The Stillwater Giant

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Corsarius, May 17, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Corsarius

Corsarius New Member

Is there a way of trapping the "blue bunny" in the stillwater giant trap?

I've tried it a hundred times, even trying that silly thing of 'strip buck naked and smear yourself with this animal scent before trying it'.

Every bloody time the thing morphs into the giant, and before I can reach my charged plate and tesla gun, I'm little bits of dead human.

It would be nice to bring back the live thing rather than just the pelt (although watching HT Parnell's reaction, or the reaction of that idiot elf in Stillwater is worth it for that and that alone!)

2. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

Minor spoilers:

Which bunny are you referring to?
    If it's the one in the cave, just use the trap on it right away, you don't really need the other stuff.
    If it's the other bunny, you can't catch it.

3. Icairus

Icairus New Member

I've never actually seen the other bunny... where can I find it?

4. Canis

Canis New Member

Random encounter while travelling near Stillwater. I believe you first need to present Myrth with the fake pelt and tell him you ripped it off from Parnell.

Save, then attack the bunny for a surprise. :)

5. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

you ever kill one of them vorpal bunnies and watch magnus go nuts about it?

Parmanian

6. Canis

Canis New Member

*grumble* :-x

Of course not. I even resurrect the bunny killed by the werewolf.

Rabbit Liberation Now! :bunny:

7. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

I don't like spending all that money on a measly resurrect spell..........hehehehe

I remember I did it one time on that archiologist...he gave me no info.....no thanks....no XP......so I killed him again......hehehehe

then LOST rep point for doing so...........whats wrong with this picture?

Parmanian

8. Egor

Egor New Member

In my game, blue bunny do not want to become a giant. I've been kicking bunny, running around it in my plate NP80. Bunny like ordinary bunny. Does the Stillwater giant exist?

9. verminator_666

verminator_666 New Member

once youve found the location of quintarra keep walking round stillwater on mapmode and you randomly meet a blue rabbit with a question markaround it, attack it to see the stillwater giant

also to catch the rabbit just put the trap in the hot box, click it then the rabbit

:thinkof:

10. Corsarius

Corsarius New Member

I tried this on the 'blue bunny' in the cave. No worries, easily caught.

I also tried this on the 'blue bunny?' that turns into the giant. Not so easily caught. I wind up very painfully hurt (again), but Dog is always a good friend in these situations and killed it for me while I was donning my electro-plate.

11. verminator_666

verminator_666 New Member

i think you can actually catch them, just as soon walk around stillwater with no armour while using the scent stuff, then as soon as you see it use the trap.

12. Morden279

Morden279 New Member

That's weird, I've never seen the bunny transform into the giant before, I just took the view that it was that mad old Zoologist having a laugh, and that there WAS no Stillwater Giant!

I've even ran rings around the damn critter in full plate and in combat mode, and nothing's happened! :???:

However, when I talked to Franklin Payne about his fight with the Giant, I thought his story of it morphing into a bunny was too accurate to be co-incidence...

Regards,
    Morden

13. Canis

Canis New Member

Did you attack the bun? Not the one in the cave, the one in the random encounter.

14. Morden279

Morden279 New Member

Ah, so it's the wrong bunny! Can you roughly tell me where the location of the REAL Stillwater Giant/ Bunny is? (Co-ordinates?)

Regards,
    Morden

15. Canis

Canis New Member

There aren't any coordinates, sorry. It's a random encounter had whilst travelling in the vicinity of Stillwater. Only happens once, and only after you give the fake pelt to Myrth. You might also have to tell him it's fake, not sure.

16. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

I'm pretty sure telling him it's a fake is required. In one game, I told him it was the real one and never got the real bunny to find me. In another, I told him it was fake and got attacked by the real giant.

17. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

To see the real Stillwater Giant, you must tell Myrth it is a fake on the first response line. Saying you caught it first & then telling him you stole it won't do.

I have been told that with enough persuasion, you can convince him it is real & get him to take the darn thing off your hands. No Giant that way.

18. Morden279

Morden279 New Member

I've lied to him that the pelt's real on my first two games, so I'll take your advice and admit that it's fake on my current stint. (Evil character.)

Regards,
    Morden

Our Host!