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

I would argue that pointless filler in a writing is detrimental to the piece as a whole. If somebody gets something out of it, hold onto it with all your might.

3. Minuos

Minuos New Member

I didn't mention pointless filler. What I did mention is more the breath between points made, so to speak. I don't need to hold onto people getting something out of it if more understand the points which are actually relevant to the rest of the text. Besides, I have some work which is largely a farce and of the four people who managed to get a look, two treated it seriously. So take interpretations with a pinch of salt.

That's what happens academically, after all. The more widespread views are the ones which matter most.

4. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

According to this and this, there was actually no mistake in my sentence.

5. yusefghanima

yusefghanima New Member

interesting list

- Nasrudin, means in Arabic, triumph of religion. The famous title of Nasrudin is Joha. It’s possible that the Turkish figure is based upon Arabic man, whose real name is Dojain ibn Thabet.
    - Arbalah seems a combination of Arab and Allah, his wife and son have Arabic names, Jamila, beautiful female, and Saif, sword.

6. Soren

Soren New Member

I have a request

I have a request, can you possibly look up who this character portrait was created after? Optimally if you could find the actual picture of the person as you did for the portraits of the eater eggs, that would be awesome.

[​IMG]

7. Smuelissimo

Smuelissimo New Member

8. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

I would suggest looking around. Who she is has already been determined.

9. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

Our Host!