The Thousand Orcs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Darkwalker, Mar 6, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

R.A. Salvatore's latest effort involving "the companions of the hall" aka Drizzt and the gang. I'm a huge fan of Salvatore's work, but I think this series is at the point where it's just become a cash cow for him. I mean how many times can members of this group come to damn near dying, surving impossible odds, etc. I wish Salvatore would just kill somebody off for once, and rekindle my fuckin' interest. Standing by itself it's a good read, but coupled with his previous works, it's predictable and a little boring.

http://www.kingsofchaos.com/page.php?id=427753

2. Drugar

Drugar New Member

I'm waiting for it to come out here.
    But I agree with some of your points. The first 6 books were good, very very good. Siege of Darkness was cool as well, but Passage to Dawn, and Starless night were just....boring, predictable and repetative.
    I was glad that Wulfy had bitten the dust, but to bring him back took al meaning from his death.
    And now hearing that the next book is not much better....doesn't really raise the morale here.

Oh well, was thinking of aquiring the Discworld Series anyway, so I;ll have something to read in the meantime.

3. backstabber

backstabber New Member

drizzt???
    isnt that the goodie two shoes drow i killed twice over???

Our Host!